Re: [rosacea] about milk thistle extract

  • Ricky Butler
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 30, 2006
      wow! Tamara, that IS great for your mom and you.
      I have to try that, where do you order from?

      send me the link to where you buy yours, I just bought
      my Klaton, $124.00 :( and double :(
      it does help, but id like something from inside

      PLEASE let me know where you get yours, I EAGERLY
      await your reply.

      Ricky

      --- rose jill <roseflowerbloom@...> wrote:

      > wow, I forgot something very interesting to let you
      > guys know the reason for chosing milk thistle. My
      > mother also has rosacea, never used anything for
      > treatment, she just lived with it, and to tell you
      > honestly it does not look bad on her ( she is not a
      > bad case) anyway about 6 months ago my mom had her
      > cholesterol checked and it was very high. High
      > enough the dr. put her on crestor to bring down her
      > cholesterol. O.K listen to this..... My mom came by
      > a few weeks ago and she looked radiant her rosacea
      > was gone no joke, my fiance said did she get her
      > face done or something. Anyway ive seen my mom more
      > and more and she still looks rosacea free, I asked
      > her about what she did, she said the crestor made
      > her better inside and out. Because it removes the
      > toxins from the liver... and brought down her
      > cholesterol, and my mom looks fantastic!! ...So it
      > got me thinking we are irish, my mom and i carry the
      > same genes, and this is why i sought out MILK
      > THISTLE to get rid of the toxins
      > from my liver through the blood stream and see if
      > this can help me as well. As i mentioned its been 2
      > days now and i am excited to say my skin is looking
      > better.Can it be as simple as this afterall that is
      > causing my rosacea flares??? I hope so. I know we
      > are all different with different cases, but I am
      > really anxious to see how things sort out with this.
      > Tamara

      > removed]
      >

      > --
      > Please read the list highlights and FAQ:
      > http://rosacea.ii.net
      > New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages:
      > http://rosacea-research.org/wiki

    • bihbi cat
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 30, 2006
        I've taken very high therapautic doses of highest
        quality Milk Thistle (Silymarin) for a couple of years
        now, ever since my rosasea kicked in proper, not for
        the rosacea but for the Hep C. I can honestly say that
        for me personally, though it may help along with the
        many other strategies I use I've never seen a radical
        direct corrolation to how my rosacea behaves. In fact
        I stopped the Milk Thistle recently when I started
        this intense drug therapy for Hep C because I had
        heard that it can interfere with the breaking down of
        certain drugs and these drugs I'm taking are hard core
        and I don't want my body to have any trouble
        processing them. Anyway, the short of it is that even
        though these drugs themselves are said to worsen
        rosacea I generally haven't seen a decline, except
        that my eyes are dryer and need a stronger eyedrop due
        to the dehydration from the drugs. But my skin has
        behaved pretty well despite the drugs and the lack of
        Milk Thistle. I certainly don't think Milk Thistle can
        hurt one's skin and may very likely help but in my
        experience it alone hasn't made a big difference. The
        biggest difference I have seen continues to be from
        making certain dietry changes, being less anxious and
        stressed, and from Genesis laser tx and the daily use
        of the all-red LED lamp. I still take supplements for
        general health and for rosacea but alone they just
        don't do it for me and I am doubtful of the whole
        suggested toxins in liver rosacea link largely because
        I've heard that studies have proven that many people
        with perfectly healthy livers get rosacea and also
        because I had Hep C for 20 years before rosacea ever
        kicked in and it did so I believe more in association
        with stress and hormonal changes. Glad to hear you're
        getting results though.

        Cheers, B

        --- rose jill <roseflowerbloom@...> wrote:

        > wow, I forgot something very interesting to let you
        > guys know the reason for chosing milk thistle. My
        > mother also has rosacea, never used anything for
        > treatment, she just lived with it, and to tell you
        > honestly it does not look bad on her ( she is not a
        > bad case) anyway about 6 months ago my mom had her
        > cholesterol checked and it was very high. High
        > enough the dr. put her on crestor to bring down her
        > cholesterol. O.K listen to this..... My mom came by
        > a few weeks ago and she looked radiant her rosacea
        > was gone no joke, my fiance said did she get her
        > face done or something. Anyway ive seen my mom more
        > and more and she still looks rosacea free, I asked
        > her about what she did, she said the crestor made
        > her better inside and out. Because it removes the
        > toxins from the liver... and brought down her
        > cholesterol, and my mom looks fantastic!! ...So it
        > got me thinking we are irish, my mom and i carry the
        > same genes, and this is why i sought out MILK
        > THISTLE to get rid of the toxins
        > from my liver through the blood stream and see if
        > this can help me as well. As i mentioned its been 2
        > days now and i am excited to say my skin is looking
        > better.Can it be as simple as this afterall that is
        > causing my rosacea flares??? I hope so. I know we
        > are all different with different cases, but I am
        > really anxious to see how things sort out with this.
        > Tamara

        > removed]
        >

        > --
        > Please read the list highlights and FAQ:
        > http://rosacea.ii.net
        > New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages:
        > http://rosacea-research.org/wiki

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Jenny Nairn
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 30, 2006
          rose_jill (Tamara) wrote:
[...]
          -----
          Hi Tamara

          Well, of course I can't speak for everyone but since I have been 'detoxing' my body with the diet I am on, my face has really improved. The diet also aims to boost the immune system, which in turn is going to 'fix up' my internal organs. I know that's not very scientific! LOL The way the diet works is to heal your body naturally. So yes, I do believe there may well be a connection.

          Jen

        • Aimee

            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 30, 2006
              --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, rose jill
              <roseflowerbloom@...> wrote:

              > wow, I forgot something very interesting to let you guys know the
              reason for chosing milk thistle. My mother also has rosacea, never
              used anything for treatment, she just lived with it, and to tell you
              honestly it does not look bad on her ( she is not a bad case) anyway
              about 6 months ago my mom had her cholesterol checked and it was very
              high. High enough the dr. put her on crestor to bring down her
              cholesterol. O.K listen to this..... My mom came by a few weeks ago
              and she looked radiant her rosacea was gone no joke, my fiance said
              did she get her face done or something. Anyway ive seen my mom more
              and more and she still looks rosacea free, I asked her about what she
              did, she said the crestor made her better inside and out. Because it
              removes the toxins from the liver... and brought down her cholesterol,
              and my mom looks fantastic!! ...So it got me thinking we are irish, my
              mom and i carry the same genes, and this is why i sought out MILK
              THISTLE to get rid of the toxins
              > from my liver through the blood stream and see if this can help me
              as well. As i mentioned its been 2 days now and i am excited to say my
              skin is looking better.Can it be as simple as this afterall that is
              causing my rosacea flares??? I hope so. I know we are all different
              with different cases, but I am really anxious to see how things sort
              out with this. Tamara

              The liver is not like a "sieve" that collects toxins--you don't "wash
              it out" that way. It processes toxins and breaks them down into
              excreteable forms.

              Milk Thistle is great as it has anti-angiogeneic properties. But,
              it's also hepatoprotective--it has a protective effect on the liver's
              cells that do that breaking-down of "toxins".

              At least, this is how I understand it. "Liver flushing" is a misnomer
              as your liver is not a bag of condensed "bad chemicals". The liver
              renews itself quite regularly, Milk Thistle apparently helps the cells
              that are working to filter things out to stay on longer and not die off.

              Any doctors/nurses here? Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

              Thanks.

              David
            • rose jill

                Message 7 of 19 , Jul 1, 2006
                  Thanks for your input bihbicat. You see, for me I know we are all different, and I will soon tell if its greatly effective or not. I do know from proof of my mom that ever since she has taken crestor for her cholesterol, she has rosacea remisssion, which gives me reason to see if this works. we will see over time. I do not have any health problems, although I use to have endometriosis (debilitating). tamara

                  bihbi cat <bihbicat@...> wrote: I've taken very high therapautic doses of highest

                  Message 8 of 19 , Jul 1, 2006
                    Hi Ricky, just remember though we all have different genes. I bought it at a health store, a few days ago. Its only my 3rd day using it now and im finding my skin is improved. Only time will tell. It is milk thistle extract liquid form cretified organic. it says naturally nova scotia on the bottle.50ml. its a blue bottle ricky. I have been taking it 3 times daily. onece in the morning, at noon, and before I go to bed. around 18 drops into half if even that of fitered water. I am extremely excited right now. I am doing some gardening today in the backyard. love to see if I get a rosacea flare or not. Again ricky, you may want to give me a week at least to make sure its working, I believe it is but to be sure. You know what I mean. the milk thistle cost me 12.00 canadian. O.K bye 4 now tamara

                    Ricky Butler <classics_guy@...> wrote: wow! Tamara, that IS great for your mom and you.

                    Message 9 of 19 , Jul 1, 2006
                      rose_jill (Tamara) wrote:
                      Well jen this morning when I woke up I take my milk thistle extract liquid form and I take it 3 times daily 17 drops into my half cup water. My skin is still looking good, I will continue and see what happens. VERY EXCITED!!
                      -----
                      Hey Tamara! I'm really excited for you too! Whoo hoo! I truly hope it continues to help and please do keep us posted on your progress.

                      Luv Jen x

                    • Elena Mutter
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jul 1, 2006
                        Hi Tamara, gee, I agree with Ricky, this all sounds amazing. Please do keep us all posted. I wonder if anyone else in the group that may be on Crestor to lower their cholesterol can comment on what they have noticed in their Rosacea. Anyway, this Milk Thislte sounds like a good thing. Any down side to it at all? Aside from the usual "we are all different, etc..." stuff? Thanks again for posting this; I will have to investigate it.

                        Take care,
                        Elena

                        rose jill <roseflowerbloom@...> wrote:
                        Hi Ricky, just remember though we all have different genes. I bought it at a health store, a few days ago. Its only my 3rd day using it now and im finding my skin is improved. Only time will tell. It is milk thistle extract liquid form cretified organic. it says naturally nova scotia on the bottle.50ml. its a blue bottle ricky. I have been taking it 3 times daily. onece in the morning, at noon, and before I go to bed. around 18 drops into half if even that of fitered water. I am extremely excited right now. I am doing some gardening today in the backyard. love to see if I get a rosacea flare or not. Again ricky, you may want to give me a week at least to make sure its working, I believe it is but to be sure. You know what I mean. the milk thistle cost me 12.00 canadian. O.K bye 4 now tamara

                        > removed]
                        >

                        > --
                        > Please read the list highlights and FAQ:
                        > http://rosacea.ii.net
                        > New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages:
                        > http://rosacea-research.org/wiki

                      • Brian Shaffner
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jul 1, 2006
                          Great information. I wouldn't be too surprised... the liver is -so-
                          important to the body's overall health, and we live in such a toxic world
                          with so many different assaults on our physiologies through food, beverages,
                          air ad nauseum. (literally)

                          Anyway, you've sold me to give it a go too. I cannot find any ill side
                          effects related to MT in normal dosages. So, as usual... everybody
                          report!! :)
                          --B

                          Message 12 of 19 , Jul 1, 2006
                            Brian, I was out gardening today and drinking alcohol and I was fine YES !!! very excited. mind you the alcohol made me fall asleep soon after. drank only 1 corona. Anyway brian I also thought about something else that purely makes sense of it all for me. I am a laboratory technician, and left my field of work within a year now due to a latex allergy, amoung other toxins in the lab that made me feel chronically ill. Anyway to make a long story short, Im starting to believe that I am finally detoxifying my system of all the chemicals I worked with (blood components, urine, swabs etc...) Its all making more and more sense to me. My skin was also much worse when I was a lab.tech as it is now.Really makes me wonder what the environment can do to us. I also use to have severe endometriosis which there is no known of where it comes from, however again, it is a toxic form of where it may start when they conducted studies and learned that PCBs in food etc... we are killing
                            ourselves with so many pollutants and chemicals in our food that cause cancer and so on... I am feeling really good with this milk thistle extract and I will keep you all posted everyday.tamara

                            Brian Shaffner <brianshaffner@...> wrote: Great information. I wouldn't be too surprised... the liver is -so-

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jul 1, 2006
                                    I must say that one thing I don't get in all this is
                                    what Tamara's mother's experience with Crestor, a drug
                                    for cholesterol, has to do with Milk Thistle and the
                                    liver. Of course the liver is related to cholesterol,
                                    as it's related to almost all bodily functions, but I
                                    don't really see the connection myself between
                                    someone's experience with that drug, which is about
                                    lowering cholesterol and not 'flushing out the liver',
                                    which as David rightly points out is a somewhat
                                    probelmatic concept itself, and what we might expect
                                    Milk Thistle to do. Of course if poeple are getting
                                    great results for their rosacea using Milk Thistle it
                                    doesn't matter what the theory is, the results are
                                    really all that matters. Still, I don't get this link
                                    and would be interested to hear it explained.

                                    Cheers, B

                                  • Aurelia
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Jul 1, 2006
                                      Bihbi cat queried the possible connection between an anti-cholesterol drug,
                                      the liver, and rosacea:

                                      David C wrote:

                                      "The liver is not like a "sieve" that collects toxins--you don't "wash it
                                      out" that way. It processes toxins and breaks them down into excreteable
                                      forms. ... "Liver flushing" is a misnomer as your liver is not a bag of
                                      condensed "bad chemicals". The liver renews itself quite regularly, Milk
                                      Thistle apparently helps the cells that are working to filter things out to
                                      stay on longer and not die off. Any doctors/nurses here? Please correct me
                                      if I'm wrong on this."

                                      Hi group,

                                      The main problem here may be, as David says, the old idea that the liver
                                      needs to be flushed out. There was one bloke used to claim that almost every
                                      disease or unpleasant condition it was possible to imagine resulted from
                                      hundreds or even thousands of gallstones clogging up the liver. If people
                                      would use his special liver cleansing procedures, they could "live in the
                                      confidence that disease is kept in bay for the rest of their lives". It
                                      would eradicate all "serious illnesses as cancer, chronic heart failure,
                                      diabetes and arthritis, not to speak of the less complicated ones."

                                      Well, hooey. Everybody dies of something eventually, and NO one treatment
                                      can guarantee that you will NEVER get any of those ailments. That kind of
                                      over-hype is why traditional medical practitioners tend to be massively
                                      suspicious of any talk about liver cleansing. That, and the fact that the
                                      liver doesn't work that way.

                                      It's rather like the colon-cleansing enthusiasts who still insist that
                                      unless forcibly flushed out by colonics, the colon walls will be thickly
                                      impacted with faecal matter dating back years, so we're all being poisoned
                                      by our own bodily wastes. Even doctors used to believe that, right up until
                                      surgeons began operating on bowels. Then they found that, with the exception
                                      of diverticulitis, where there may be small pockets of trapped matter, the
                                      colon is normally pink, smooth and clear of waste because the bowel is, like
                                      the liver, normally a self-cleansing system.

                                      Kind regards,

                                      Aurelia
                                    • kemx@sbcglobal.net
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Jul 2, 2006