Kent Rossiters

  • Browns
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 1999
      Kent Rossiters.

      Hi Everyone,

      Here at long last is my transcript of the second film of Bishops Transcripts for Milton.

      Yes, I had a great time when I was over in England, caught up with some old friends and some new ones. Spent most of my time in Hastings with family but managed to travel around Kent quite a bit. I also came back with lots of copies of old family photos; now I have to put names to them.

      Regards,

      Glynn Brown.

      Bishops Transcripts.1890+

      LDS Film No. 1835503

      Milton-next-Sittingbourne.

      BAPTISM

      11th March 1890 William George son of Sarah ROSSITER Milton Union.

      22nd Aug. 1892 Caroline dau of Robert Thomas & Mary Jane ROSSITER.

      Milton, Labourer.

      BURIAL

      3rd Sept. 1892 Caroline ROSSITER Milton 12 days old.

      BAPTISM

      26th April 1896 Alfred Sydney son of Robert Thomas & Mary Jane ROSSITER

      Milton Barge-Loader

      BURIAL

      7th Oct. 1897 Thomas ROSSITER Milton 72 years.

      BAPTISM

      24th Jan. 1897 John Thomas son of Robert Thomas & Mary Jane ROSSITER

      Milton, Labourer.

      28th May 1899 George son of Robert Thomas & Mary Jane ROSSITER

      Flushing Street, Milton. Labourer.

      BURIAL

      31st Jan. 1899 George ROCHESTER 83 years Milton Union.

      BAPTISM

      3rd Dec. 1903 Eva May dau of Albert & Ellen ROCHESTER

      9 Upper Park Road, Milton. Labourer.

      On The Same Film

      MINSTER, Isle of Sheppey.

      BURIAL

      22nd Feb 1818 Frances ROCHESTER Minster 24 years.

      BAPTISM

      22nd March 1818 George ROCHESTER son of William & Frances ROCHESTER

      Minster, Labourer.
    • Mr Glynn Brown
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2000

        Hi everyone,

                            It’s Glynn Brown here and it’s been a long time since I have made a contribution to the list.

        To Sarah, “Full Age” it means over twenty-one; which can be frustrating sometimes.

        A few months ago I moved to Brewarrina, Northern NSW, which is part of the Australian Outback. I have changed from teaching apprentices to teaching High School kids. Our school has only three white children in it, everyone else is aboriginal. Research out here is very difficult.

        Last school holidays I went to New Zealand to meet some relatives; one is Marj Harris who has put together an index of travellers in Kent from various sources. Below I have copied the ROSSITERS on the index.

        I seem to have mislaid Merv’s snail mail address; if he lets me have it I will send him a complete index on a floppy.

        My e-mail address is glynnbrown46@...

        If anybody is interested in a 3,000-word essay on Hop-Picking they can e-mail me at the above address.

        Now for the ROSSITERS about 11 pages. Regards Glynn Brown.

        ROSSITER, Abigail,  d/o James and  Eleanor, of 28

        Gravel Walk, Ashford, Kent, Hawker, born 20 Feb 1889, baptised on 4 Aug 1889.

        Ref: 20

        ROSSITER, Ada, of Sittingbourne, Kent, buried 21 May 1864, age 8 months.

        Ref: 29

        ROSSITER, Alfred, s/o James and Susan, Hawker, baptised  at Sittingbourne, Kent, on 22 Dec 1888.

        Ref: 15

        ROSSITER, Ambrose, s/o Thomas and Ruth, of Gravel Walk, Ashford, Dealer, born 7 Jul 1895, baptised 28 Jul 1895.

        Ref: 3

        ROSSITER, Barbara, d/o Thomas and Ruth, of Ashford, Dealer, baptised on 29 Oct 1876.

        Ref: 20

        ROSSITER, Barbara, of Ashford, Kent, age 66 years, buried on 8 Apr 1878.

        Ref: 20

        ROSSITER, Betty, d/o Richard and Sarah, baptised at Upchurch, Kent, on 10 Apr 1796.

        Ref: 30

        ROSSITER, Caroline, d/o James and Suie, of 26 Gravel Walk, Ashford, Kent, Hawker, born 26 Oct 1891, baptised on 6 Dec 1891.

        Ref: 20

        ROSSITER, Charles, lodger, single, age 29, Brewer's Drayman, born Kentish Town, London.  Living at 29 Beaver Road, Ashford, Kent, with James BRENCHLEY and family.

        Ref: 26

        ROSSITER, Charles Albert, of Sittingbourne, Kent, buried 29 Feb 1864, age 1ΒΌ years.

        Ref: 29

        ROSSITER, Edward, age 67, Hawker,  with dray, at Bridge Street, Wye, Kent, born Milton-next-Sittingbourne.  (0951 10 14 film 1341227)

        Ref: 7

        ROSSITER, Edward, s/o Thomas and Ruth, of 50 Gravel Walk, Ashford, Kent, Hawker, baptised on 18 May 1890. Ref: 20

        ROSSITER, Edward, witness at wedding of sister Sarah to Robert GARDENER, at Milton-next- Sittingbourne, Kent, on 11 Feb 1824.

        Ref: 9

        ROSSITER, Edward, age 25, Box Maker, living with wife in a house near the pond, Milton-next- Sittingbourne, Kent. Ref: 11

        ROSSITER, Elizabeth, age 21, daughter of Thomas

        ROSSITER, Hawker, married William HARRIS, at Sittingbourne, Kent, on 5 Jan 1874.

        Ref: 15

        ROSSITER, Elizabeth Jane, d/o Walter and Ellen, Gypsy, baptised at Sittingbourne, Kent, on 7 Apr 1878. Ref: 12

        ROSSITER, Ellen, of Sittingbourne, Kent, buried 25 Sep 1864, age 7 months.

        Ref: 29

        ROSSITER, Emily, d/o Thomas and Mary Anne, Hawker, baptised at Milton-next-Sittingbourne, Kent, on 10 Jun 1849.

        Ref: 9

        ROSSITER, Ernest Albert, s/o Richard and Catherine, Dealer, baptised at Milton-next-Sittingbourne, Kent, on 28 Oct 1849.

        Ref: 9

        ROSSITER, Esther, of Sittingbourne, Kent, buried 4 Jul 1853, age 34 years.

        Ref: 29

        ROSSITER, Frederick Thomas, s/o Richard and Catherine, Hawker, baptised at Milton-next-Sittingbourne, Kent, on 8 Dec 1844.

        Ref: 9

        ROSSITER, George, of Sittingbourne, Kent, buried 24 Sep 1869, age 6 days.

        Ref: 29

        ROSSITER, Harriet, d/o James and Susan, of Gravel Walk, Ashford, Hawker, baptised 21 Oct 1894. Ref: 3

        ROSSITER, James, age 40, Hawker (brush), living in a caravan in Thomas Road, Sittingbourne, Kent, with wife Susan, sons James, Jacob and daughters. (all Hawkers) (0977 19 32 film 1341232) Ref: 7

        ROSSITER, James, Dealer, age 67, of 28 Gravel Walk, Ashford, buried 18 Jan 1900.

        Ref: 3

        ROSSITER, James, of Longport, buried 26 Jun 1833, age 16 years. Ref: 35

        ROSSITER, James, Fish Dealer, age 38, of 16 Gravel Walk, Ashford, buried 15 Aug 1901.

        Ref: 3

        ROSSITER, James Edward, s/o of James and Ellen, of 22 Gravel Walk, Ashford, Kent, Fish Hawker, born 23 Nov 1891, baptised on 1 Jan 1892.

        Ref: 20

        ROSSITER, Jane Maria, d/o Jacob and Abigail, of 16 Gravel Walk, Ashford, Licensed Hawker, born 13 Aug 1895, baptised 3 Nov 1895.

        Ref: 3

        ROSSITER, Jane Elizabeth, d/o James and Caroline, of Ashford, Hawker, baptised at Charlton in Dover, Kent, on 7 Jul 1867.

        Ref: 1

        ROSSITER, Jemima, d/o Thomas and Ruth, of 14 Gravel Walk, Ashford, Kent, Hawker, born 24 Apr 1892, baptised on 24 May 1892.

        Ref: 20

        ROSSITER, Jimmie, s/o Walter and Ellen, of 26 Gravel Walk, Ashford, Dealer, baptised 13 Oct 1895. Ref: 3

        ROSSITER, John, of Longport, buried 1 Mar 1819, 6 weeks. Ref: 35

        ROSSITER, John, of Longport, buried 3 Jan 1815, 4 years. Ref: 35

        ROSSITER, John, witness at weddings of John PENFOLD and Mary Anne ATTWOOD, on 5 Jan 1824, and Robert GARDENER and Sarah ROSSITER, on 11 Feb 1824, at Milton-next-Sittingbourne, Kent. Ref: 9

        ROSSITER, Joseph, s/o Harriet ROSSITER, single, of Kirby Place, Canterbury, baptised on 29 Jan 1865. (Later known as BARTON).

        Ref: 23

        ROSSITER,  Margaret, d/o Thomas and Ruth, of 50

        Gravel Walk, Ashford, Kent, Hawker, baptised on 13 Jan 1889. Ref: 29

        ROSSITER, Mary, d/o Thomas and Ruth, of 5 St. John’s Lane, Ashford, Kent, Dealer, born 24 Jul 1893, baptised 27 Sep 1893.

        Ref: 29

        ROSSITER, Nancy, of Sittingbourne, Kent, buried 27 Jul 1849, age 1 year 6 months.

        Ref: 29

        ROSSITER, Richard, s/o Thomas ROSSITER, married Catherine DIVES, s/o Jacob DIVES, at Milton-next-Sittingbourne, Kent, on 21 Mar 1842.  Witnesses:  William ROSSITER and Anne ADAMS. Ref: 9

        ROSSITER, Richard, s/o Richard and Mary, Broom Maker, baptised at Milton-next-Sittingbourne, Kent, on 25 Mar 1838.

        Ref: 9

        ROSSITER, Richard, admitted to Milton-next-Sittingbourne Union Workhouse, Kent, on 30 Sep 1836.  Occupation given as Hawker and Showman.  Died there 26 Dec 1835.

        Ref: 16

        ROSSITER, Robert, of Sittingbourne, Kent, buried 24 May 1865, age 18 years.

        Ref: 29

        ROSSITER, Robert, of H.M.S. TYNG, buried at Sittingbourne, Kent, 7 Feb 1907, age 29 years.

        Ref: 29

        ROSSITER, Sarah, witness at wedding of John PENFOLD and Mary Anne ATTWOOD, Milton- next-Sittingbourne, Kent, on 5 Jan 1824.

        Ref; 9

        ROSSITER, Sarah, of Longport, buried 31 Aug 1814, age 7 years. Ref: 35

        ROSSITER, Sarah married Robert GARDENER, by banns, at Milton-next-Sittingbourne, Kent, on 11 Feb 1824.  Witnesses: John ROSSITER, Priscilla GARDENER,  Edward ROSSITER.

        Ref: 9

        ROSSITER, Sarah and Naomi, daughters of  James and Susan, of Snipe’s Hill, Sittingbourne, Kent, Hawker, baptised on 28 Mar 1886.

        Ref: 15

        ROSSITER, Sarah, d/o Jacob and Abigail, of Ashford, Hawker, baptised on 16 Oct 1884.

        Ref: 20

        ROSSITER, Stephen, s/o Phoebe, Traveller, privately baptised at Sittingbourne, Kent, on 29 Sep 1880. Ref: 12

        ROSSITER, Susie Elizabeth, d/o Jacob and Abigail, of 28 Gravel Walk, Ashford, Kent, Hawker, born 8 Jun 1889, baptised on 4 Aug 1889.

        Ref: 20

        ROSSITER, Thomas, Labourer, father of Richard ROSSITER, who married Catherine DIVES, on 21 Mar 1842. Ref: 9

        ROSSITER, Thomas, bachelor of Parish, married Barbara LEE, spinster of Parish, by banns, on 21 Oct 1833.  Witnesses: William GOLDSMITH and Rachel SIMPSON. Ref: 35

        ROSSITER, Thomas and Mary Ann, witnesses at the weddings of William DREW and Sarah BENNETT, on 1 Dec 1827, and John BENNETT and Rebecca FISHENDEN, on 26 Dec 1831.

        Ref: 9

        ROSSITER, Thomas, s/o Thomas and Barbara, Travellers, baptised at Milton-next-Sittingbourne, Kent, on 20 Mar 1836. Ref: 9

        ROSSITER, Thomas Sidney, s/o Thomas and Charlotte, of Ashford, Kent, Licensed Victuallar, baptised on 6 Nov 1881.

        Ref: 20

        ROSSITER, Thomas s/o Walter and Ellen, of 24 Gravel Walk, Ashford, Kent, Hawker, baptised on 29 May 1892. Ref: 20

        ROSSITER, Thomas Alfred, s/o Walter and Harriet Annie, of 52 Gravel Walk, Ashford, Dealer, born 18 Aug 1895, baptised 29 Sep 1895.

        Ref: 3

        ROSSITER, Thomas, age 30, Hawker, in a tent at Thomas Road, Sittingbourne, Kent, with family.

         (0977 19 32 film 1341232)

        Ref: 7

        ROSSITER, Thomas, head, married, age 55, Licensed Victuallar and Dairyman, born Piccadilly, London.

        ROSSITER, Charlotte, wife, married, Milk Dairy, born Chelsea, Middlesex.

        ROSSITER, Emma C., daughter, single, age 21, Barmaid (Inn), born Ashford, Kent.

        ROSSITER,

      • esellek2000
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 20, 2002
          I have ordered another certificate for my files so here is the
          information on it for sharing!

          Marriage at the Parish Church in the Parish of Sittingbourne, Kent
          June 29 1885
          between
          John Rossiter, full age, widower, gentleman, residence Teynham,
          father William Rossiter occ Labourer Dec'd

          Ursuala Gaines, full age, widow, -, residence Sittingbourne, father
          Robert Spalding, deceased.

          Witnesses: Edward Rossiter & Mary Ann Harwood

          Sarah
        • Sarah Keerie
          Message 4 of 5 , May 3, 2002
            Hi all

            In the 1891 census (Faversham) there is the following

            7 Vicarage Street
            William Rossiter, head, married, 28, general labourer, Milton
            Minnie, wife, 25, born Faversham
            Sydney, son, 2, born Preston-Faversham
            Harold, son, 3 months, born Faversham

            Anyone know who William belongs to?  I am guessing he is the son of Olive Matilda (1843-1892) & Charles Ivory (c1842-1921) I don't know anything about Minnie!

            William was at Butlers Lane, Teyham in 1871 age 7
            1881, Ham Cottage, Preston, Faversham, age 17

            TIA
            Sarah