Elizabeth Rose dau of John and Sarah Jane (Hone)

  • sarahg@eidosnet.co.uk
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2000
      Hello Everyone, I have finally started on the Rossiter side and now received my ggrandmother's birth certificate. Does anyone else have these details in their tree or could enlighten me more? All my other searching has been in Canada/US so now I have to get into UK mode!!

      Elizabeth Rose Rossiter b 27.2.1891 (111 Upper Brents, Preston) daughter of John Rossiter, Brickfield Labourer & Sarah Jane Rossiter nee Hone. Birth registered in Faversham, Kent.

      Cheers
      Sarah
    • haigger.freeserve.co.uk
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2000
        Hello Sarah

        Do you think this is your family in the 1881 census?

        Dwelling: No 8 Butlers Lane
        Census Place: Teynham, Kent, England
        Source: FHL Film 1341231 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 0971 Folio 128
        Page 12
        Marr Age Sex Birthplace
        John ROSSITER M 36 M Milton, Kent, England
        Rel: Head
        Occ: Brickfield Laborer
        Sarah Jane ROSSITER M 27 F Chatham, Kent, England
        Rel: Wife
        Mary Jane ROSSITER 10 F Teynham, Kent, England
        Rel: Daur
        Occ: Scholar
        Margerat ROSSITER 9 F Teynham, Kent, England
        Rel: Daur
        Occ: Scholar
        Alfred R. ROSSITER 5 M Teynham, Kent, England
        Rel: Son
        Oliver G. ROSSITER 3 M Teynham, Kent, England
        Rel: Son
        Frederick C. ROSSITER 2 M Teynham, Kent, England
        Rel: Son
        Henry TRIMER U 24 M Chester Tramer
        Rel: Boarder Lodger
        Occ: Brickfield Laborer

        regards
        Shelley

        >Hello Everyone, I have finally started on the Rossiter side and now
        received my ggrandmother's birth certificate. Does anyone else have these
        details in their tree or could enlighten me more? All my other searching
        has been in Canada/US so now I have to get into UK mode!!

        >Elizabeth Rose Rossiter b 27.2.1891 (111 Upper Brents, Preston) daughter of
        John Rossiter, Brickfield Labourer & Sarah Jane Rossiter nee Hone. Birth
        registered in Faversham, Kent.

        >Cheers
        >Sarah

        >Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa. ZERO. Rates as low as 0.0
        >percent Intro APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points, no hidden
        >fees, and much more. Get NextCard today and get the credit you deserve.
        >Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at

      • Sarah Gouin
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2000
          Hi Shelley

          It looks like it is, unless it is a wild coincidence!

          I've no idea where 111 Upper Brents, Preston is - do you know if that is
          somewhere in the Faversham area which is where her birth was registered?

          Another question - do you know how to check this out? John would have been
          46 and Sarah 37 at the time of Elizabeth's birth, I suppose one way could be
          to get hold of one of the birth certs for another child and see if I get
          Hone as the maiden name for Sarah.

          Oh, the other thing is that my grandmother was born in Teynham (dau of
          Edward George Weller and Elizabeth Rose Rossiter) - at 14 Station Row - so
          this gives us another plus sign.

          Regards
          Sarah