Re: [rosacea] coconut oil kills mites (demodex)

  • kemx@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2006
      tamara,
      i have often wondered if all oils smother the little buggers......when you use coconut oil, is it just the white,semisolid organic stuff sold for cooking ? or is there a cosmetic one?
      thanks,emily
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2006
        emily, woohoo bonus, there are so many different products out there, my god. Its too bad coconut milk wouldnt do the trick, so cheap at the grocery store lol. tamara

        kemx@... wrote: i've been drinking coconut water from vitacoco, and zico for a few weeks now.......i think it helps with my energy and happiness.hahaha....it's a good thing.
        emily
        > I have seen some interesting data on the coconut oil that so many of
        > you talk about. I also know the coconut oil is a very contraversal
        > subject whether internally taking it is good or bad for cholesterol.
        > Anyway taking externally on the face cant hurt unlesss of course you
        > react to it or it does not agree with you. I am still taking the z
        > cream and acarid soap, and discovered that there was a post on the
        > deomodex site about "coconut oil" helping speed up the process to kill
        > the mites, so I googles coconut mites ....and apparently it also kills
        > mites too, to what degree dont know??? Anyway, I do know some people
        > love the coconut oil because it softens the skin, helps with yeast
        > systemic problems, helps rosacea skin and so on, but I did not know it
        > can help with the abundance of mites with those who have a compromised
        > immune system. Just another advantage of using the coconut oil
        > externally. I dont have enough knowledge to evaluate internal coconut
        > oil, and I have not used it yet personally myself. Just worth noting I
        > think. bye 4 now tamara

        I eat about 300ml of coconut cream per week and often add a teaspoon in
        my sugarless cocoa powder drinks. The medium length saturated fat
        molecules in coconut are not believed to contribute creation of
        cholesterol in the body. On the contrary, if you scan the web you find
        studies showing coconut actually help reduce cholesterol due to certain
        other ingredients, which I forget what they are.

        I guess the oil could be obtained by first freezing then thawing some
        coconut cream to break the emulsification, followed by a gently heat and
        skim off the floating oil. I'm sure there are much easier ways.

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2006
          adam very interesting.

          Adam Seychell <a_seychell@...> wrote: tamara wrote:
          > I have seen some interesting data on the coconut oil that so many of
          > you talk about. I also know the coconut oil is a very contraversal
          > subject whether internally taking it is good or bad for cholesterol.
          > Anyway taking externally on the face cant hurt unlesss of course you
          > react to it or it does not agree with you. I am still taking the z
          > cream and acarid soap, and discovered that there was a post on the
          > deomodex site about "coconut oil" helping speed up the process to kill
          > the mites, so I googles coconut mites ....and apparently it also kills
          > mites too, to what degree dont know??? Anyway, I do know some people
          > love the coconut oil because it softens the skin, helps with yeast
          > systemic problems, helps rosacea skin and so on, but I did not know it
          > can help with the abundance of mites with those who have a compromised
          > immune system. Just another advantage of using the coconut oil
          > externally. I dont have enough knowledge to evaluate internal coconut
          > oil, and I have not used it yet personally myself. Just worth noting I
          > think. bye 4 now tamara

          I eat about 300ml of coconut cream per week and often add a teaspoon in
          my sugarless cocoa powder drinks. The medium length saturated fat
          molecules in coconut are not believed to contribute creation of
          cholesterol in the body. On the contrary, if you scan the web you find
          studies showing coconut actually help reduce cholesterol due to certain
          other ingredients, which I forget what they are.

          I guess the oil could be obtained by first freezing then thawing some
          coconut cream to break the emulsification, followed by a gently heat and
          skim off the floating oil. I'm sure there are much easier ways.

        • Elena Mutter
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 1, 2006
            What is coconut cream? It sounds absolutely delicious! I'd sure try it! I have seen coconut oil and coconut milk and shredded coconut, but no coconut cream. Where do I find it?

            Thanks,
            elena

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 2, 2006
              tamara,
              the coconut milk is too fattening......the water is only about 60cals for 11oz, + about 30mg. sodium....i only drink coffee, water and coconut water, so the coconut water is a welcome addition..
              emily