Re: [rossiter] Re: various ROSSITER refs from around Frome

  • Dave Rossiter
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2000
      David,

      Thanks for that miscellaneous ROSSITER information, it may have cleared up
      a 'missing Joseph' problem (or not as the case may be)

      In the listing you included:-

      From NSP Banns:
      Apr 1844 Joseph ROSSITER widr & Eliza KING sp of Bath StJ

      Does anyone know where Joseph came from ?

      How old he was?

      Who his former wife was?

      Does anyone know where the marriage took place - could it have been Bath?

      It's just that Joseph Rossiter, my 4xGGrandfather, Blacksmith of Road,
      Husband of Sarah Dyer - doesn't appear to have died in Road, although I
      think I've found Sarah's burial.

      Am I clutching at straws? - Yup!

      BTW. There is one Joseph R. who died in Road in 1846, he was 21 and the son
      of Job R. and Catherine/Caroline - I have the certificate.

      Dave R.
    • David Smart
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2000
        Dave,

        Since these are NSP Banns, I presume the marriage was supposed to take place
        at NSP. But maybe the Banns wd be read in both spouse's parish and it was
        celebrated in Bath?

        David

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6, 2000
          I've received the first instalment from Hilda Massey of details of Longleat
          leases mentioning ROSSITERs - and a lot of other familiar names! Lots of
          relationships, dates, ages... I'll post them when I've gone through them.

          David Smart
          London, England

          Pobjoy website at http://freespace.virgin.net/david.smart6
          Frome website at http://www.gomezsmarts.free-online.co.uk