The Christ in the Islamic Mysticism

  • najibriachy
    Message 1 of 129 , Nov 3, 2001
      "There is the question of the mystic�s conception
      of Christ. Do we not know that one person is better
      than another, and is it not true that God is in man?
      If that is true, the mystic says, what objection is
      there if one person calls Christ God, and if the other
      believes Christ to be man? If God is in man, then ifChrist
      is called God, what does it matter? And ifChrist is
      called man, it only raises man, whom God hascreated, to
      that stature. Both have their reasons, and both are
      right; yet they oppose each other. <br> <br>Some object
      to Christ being called divine; but if<br>divinity is
      not sought in man, then in what shall we seek God?
      Can divinity be found in the tree, in the plant, in
      the stone? Yes indeed, God is in all; but at the same
      time, it is in man that divinity is awakened,that God
      is awakened, that God can be seen. The tolerance of
      the mystic is different. The people of a certain
      nation, race or religion may say, "In Jesus Christ, we
      see the Lord." Under that name, they recognize their
      ideal. People of other countries haveseen their divine
      ideal in Buddha. For their consolation and in support
      of their ideal, they can all find in history the
      name of someone who has onceexisted. The Muslim says
      that Mohammad is the object of his worship, the Hindu
      says Krishna. As long as<br>they have not realized the
      spirit of their ideal, then they will dispute, quarrel,
      and fight. They will say, "My teacher is great,"
      "Mine is greater still." But they do not see that it is
      one and the same spirit, manifesting in greater
      excellence. We exalt the teacher to the extent that we have
      understood him, but we do not exalt him enough if we call
      him by a certain name and thus limit him to a certain
      part of the world. However, when we see the unlimited
      we can call<br>him by all names and say, "You are
      Krishna, you are Christ, and you are Buddha," just as the
      loving mother can call her child, "my prince." She can
      give the most beautiful names to her child. Once four
      little girls were disputing. One<br>said, "My mother is
      better than yours." The second girl said, "My mother is
      better than your mother." So, they were arguing and
      being quite disagreeable to one another.<br><br>But
      someone who was passing by said to them, "It is not your
      mother or their mother, it is THE mother who is always
      the best. It is the mother quality, her love and
      affection for her children." This is the point of view of
      the mystic in regard to the divine ideal. <br>
      love<br>principle. He says, "The greater your love, the<br>greater
      your moral. If we are forced to be virtuous according
      to a certain principle, a certain regulation,
      certain laws or rules, then that is not real virtue. It
      must come from the depths of our heart; our own heart
      must teach us the true moral."<br>
    • preston_sinclair
      Message 129 of 129 , Feb 26, 2002
        is there any life here in this room, it's pretty dead....SHINE YOUR LIGHT.