Re: [rosacea] Re: red face/sometimes/purple blob with white zits/psoriasis

  • Sunny Ganley
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2007
      Hi I'm Sunny.
      I alway's look sunburned too.There has to be a conection to an inflamatory disease. I have a degenitive bone disease And I'm pretty much alway's inflamed. When I get upset my face gets these spots that look like rug burn. if I so much touch my face it scrapes the skin and I bleed. drives me nuts, not to mention white pimples that dont go away until I pop them, My Doctor put me on Metronidazole and it makes my face feel tight. But the red never goes away. I was on line the other day asking about make-up to cover some of the red.One of the ladies said to use Phyisicians Fornular - green to tone down the red
      If you find out anything new let me know

      KATHERINE G <katherineguzman@...> wrote:
      I always look sunburnt too, right now on one cheek I have this huge purple blob with white zits in it

      I teach ESL to adults for a living and they try not to look right at it I know but they end up looking at it

      The blob with white zits moves around a lot but never goes away

      Im on metro gel it just isnt working anymore

      ps I also have psoriasis how fun

      My face is pretty bad today and Im feeling pretty bad

      SOmetimes I dont want to leave my house

      Sometimes I want to cry

      Sometimes I feel I could strangle the next person who says wow it sure must be hot/cold out as u are sooo red

      As I get that 10 times a day

      Thanks tho for listening:)

      chatwithkatherine

      nostringss <nostringss@...> wrote:
      Hi everyone.
      I was at a very large meeting yesterday (60 people) and ran into
      some people I haven't seen for awhile.

      One lady who is very sweet asked if I had just gotten back from
      vacation. I said no, why? She said, well your face looks sunburnt.
      I always look sunburnt!!! She should have seen me in January when
      I had huge sores all over my face! At least the metrogel got rid of
      those. I told her that I had rosacea which she didn't know what
      that was. I told her she should look it up.

      I guess my question is, does anyone actually ever get rid of the red?
      My face is pretty evenly red all over, not splotchy and it doesn't
      really bother me.
      It's when I break out in these huge, sore bumps is when I get upset.

      There was a special on tv here on our local channel on Tuesday that
      talked about rosacea. I didn't learn a whole lot, but was pleased
      that it was being spoken about and people being educated on it.

      The derm mentioned about the possibility of it being more of a
      flamatory disease (theorizing). If that is the case, it explains a
      few things for me.

      I have chronic inflamation in the tendons in my hands.
      My hands are always HOT and very rarely do they ever perspire.
      I have had this condition for about 20 years now, so if I am prone
      to that maybe there could be something to the theory of rosacea
      being a flamatory disease.

      Stacey

    • Tressie Hass
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2007
        Hi!!!....I use Bare Escentuals powder mineral makeup
        with no problems...I have only redness (deep red
        almost burgundy) with broken capillaries and my skin
        is smooth as a babies behind!!...I have pics posted if
        you want to see me before and after I put on my
        makeup...I deliver mail for a living and am outside in
        the sun for at least 5 hours a day...I think that is
        some of my problem and I love my caffiene laden
        coffee!!...so I just brush on the powder makeup and
        off I go!!...I prefer the powder to liquids because I
        did not like to rub or tug at my skin to get the
        liquid on or off...Bare Escentuals is a sunscreen
        too...so that helps!!...you can get Bare Escentuals on
        eBay for a pretty good price and the brush to apply it
        also!!...hope this helps!!...have a great
        day!!...Tressie:)

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2007
          Hi hun! Well that sounds good thanks for the advice..

          katherien
          http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/chatwithkatherine/

          http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail