[rosacea] Re: Face the Day Lotion Ingredients

  • blzucker@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 1999
      I've used this lotion on several occassions, never going more than
      about 4-5 days before quiting. On a couple separate occassions I used
      the Face the Day Lotion and was absolutely amazed at the results. I
      walked into work on a Monday, usually a tough day for me since I like
      to spend weekend days outdoors when possible (I'd rather live an active
      young life and deal with some redness than never leave the house).
      Normally I hear "Looks like you were out in the sun" or something to
      that effect from my colleages. However, after using the lotion my face
      it actually felt comfortable, it wasn't red, and I was ecstatic.

      Unfortunately, the reason I've stopped using this lotion for the 3-4
      separate occasions I've tried it is because I begin to get some serious
      flaking and my skin ends up feeling like it's dryer with the lotion on
      (a weird thing to say about a facial moisturizer). That leads to my
      putting additional Face the Day lotion on my face, causing that thick,
      heavy feel that always causes a flare up. Right now I'm back to
      regular old Aloe Vera (the clear kind without any green coloring or
      other ingredients). This seems to work better but obviously can't be
      an option when I'm going to be outside for any length of time. The
      only cleanser I'm confident using is Cetaphil... my skin is too dry for
      anything else I've tried recently.

      <10ff2fef.24d547b-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/rosacea-support/?start=67
      73

    • ruizdelvizo@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 1999
        Jane, This ingredient isn't an all-out rosacea baddie like alcohol. Of
        all the chemical sunscreens, it is supposed to be the mildest. It
        doesn't bother some rosaceans at all. I, on the other hand, get a bad
        reaction from it. Neutrogena Sunblock for Sensitive Skin spf17 has it
        (at least when I used it a few years ago) and so does Prescriptives
        oil-free foundation with spf 15.

        Matija