December newsletter

  • Merv Rossiter
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2000
      Greetings from Australia

      Firstly, the weather report. Today, Wednesday the 6th December, the sun
      rose about 4.30am and will set at about 6.30pm. We have a blue dome sky
      with a slight breeze from the south east. The top temperature will be about
      30C with an overnight low of about 18C. Down at the beach the water
      temperature is a pleasant 22C. Queensland people have a saying that their
      weather is "beautiful one day and perfect the next" and today they are spot
      on. The two day outlook is for the weather to get warmer.

      Secondly, the December newsletter is now on-line. Your comments would be
      appreciated.

      Thirdly, I hope to attend the Irish Genealogical Congress in Dublin next
      year from Sep 17 to 23 with stop-overs at London, Liverpool and Wexford. I
      am asking friends to organise a Rossiter Congress in Wexford 15/16
      September and I'm looking for some one to organise a Rossiter Congress in
      London
      (or there abouts) for the weekend 8/9 September. There has been one
      suggestion that we have a congress at Rossiter's Vineyard on the Isle of
      Wight. I would like to hear from anyone interested in a "Rossiter
      get-together."

      Fourthly, I wish to thank all those kind people who supported the Rossiter
      Newsletter. Your contributions are greatly appreciated. Please keep them
      rolling in.

      And finally, may I wish you all a very Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year.
      I'm off to play Santa Claus for the next two weeks at a local shopping
      centre. I'm just wishing for some cooler weather.

      All the best

      Merv
      merv@...