Re: [rosacea] Finacea - sent from Heaven!!

  • Hillary Berry
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 31, 2007
      Hi! Good question - I forgot to mention that. For
      about the first 5 or 6 weeks my face was extremely dry
      and it did sting and tingle for 15-20 minutes after I
      applied it. Both reactions slowly went away over that
      5-6 week period. I have no problems with dryness or
      stinging anymore. I had even forgotten about the
      stinging! It was all worth it!

      --- Pete Pete <nbapoker@...> wrote:

      > Good to hear another success story, but I have a
      > question. When I tried Finacea, my face
      > stung/tingled for about a half hour after I put it
      > on. My dermatologist said that I shouldn't sting and
      > have discomfort for that long so she discontinued it
      > and put me on Noritate. I was wondering if you have
      > stinging or any discomfort after putting on the
      > Finacea, and for how long (if you do)?
      > Thanks

      > removed]

      Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
    • traceyl1019
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 31, 2007
        I use finacea as well and yes it does sting for a little, but use it
        sparingly. Some night itches and stings more then others. But it is
        string so maybe it is too string for you. I have success with it as
        well..

        --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, Aimee <wwwdotchat@...> wrote:

        > I use it very sparingly. You might be using too much? I have not
        experienced any stinging/tingling. I also don't know anything about
        Noritate. Try using less of Finacea.
        > Good luck
        > Aimee
        >
        > Pete Pete <nbapoker@...> wrote:
        > Good to hear another success story, but I have a question. When
        I tried Finacea, my face stung/tingled for about a half hour after I
        put it on. My dermatologist said that I shouldn't sting and have
        discomfort for that long so she discontinued it and put me on
        Noritate. I was wondering if you have stinging or any discomfort
        after putting on the Finacea, and for how long (if you do)?
        > Thanks

        > --
        > Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
        > New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-
        research.org/wiki

      • Jon P
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 1, 2007
          I use Financea anytime I get a "bump" - and the bump is gone within 2-
          3 days. I used it long-term for a while but didn't see any marked
          improvement in redness.

          It does sting a little when applied. I put it on about a 1/2 hour
          before bed so the stinging subsides before I want to go to sleep.

          It's actually an acid that burns away extra skin cells that
          apparently contribute to bumps. So it's understandable that a little
          stinging would occur. I believe it's normal.

          Glad to hear it's working for you!

          Jon

          --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "Hillabeans7"
          <hillabeans7@...> wrote:

          > I have had rosacea for about 6 years now. When it first showed up
          > would just get very red-cheeked in the cold and occasionally get
          small
          > red patches on any given day. The symptoms were minimal to none
          since
          > then -- until I got pregnant in fall of 2005. Towards the end of
          the
          > pregnancy my cheeks were flaming red with tons of little bumps --
          and
          > it worsened after having my baby. It got to the point where I
          thought
          > about it 24/7. I've tried Prosacea, Zenmed, Metrogel all while
          washing
          > with either Ivory soap or Glyderm cleanser. I've changed my diet,
          > changed make-up, etc, etc and nothing was working. Two months ago
          > finally learned about Finacea and it has been a dream come true!!!
          > wash with the Glyderm cleanser and use the Finacea once a day and
          no
          > one would know I have rosacea now. I am so happy and have my
          > confidence back now! I really believe everyone is different as far
          as
          > what causes flare-ups and what can tame it, but Finacea is
          definitely
          > worth trying! I searched and searched for a remedy but somehow
          didn't
          > find Finacea. My dermatologist recommended it and said it was
          fairly
          > new. Anyhow, I just want to spread the word that there's hope!

        • isthisallthereis1313
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
            Hi to all of you using finacea,

            I just wanted to know where you get it from. I have never seen it
            before in the chemist. Does anyone know if they sell it in Australia?
            Do you need a prescription for it? Its exciting to here that some of
            you are having success with it. I am always willing to give anything a
            try.

            thanks
            kristen
          • Aimee
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
              Hi,
              I thought it originally came from Australia? I read that somewhere . Here in Canada... we need a prescription and I get mine from a compounding pharmacy. It's also called alzelaic acid. You might know it by that name???

              good luck to you if you decide to try it.. It sure has been a pleasant surprise to me, especially just being a topical!
              regards,
              Aimee

              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
                You need to get a prescription from your derm. It is not otc.

                --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "isthisallthereis1313"
                <isthisallthereis1313@...> wrote:

                > Hi to all of you using finacea,
                >
                > I just wanted to know where you get it from. I have never seen it
                > before in the chemist. Does anyone know if they sell it in
                Australia?
                > Do you need a prescription for it? Its exciting to here that some of
                > you are having success with it. I am always willing to give anything
                > try.
                >
                > thanks
                > kristen

              • Hillary Berry
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 6, 2007
                  My dermatologist prescribed it and I got it at the
                  pharmacy at Target. You do need a rx for it.

                  --- isthisallthereis1313
                  <isthisallthereis1313@...> wrote:

                  > Hi to all of you using finacea,
                  >
                  > I just wanted to know where you get it from. I have
                  > never seen it
                  > before in the chemist. Does anyone know if they sell
                  > it in Australia?
                  > Do you need a prescription for it? Its exciting to
                  > here that some of
                  > you are having success with it. I am always willing
                  > to give anything a
                  > try.
                  >
                  > thanks
                  > kristen

                  that gives answers, not web links.
                • brad tharp
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 6, 2007
                    does finacea work for redness or just pustules? thanks brad

                    Hillary Berry <hillabeans7@...> wrote: My dermatologist prescribed it and I got it at the

                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 7, 2007
                      Hi Brad,

                      For me it worked for both. I had tons of tiny bumps,
                      some bigger bumps, and (bright!) redness all the time.
                      Both were reduced within days of using finacea and
                      now there is no trace. The stuff is great and it's so
                      hard to believe that I finally found something that
                      worked, that I keep thinking someone's going to take
                      it away from me!! I wish it worked so great for
                      everyone.

                      Hillary

                      --- brad tharp <buzzbait40@...> wrote:

                      > does finacea work for redness or just pustules?
                      > thanks brad
                      >
                      > Hillary Berry <hillabeans7@...> wrote:
                      > My dermatologist prescribed it and I got it at the
                      > pharmacy at Target. You do need a rx for it.
                      >
                      > --- isthisallthereis1313
                      > <isthisallthereis1313@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > Hi to all of you using finacea,
                      > >
                      > > I just wanted to know where you get it from. I
                      > have
                      > > never seen it
                      > > before in the chemist. Does anyone know if they
                      > sell
                      > > it in Australia?
                      > > Do you need a prescription for it? Its exciting to
                      > > here that some of
                      > > you are having success with it. I am always
                      > willing
                      > > to give anything a
                      > > try.
                      > >
                      > > thanks
                      > > kristen

                      > that gives answers, not web links.

                      > removed]

                    • brad tharp
                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 8, 2007
                        thanks for the info Hillary,im gonna give it a try

                        Hillary Berry <hillabeans7@...> wrote: Hi Brad,

                        For me it worked for both. I had tons of tiny bumps,
                        some bigger bumps, and (bright!) redness all the time.
                        Both were reduced within days of using finacea and
                        now there is no trace. The stuff is great and it's so
                        hard to believe that I finally found something that
                        worked, that I keep thinking someone's going to take
                        it away from me!! I wish it worked so great for
                        everyone.

                        Hillary

                        --- brad tharp <buzzbait40@...> wrote:

                        > does finacea work for redness or just pustules?
                        > thanks brad
                        >
                        > Hillary Berry <hillabeans7@...> wrote:
                        > My dermatologist prescribed it and I got it at the
                        > pharmacy at Target. You do need a rx for it.
                        >
                        > --- isthisallthereis1313
                        > <isthisallthereis1313@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > Hi to all of you using finacea,
                        > >
                        > > I just wanted to know where you get it from. I
                        > have
                        > > never seen it
                        > > before in the chemist. Does anyone know if they
                        > sell
                        > > it in Australia?
                        > > Do you need a prescription for it? Its exciting to
                        > > here that some of
                        > > you are having success with it. I am always
                        > willing
                        > > to give anything a
                        > > try.
                        > >
                        > > thanks
                        > > kristen

                        > that gives answers, not web links.

                        > removed]

                      • Heather
                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 14, 2007
                          I got mine over the counter last year in Brisbane - it's a "pharmacy
                          medicine", so no warnings, no labels, no script required. Discount
                          pharmacies sell it for around $26.

                          I don't personally like it. I was told it was only useful for P&Ps,
                          and doesn't do anything for redness. I didn't wait to see, since it
                          made my face sting, and increased my redness!

                          --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "traceyl1019"