MOUNT ECCLESIA, THE BEAUTY SPOT OF THE EARTH by Manly P. Hall

  • hercullesrj
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2009
      MOUNT ECCLESIA, THE BEAUTY SPOT OF THE EARTH
      BY MANLY PALMER HALL

      The following was written by Manly P. Hall on his stay at the
      Rosicrucian Fellowship [summer of 1922] and apperead in the Rays From
      the Rose Cross - 1922. He also wrote articles for the Rays from the
      Rose Cross, and was a personal friend of Mrs. Heindel up until the
      time of her death.

      "As we stand in the beautiful grounds of our modern mystery school,
      we cannot but think of the ancient Initiates who watching from their
      pyramids counted and named those wonderful signs which are the keys
      to mortal life. Gazing at the wondrous Zigurat they raised their arms
      to God, feeling how small and helpless they were among these wonders
      of the universe. So, thousands of years later we stand beside our
      Temple, and raise our eyes to the same God, and thank Him for the
      greater understanding that we have, and ask only power to help
      humanity that they may also know the great truths that drift across
      the midnight sky.

      We turn one last look at the Temple; it stand imposing, this Mystery
      Tabernacle of the new age, and from its dome none beautiful stars
      shed their light, a beacon that can be seen for miles around, a
      symbol of the spiritual light that goes out giving hope and love to
      the entire world .

      Why does this spot seem so beautiful? There are many other places
      where the stars may be seen and studied, and thousands of people see
      the same glorious sunsets, and enjoy the same wonderful climate. But
      there is something on Mt. Ecclesia that is not be found in any other
      part of the world. There is something here that is restful and
      different; it seems almost like holy ground . It is because of the
      love that is sent here by thousands of members and the lives of self-
      forgetting service that the workers are living day by day, that makes
      this the beauty spot of the earth."

      -Manly P. Hall, Rays from the Rose Cross, 1922