My Little Tribute To Our Beloved Max Heindel

  • hercullesrj
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2005
      My Little Tribute To Our Beloved Max Heindel

      by Corinne Heline

      Dear friends, my heart is singing today for being able to be with
      you on this occasion and give my little tribute to our beloved Max
      Heindel. I would like to tell you about the first day that I met
      this remarkable man, and in order to do this I shall have to touch
      briefly upon my own personal life.

      I trust you will pardon me for this. Perhaps you already know from
      my voice that I was born and reared in the deep South. I was an only
      child, and my early years were filled with adoration for my lovely
      mother. She was always my beautiful fairy princess. However, she was
      very frail, and my childhood days were filled with the fear that
      some day I would have to give her up. So I made up my mind in those
      early days that if she was taken from me, I would take my own life
      and go with her.

      You see, I knew nothing in those days of Rebirth and the Law of
      Causation. I was born looking for light, for answers to questions I
      could not formulate. I did not really know just what I was searching
      for. Consequently I had no idea where to find it. And as you all
      know the South is deeply orthodox and conservative. But one thing I
      did know, and that was that somewhere there must be a more adequate
      answer to problems of life and death than orthodoxy gave, and I was
      determined to find that answer.

      In the meantime my mother grew ever more delicate, and I was
      persistently filled with a fear of losing her. A few months before
      her final illness, a dear friend called me on the phone and said she
      had found a wonderful new book that she was sure was exactly what I
      was looking for. That very afternoon I went to her home, and you may
      surmise that the book was the Cosmo.

      When I saw the picture of the Rose Cross and read that by our own
      personal lives we were to learn how to transmute the red roses into
      the white, I knew that at last I had found my own. That night,
      before I went to sleep, my order was in the mailbox on its way to
      Oceanside for that priceless book. I counted the days until it
      arrived, and just about the time it did come the doctor said that my
      mother had to undergo a very serious operation.

      So I lived every day with this book. I slept with it under my
      pillow, for in some strange way it seemed to hold the only solace
      for me that the entire world could give. After my mother's operation
      the doctor said there was no hope, that she had only a few months to
      live. I still held to my blessed book. Then suddenly one day a
      strange new thought came to me. Should I take my life and go with my
      mother as I had always planned, or should I go to Oceanside and give
      my life to the work of Max Heindel?

      The question held the answer. My mind was made up, and ten days
      after my mother left me, I was on the train, the Cosmo under my arm,
      on the way to California and Max Heindel. He seemed to me to be the
      only succor for my grief that the world could give. Oh, I wish I
      could describe him fittingly to you that first day I saw him here at
      Mt. Ecclesia!

      He came to meet me with both hands outstretched, and his sweet face
      was illumined with tenderness, sympathy, and compassion. Now,
      understand, I had had no personal contact with him. I knew him only
      through his book, and you may imagine something of my surprise and
      amazement when he took my hands in his and said so tenderly, "My
      child, I have been with you often both day and night during this
      terrible ordeal through which you have just passed. I knew that when
      it was over you would come to me. Now you belong always to my work!"

      That, dear friends, was a momentous day in my life. That was the day
      I dedicated myself completely to the spiritual life and to the
      Rosicrucian Philosophy. For five wonderful years I was privileged to
      know this wise man and to study and be trained under his guidance
      and supervision. I've always considered those five years as being
      the most beautiful and the most spiritually fruitful of my entire
      life.

      I wish I were able to describe this wonderful man to you in the way
      that I came to know him. When I think of his many admirable
      characteristics, perhaps the quality I loved most deeply about him
      was his exquisitely beautiful humility. While he was always eager to
      be of help and serve wherever possible, he was always firm in
      keeping the personality of Max Heindel in the background.

      As I often studied his complete dedication to the simple life, I
      thought many times of the words of our dear Lord, the Christ: "Of
      myself I am nothing. It is the Father who doeth the works." I think,
      dear friends, that Max Heindel demonstrated the most perfect
      blending of the mystical and the practical that I have ever known.
      He was so simple and so humble. The most menial, the most simple
      services he performed so graciously and so gladly. He would go down
      to the barn and milk the cow if necessary, for you know in those
      days we had both a barn and a cow here at Mt. Ecclesia.

      He would hive the bees, for we had bees too. He would climb the
      telephone poles and mend a broken wire; he would plant trees in the
      grounds, dig and hoe in the garden, and gather vegetables; he would
      do all the simple things with the same earnestness and enthusiasm
      with which he would go to the office, classroom or lecture hall,
      there to give forth so freely of his great wisdom, or perhaps to
      meet with the Teacher who guided him in this great work.

      On Saturday evenings it was generally his custom to hold a question
      and answer session in the library. There was a long table that
      extended the entire length of the room, and the students would
      gather about that table with Mr. Heindel standing at the head to
      answer the questions. Each student was permitted to ask one
      question, and it had to be in writing. Then Mr. Heindel would
      collect the questions and answer them one by one. In noticing him
      carefully, I found that he always seemed to know intuitively to whom
      each question belonged, and hence he always addressed that
      individual from whom the question had come. In the many times that I
      attended these memorable sessions, he never once made a mistake in
      the identity of the questioner. He was always so careful and
      painstaking, and would never leave a question until he was sure that
      the individual who asked it had been completely satisfied with the
      answer.

      It was during these wonderfully enlightening sessions that I gained
      my first understanding of the important place that color and music
      will occupy in preparing the world for the incoming New Age.

      Mr. Heindel would announce that an hour was to be devoted in these
      sessions of questions and answers. However, more often than not that
      hour extended into two or two and one-half or even three hours. They
      were such stimulating periods that time seemed to fly by on wings of
      enchantment.

      Dear friends, I wish I were able to tell you what Mt. Ecclesia
      meant to Mr. Heindel as I knew him. How he loved this place! He knew
      the high destiny that was in store for the work it was founded to
      do. In his day there was a bench underneath the illumined Rose Cross
      that stands in the grounds.

      There it was his custom each evening before retiring to sit for some
      minutes or perhaps an hour in prayer and meditation, broadcasting
      love and blessing in benediction over this holy ground and on all
      those who were living here and serving the work so faithfully. I
      wish I might describe to you the illumination on his dear face as he
      would look with such deep reverence and devotion at that illumined
      Rose Cross which meant so much to him.

      He never tired of telling us of the wonderful things in store for
      Mt. Ecclesia. He would talk often of the Panacea, the formula for
      which the Brothers of the Rose Cross are custodians, and which
      worthy disciples will some day be permitted to use in the healing
      and solace of multitudes who will come from all over the world to
      this sacred shrine. He would tell us of his dream of a beautiful
      Grecian theatre envisioned to be built in the canyon below the
      Chapel and in which performances would be given of plays with a
      spiritual message and occult truths such as the great dramas of
      Shakespeare and other inspired classics.

      He also saw the time when Mt. Ecclesia would have its own splendid
      orchestra composed of permanent students, and that it would also
      perform in the theatre works of master composers, particularly those
      of Beethoven and Wagner whom he knew to be high musical Initiates.
      He said also that some time there would be classes in initiatory
      music taught here.

      Mr. Heindel liked to talk of the Elder Brothers and how they, in
      their study of the Memory of Nature, had been able to look down
      through the ages and see the condition that the world is in today.
      It was for this reason, as you know, that they gave the Rosicrucian
      Philosophy to the world when they did. Dear friends, the soul of the
      world today is sick, is filled with sorrow, filled with searching
      and questions.

      There is no answer in the world for these questions. What the world
      is truly seeking is a more spiritualized science and a more
      scientific religion. The Rosicrucian Philosophy holds the answer to
      both of these quests.

      This Philosophy is but a continuation of the great work which our
      Lord, the Christ, brought to Earth and gave to the immortal Twelve.
      It contains the priceless gift which the Christ brought, namely, the
      Christ Initiations which hold the very heart of the religion of the
      incoming Aquarian Age. Mr. Heindel well understood this.

      He well knew the great destiny that awaits this work. Therefore he
      never let disappointment or difficulties deter him. He always kept
      his eyes fixed on the stars. Dear friends, ours is a very special
      privilege to be the custodians here of this Great Work, and of this
      dedicated place which was set aside by the Great Ones as a
      particular training ground for those who can pass the severe tests
      that will make them worthy to be numbered among the pioneers of the
      incoming New Age.

      So my dear friends, let us follow in the footsteps of Max Heindel.
      Let us be so united in peace, harmony and love that we may do our
      part in carrying out the mission to which our beloved leader devoted
      and eventually sacrificed his very life. So let us together lift our
      eyes to the stars as he did. Let us face this world with new light
      and new power and new hope, because it is only in this way that we
      shall be faithful to our quest and see the glorious destiny of this
      Great Work fulfilled. It is truly the religion that will be the very
      heart and very keystone of the new Aquarian Age. May God bless you,
      each and every one, as you go forward in your quest for the Light
      Eternal.

      Corinne Heline

      Editor's note:

      Reprinted from the October 1965 issue of Rays from the Rose Cross in
      memory of Max Heindel's transition, January 6, 1919.

      ROSE CROSS
      A Rosicrucian Online Magazine
      http://maxheindel.tripod.com

      Meu Tributo a Max Heindel
      por Corinne Heline

      Max Heindel (1865-1919)

      Queridos amigos, meu coração está muito feliz por poder estar aqui
      com vocês nesta ocasião e prestar minha pequena homenagem a nosso
      amado Max Heindel. Gostaria de contar-lhes sobre o dia em que
      conheci este homem extraordinário e, para fazer isso, terei que
      falar rapidamente sobre a minha vida pessoal. Espero que me perdoem
      por isso.
      Talvez vocês saibam, pela minha maneira de falar, que nasci e fui
      criada no Sul. Eu era filha única e os meus primeiros anos foram
      cheios de dedicação por minha adorada mãe. Ela foi sempre para mim
      como uma linda fada. No entanto, ela era frágil e os dias de minha
      infância eram envoltos em medo de que algum dia eu poderia perdê-la.
      Assim, decidi, naquela época que se ela morresse eu iria com ela.
      Como podem ver, eu não sabia nada sobre o Renascimento e a Lei de
      Consequência. Nasci procurando a Luz e respostas para perguntas que
      nem sequer sabia formular. Não compreendia exatamente o que estava
      buscando. Conseqüentemente, não tinha idéia onde achá-las. E, como
      todos sabem, o Sul é profundamente ortodoxo e conservador, mas uma
      coisa eu sabia: que em algum lugar devia haver uma resposta mais
      adequada para os problemas da vida e da morte do que a ortodoxia
      dava e estava determinada a encontrá-la.
      Enquanto isso, minha mãe ficava cada vez mais fraca e eu estava
      sempre cheia de medo de perdê-la. Alguns meses antes de sua doença
      fatal, uma amiga me telefonou e disse ter encontrado um livro novo
      que ela estava certa de que era exatamente o que eu estava
      procurando. Naquela mesma tarde eu fui à sua casa e vocês podem
      adivinhar que o livro era o "Conceito Rosacruz do Cosmo".
      Quando vi a Cruz de Rosas e li que nós tinhamos que transmutar as
      rosas vermelhas em uma rosa branca, eu soube que finalmente tinha
      encontrado o que queria. Naquela noite, antes de dormir, meu pedido
      já estava no correio a caminho de Oceanside. Contei os dias até o
      inestimável livro chegar e, assim que ele chegou, o médico disse que
      minha mãe tinha que se submeter a uma operação muito séria. Então,
      este livro passou a ser meu companheiro inseparável. Dormia com ele
      debaixo do travesseiro, pois, embora pareça estranho, ele era o
      único consolo que o mundo poderia me dar. Depois da operação, o
      médico disse que não havia esperança e que ela só teria alguns meses
      de vida.
      Eu continuava apegada ao meu abençoado livro. Então, de repente,
      tive um pensamento novo e estranho. Será que eu devia me matar e ir
      com minha mãe como tinha planejado ou deveria ir para Oceanside e
      dedicar minha vida ao trabalho de Max Heindel? A segunda parte da
      pergunta era a resposta. Estava decidida e, dez dias depois que
      minha mãe me deixou, eu estava em um trem, o Conceito debaixo do
      braço, a caminho da Califórnia para encontrar Max Heindel. Ele
      parecia ser o único bálsamo para minha dor que o mundo poderia me
      dar.
      Oh! Quem dera que eu pudesse descrevê-lo realmente no primeiro dia
      em que o vi aqui em Mt.Ecclesia! Ele veio encontrar-se comigo com as
      mãos estendidas e sua face iluminada pela ternura, simpatia e
      compaixão. E, notem bem, eu não tinha tido nenhum contato pessoal
      com ele. Conhecia-o só através de seu livro e vocês podem imaginar
      minha enorme surpresa quando ele segurou minhas mãos nas suas e
      disse carinhosamente: "Minha filha, eu estive com você dia e noite
      durante a provação pela qual você acabou de passar. Eu sabia que
      quando terminasse, você viria. Agora você pertence ao meu trabalho".
      Aquele, queridos amigos, foi um dia muito significativo em minha
      vida. Foi o dia em que me dediquei completamente à vida espiritual e
      à Filosofia Rosacruz. Por cinco anos maravilhosos tive o privilégio
      de conhecer aquele homem sábio, de estudar e ser treinada sob sua
      direção e supervisão. Sempre considerei aqueles cinco anos como
      sendo os mais bonitos e mais espiritualmente frutíferos de toda a
      minha vida. Queria ser capaz de descrever aquele homem maravilhoso
      como o conheci. Quando penso em suas admiráveis características,
      talvez a qualidade que mais profundamente apreciei foi sua
      extraordinária humildade. Enquanto ele estava ávido em ajudar onde
      quer que fosse possível, estava sempre firme mantendo no seu
      interior a personalidade de Max Heindel. Enquanto eu estudava sua
      completa dedicação à vida simples, muitas vezes pensava nas palavras
      de nosso Senhor Cristo: "Eu não sou nada. É o Pai que tudo faz".
      Eu penso, queridos amigos, que Max Heindel demonstrou a mais
      perfeita combinação do ser místico e prático que já conheci. Ele era
      simples e humilde. Os serviços domésticos mais simples ele fazia com
      a maior dignidade e satisfação. Ele descia ao curral e ordenhava a
      vaca se necessário fosse, pois como sabem, naquele tempo nós tivemos
      um curral e uma vaquinha aqui em Mt. Ecclesia. Ele tirava mel das
      abelhas, pois nós tivemos abelhas também. Ele subia nos postes
      telefônicos e consertava um fio partido; ele plantava árvores,
      cavava o jardim e colhia vegetais; ele fazia as coisas mais simples
      com a mesma dedicação e entusiasmo com que ia ao escritório,à sala
      de aula ou de conferência para expandir sua grande sabedoria ou
      talvez encontrar o Mestre que o guiou neste grande trabalho.
      Nas noites de sábado, era costume manter uma sessão de perguntas e
      respostas na biblioteca. Havia uma mesa que se estendia por todo o
      comprimento da sala e os estudantes se reuniam em volta com o Sr.
      Heindel, de pé, para responder as perguntas. Cada estudante podia
      fazer uma pergunta e tinha de ser por escrito. Então, o Sr. Heindel
      recolhia as perguntas e respondia uma a uma. Observando-o
      cuidadosamente, eu descobri que ele, intuitivamente, sabia a quem
      cada pergunta pertencia e sempre se dirigia àquele de quem a
      pergunta tinha vindo. Nas muitas vezes que assisti a essas
      memoráveis sessões, ele nunca se enganou em identificar a pessoa que
      tinha feito a pergunta. Era sempre cuidadoso e meticuloso e nunca
      deixava uma pergunta sem ter certeza de que aquele que perguntara
      estivesse completamente satisfeito com a resposta.
      Foi numa destas maravilhosas reuniões esclarecedoras que eu adquiri
      meu primeiro entendimento do importante lugar que a cor e a música
      iriam ocupar na preparação do mundo para a próxima Nova Era. Max
      Heindel anunciava que dedicaria uma hora para perguntas e respostas
      nestas reuniões. Entretanto, constantemente, essa hora era estendida
      para duas ou duas e meia e até três horas. Eram momentos tão
      estimulantes que o tempo parecia voar nas asas do encantamento.
      Queridos amigos, quisera ser capaz de dizer-lhes tudo o que Mt.
      Ecclesia significava para Max Heindel quando o conheci. Como ele
      amava este lugar! Ele sabia o grandioso destino que estava guardado
      para o trabalho que ele fundamentou. Naquela época, havia um banco
      colocado perto da Cruz de Rosas iluminada que ficava no jardim. Ali
      ele se sentava cada noite, por alguns minutos ou talvez uma hora
      antes de se recolher, orando ou meditando, irradiando amor e bençãos
      sobre esta terra sagrada e sobre todos aqueles que viviam aqui
      servindo à Obra fielmente.
      Quisera descrever para vocês como seu semblante amigo se iluminava
      quando ele, com profunda reverência e devoção, olhava a iluminada
      Cruz de Rosas que tanto significava para ele. Nunca se cansava de
      nos falar das coisas maravilhosas guardadas em Mt. Ecclesia. Ele
      falava constantemente da Panacéia, a fórmula da qual os Irmãos
      Maiores da Rosa Cruz são guardiães e cujos discípulos capacitados
      terão a permissão de usar na cura e consolo de multidões que
      chegarão de todas as partes do mundo para esta capela sagrada.
      Ele nos falava de seu sonho de um belo teatro grego que seria, em
      sua visão construído no canyon abaixo da Capela e no qual seriam
      apresentadas peças com mensagens espirituais e verdades ocultas tais
      como os grandes dramas de Shakespeare e outros clássicos inspirados.
      Ele também via um tempo em que Mt. Ecclesia teria sua esplêndida
      orquestra composta de estudantes regulares e que apresentaria no
      teatro obras dos grandes mestres compositores, particularmente
      Beethoven e Wagner, os quais reconhecia como elevados Iniciados na
      música. Ele também dizia que haveria aulas de introdução musical.
      Max Heindel gostava de falar dos Irmãos Maiores e de como eles, em
      seus estudos sobre a Memória da Natureza, tinham sido capazes de
      observar através das eras e ver as condições do mundo de hoje. Foi
      por esta razão que eles deram a Filosofia Rosacruz ao mundo.

      Queridos amigos, a alma do mundo de hoje está doente, cheia de
      sofrimento, busca e questionamento. Não há resposta para estas
      perguntas. O que o mundo está verdadeiramente procurando é uma
      ciência mais espiritualizada e uma religião mais científica. A
      Filosofia Rosacruz tem a resposta para estas duas questões. A
      Filosofia é a continuação do trabalho que nosso Mestre, Cristo,
      trouxe para a Terra e deu para os Doze Imortais. Ela contém o
      inestimável presente que Cristo nos trouxe, isto é, as Iniciações
      Cristãs que contêm o verdadeiro sentido da religião da Era de
      Aquário que se aproxima. Max Heindel entendeu tudo isto muito bem.
      Ele sabia do grande destino que está reservado para a sua obra.
      Desta forma, nunca permitiu que o desapontamento ou as dificuldades
      o detivessem. Ele sempre manteve seus olhos fixos nas estrelas.
      Queridos amigos, é um grande privilégio sermos guardiães deste
      grande trabalho e deste consagrado lugar, que foi escolhido pelos
      Grandes Seres como um local de treinamento para aqueles que puderem
      passar pelos testes rigorosos que os tornarão capazes de ser
      incluídos entre os pioneiros da Nova Era que se aproxima.
      Assim, meus amigos, sigamos todos os passos de Max Heindel. Unamo-
      nos em paz, harmonia e amor para que possamos fazer nossa parte no
      desempenho da missão para a qual nosso amado líder se dedicou e
      sacrificou durante toda sua vida. Fixemos nossos olhos na direção
      das estrelas como ele fez. Vamos encarar este mundo com uma nova
      luz, um novo poder e uma nova esperança, porque só assim seremos
      fiéis à nossa busca e veremos o glorioso destino deste grande
      trabalho ser alcançado. É verdadeiramente a religião que será o
      coração e a pedra angular da nova Idade de Aquário. Que Deus abençoe
      cada um e todos no caminho da busca da Eterna Luz.

      Editor's note:

      Este artigo, publicado na revista "Rays from the Rose Cross", em
      Jul/Ago. 1997, é baseado na palestra realizada em Mt. Ecclesia em 23
      de julho de 1965, na comemoração do centenário do nascimento de Max
      Heindel. A oradora, Corinne Heline, competente aluna de Max Heindel
      e prolífica escritora de assuntos místicos e ocultistas. Sua obra
      mais conhecida é "New Age Bible Interpretation", uma coleção de sete
      volumes da qual o sétimo é "The Mystery of the Christos".