DMSO + fluconazole?!

  • larshug2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 1:55 AM
      I've been reading something about DMSO + fluconazole.

      Has any of you tried it?
    • mermaidcardone
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1 3:57 AM
        Hey there,

        If I sit very very quietly and still, I can feel the combined,
        shudder of horror from everyone on this forum regarding DMSO.

        Please please, read Dr Nase's abstracts below and then have a
        hypnotherapist erase those 4 letters from your memory bank.

        I do not mean to sound flippant and I truly apologise if this is how
        it has come across, it's just that this is a serious issue and I
        just want to protect and educate you.

        For those who are perhaps new and unfamiliar with supposed 'cures'
        mentioned on other websites (remember, as yet there are no cures for
        rosacea), it is important to protect these fellow rosaceans from
        making a terrible mistake.

        Keep asking questions and read some previous posts so you can get
        onto a good rosacea treatment regime for you. We are all here to
        guide and help you wherever we can.

        Good luck,

        Mermaid

        Hello Group,

        Things have quieted down with Dave Flemmings cure all DMSO after I
        posted some up to date warnings about skin and eye contact. I
        personally have nothing against him whatsoever -- but, he is once
        again giving out some of the most dangerous advice I have seen in
        quite some time. He is preying on desperate rosacea sufferers who
        would literally try anything.

        I am reposting because he just posted information that is quite
        baffling:

        1. He is now recommending using eye drops with DMSO
        2. He is now claiming that it is a cure all, especially now for
        cancer.

        I hope that everyone can see through his posts. DMSO should never
        be used on the face or eyes. Period. In my lab, we are required to
        use safety goggles and double strength medical gloves whenever
        handling DMSO.

        There are hundreds of warnings out there on Pubmed and the
        Internet. One comes from a leading manufacturer of DMSO.
        http://www.esf.edu/chemistry/research/dmsomsds.htm

        Please be very careful. Dave has now clearly overstepped the
        boundries of "meaning well" and has advanced to "no pain, no gain".
        Flesh peeling off your face, bloody welts, blurred vision and
        corneal melting are not what I call "no pain, no gain".

        Regards,

        Geoffrey
        ______________________________

        Dr. Geoffrey Nase
        Ph.D. Neurovascular Physiologist
        http://www.drnase.com
        ______________________________

        I have been silent on this subject for far too long because I did
        not want to start any heated debates with Dave Flemming. But, I
        guess I should comment on this subject because of the true potential
        harm of this topical.

        1. First, I use pharmaceutical grade DMSO in my laboratory to
        disolve medicine and use it to aid the penetration of the medicine
        through human skin. DMSO literally tears apart the epidermis
        (intercellular and intraculluar gaps) as well as semipermanently
        thins the epidermal lining. This is why you can actually taste the
        medication in the mouth within minutes of applying it to your
        forearm.

        2. DMSO at levels lower than used under Daves guidance should never
        be placed on the nose, above the eyes or under the eyes because of
        medically documented corneal abrasions, visual disturbances, and
        tear film alterations from the substance.

        3. Rosacea is not a fungal disorder. Any benefits that one is
        getting is probably from the DMSO eating through the papules/pustule
        or keratin in pores. This will indeed dry up the papules and
        pustules and clear the pores. But, so will hydrogen peroxide and
        hydrochloric acid.

        4. I appreciate that it has helped his facial condition, but the
        aggression in which he protests against anyone rejecting this
        treatment or not following his 'man made' guidelines is just not
        nice.

        5. The chance of DMSO in causing long term angry face syndrome,
        neural burning syndromes or epidermal dysfunction far outweighs its
        potential benefits.

        6. I would never consider placing any concentration of DMSO on my
        face. I hope that those people that are deperate enough reconsider
        testing this topical because it just is not good science or
        medicine. First do no harm.

        Geoffrey

        Dr. Geoffrey Nase
        Ph.D. Microvascular Physiologist
        www.drnase.com

        --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "larshug2000"
        <johndifool@s...> wrote:

        > I've been reading something about DMSO + fluconazole.
        >
        > Has any of you tried it?
      • Pam Tobey
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1 1:54 PM
          The DMSO is a very dangerous delivery system that is known to cause corneal
          thinning. The medicines for antifungals (which is what the flucanazole is I'm pretty
          sure) are MUCH easier to take internally via pills, like Ivermectin. Dr Nase has
          written extensively on this list about the dangers and has also written about using
          Ivermectin. Do an archive search to find the posts. It really isn't worth the risk of
          blindness or impaired eyesight!

          As for the collective shudder, I certainly felt my stomach turn over when I saw your
          header on the message!

          Pam in DC