Re: New here...

  • Aurelia.Dawn
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 30 7:53 PM
      Hi David,

      Welcome to the Rosacea Support Group! Sorry you need such a group, but glad to be here for you, all the same. ;)

      We do have members in their 20s, including Britons. However, younger members often prefer forum-style groups rather than the email format used here, so you might also like to take a look at our additional group, the Rosacea Support Forum, which is just getting started:

      http://rosacea-support.org/forum/

      or the Rosacea Group's Forum, which is not connected with us, but also has some excellent people:

      http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/

      Ours is mostly a very friendly community, and you will see that many of the same people belong to several groups. :)

      Rosacea is hard to cope with, and a lack of confidence is an added burden. Even so, it is really important to maintain friendships. True friends will do their best to understand and be supportive of you.

      Have you considered seeing a counsellor, to help you cope with the stress you're under, and help rebuild your confidence? Apart from counsellors, there are some wonderful courses, books and tapes out there, and one of them might help you to be happier about yourself and your future prospects while the medications are kicking in to help heal your skin.

      Please be reassured that we have many members who were in despair with terrible symptoms, and now have their rosacea under control and are getting their lives back on track. Here's hoping you will also soon be able to say the same. :)

      Kind regards,

      Aurelia
    • sarah arnold
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2007
        I'm not 24 anymore but when i was I had rosacea.

        I understand what you mean about the socalising side
        of things. Its hard to be up for going out when all
        you want to do is avoid flushing. The only real
        advice I can give is to try to live your life as best
        as you can and not let rosacea steal you youth.

        I have found that a combination of beta blockers, a
        good diet, antihistamines and laser have given much
        relief over the years. It is probably better to focus
        on specific areas/treatments rather than worry about
        the overall condition.

        I can recomend Dr Chu at Hammersmith Hospital if you
        want to see an experienced consultant derm.

        Finally in all the years I've had it none of my
        friends have really every noticed or commented on it.
        If you are worried aboout meeting ladies then fear
        not, they tend to be so worried about what they look
        like themselves they wont have time to notice your
        slight imperfections.

        Best wishes

        Sarah

        now.
        http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/
      • kari_rocks19
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 5, 2007
          Hi David!

          I am 20 years old and on here, just in case you are looking for someone to write to if you
          wanna share some of your experiences with a fellow young-sufferer! Hope all is going well
          for you, feel free to write if you have ne questions!

          -Kari
        • Paula D
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 25, 2012
            I am getting a red sunburn type facial rash on my cheeks and chin. I don't know what has caused it and think it may be rosacea.

            Im 62 and wondering if the furnace/heat can cause this? I have a call into my rheumy but no call back yet.

            I notice it in the winter months and hardly ever in the summertime..can furnace heat (I have a floor vent right next to my side of the bed) cause rosacea (flare)? I haven't been diagnosed withn anything yet.

            It's red/pink, smooth, non itchy..I do notice broken blood vessels in a few areas.

            Thanks all..just wondering if this is caused by the furnace heat and if anyone has experienced it? rheumy prescribe medrol pack for it and I take my last pill tonight. its gotten better but I can still see it.

            Paula in Ohio