Re: Marijuana is the best treatment I have tried

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 30, 2005
      Hey,

      I would go with the klonopin at .5mg(just try one dose) shortly
      before the party starts. Remember not to drink any alcohol with it(or
      very little) or you'll feel like passing out shortly after. I have to
      say that the one time I tried Klonopin, I felt that I was on Cloud 9.
      You feel sooo good and you have so much self confidenece in yourself.
      My guess is that this is why it is so very addicting. I have been
      tempted to try marijuana(so easy to get here at college), but I
      really don't want to start a habit. So, try the Klonopin. Good stuff!!

      Cheers,
      Ray

      --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "abc" <flyguy18086@y...>

    • mermaidcardone
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2005
        Hey guys and gals,

        Ok alot of talk about Marijuana and Klonopin. I think we need to get
        back on track as far as real, viable, attainable solutions to
        rosacea go. These options are bandaids and they are dangerous ones
        at that as far as treating rosacea long term.

        Having said that, I understand completely why this topic is being
        discussed.

        Klonopin is NOT used to treat rosacea, it is used to allow one some
        freedom from rosacea triggers and flushing/burning sensations on
        special occassions. This helps not only emotionally but physically
        as well. Part of Klonopin's superiority lies in the fact that it has
        an extremely long half life, so for rosaceans this is a superior
        option to other drugs available which claim to do a similar thing.

        Please, don't misunderstand me, I'm all for this, as I have lost way
        too much of my life to rosacea but it worries me that because of the
        highly addictive nature of both Klonopin and Marijuana (many claim
        it isn't addictive but trust me I've seen first hand, many of my
        friends who have had their minds and bodies taken over by Marijuana
        use), that this could indeed be some people's downfall.

        Especially with severe rosacea, the desperation to reclaim your
        normal life is so overwhelming that most people would give anything
        to be able to do the things they were once able to do.

        The people I fear for are those that don't have the willpower to use
        these drugs wisely.

        Just for the record also, for all the people that have had a
        positive experience with these drugs there are an equal amount who
        have had adverse effects. I know because I correspond with them. So
        once again one size does not fit all.

        Particularly with any addictive drug, in this case Klonopin and
        Marijuana, Dr Nase has also specifically emphasised that 'With non-
        rosaceans, it is not that big a deal, but for rosacea sufferers, if
        you find your body needing more and more, that is because the
        negative feedback loop that controls the hypothalamus is now taking
        charge. In many cases, your flushing, burning and rosacea syptoms
        WILL get worse if you get addicted or try to stop all of a sudden,
        because of the strong rebound hypothalamic response which has been
        inhibited for so long'.

        We all desperately want some sort of quality of life back and
        personally I would advocate the use of Klonopin over Marijuana,
        particularly as Marijuana is illegal in many countries, but if you
        find yourself starting to use it more and more often, then this is
        dangerous.

        Please do not take more than 8 Klonopin tablets a month. For those
        that do not react to it, it does compensate just a little for all
        the suffering we have to endure due to rosacea. At least on the
        weekends people can feel like they have some sort of life to look
        forward too and in that regard, I think we deserve it.

        Just be careful everyone and weigh up carefully whether this is an
        option for you.

        Mermaid

        --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "Ray" <snwbdrloco84@h...>

      • testarossapersempre
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2005
          I really doubt smoking Marijuana should be good for your rosacea.
          Tobacco and cannabis constrict the blood vessels - but they should
          weaken blood vessels structurally too.

          --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "azrael2573"
          <azrael2573@y...> wrote:

> [...]
          > with tobacco which can induce a flush but when i smoke it straight
          > what can I say but that my Rosacea improves. There is no denying
          it.
          > Unfortunately you have to keep taking it and as soon as you stop
          you
          > will regress like I am now. I ran out last week and haven't pursued
          > more for now pending further investigation; I'm weighing up the
          pros
          > and cons, doing some research on marijuana and potential side
          > effects, and trying to make a decision as to whether to continue
          > using it. I'd rather have a legal medicinal version of it and not
          > have to smoke or eat it for the desired effect.
          >
          > Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
          >
          > Once again. I do not recommend the use of Marijuana to any person
          > for any reason. Use of this drug is both illegal and addictive.

        • Logan
          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2005
            > We all desperately want some sort of quality of life

            > back and personally I would advocate the use of
            > Klonopin over Marijuana, particularly as Marijuana
            > is illegal in many countries, but if you find
            > yourself starting to use it more and more often,
            > then this is dangerous.

            A lot of fantastic research and drug development has
            been done on the marijuana cannabinoids during the
            past 20 years. It would be interesting to know if the
            drug Marinol has the same C2 receptor immunomodulating
            effects as smoking marijuana.

            Logan

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          • geraldstubbe
            Message 5 of 9 , May 4, 2005
              --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "testarossapersempre"
              <testarossapersempre@y...> wrote:
> [...]
              > > what can I say but that my Rosacea improves. There is no denying
              > it.
              > > Unfortunately you have to keep taking it and as soon as you stop
              > you
              > > will regress like I am now. I ran out last week and haven't
              pursued
              > > more for now pending further investigation; I'm weighing up the
              > pros
              > > and cons, doing some research on marijuana and potential side
              > > effects, and trying to make a decision as to whether to continue
              > > using it. I'd rather have a legal medicinal version of it and
              not
              > > have to smoke or eat it for the desired effect.
              > >
              > > Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

              > > Once again. I do not recommend the use of Marijuana to any
              person
              > > for any reason. Use of this drug is both illegal and addictive.

              This sounds like it would be a low risk study which I might try, I
              smoked the stuff maybe twenty years ago and for myself it was non
              addictive. Try quitting cigarrates.
              Ive recently read the discovery of the huge antiinflammatory
              effects of T.H.C in the human body. Now if I could only find that
              article, and my local dealer.

              G.Stubbe