Metrogel results -- does it take 3 months???

  • alabastergarden
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2004
      Hello,

      I have been using metrogel 2 times a day for 7 weeks. (This is the
      first thing I have used having just been diagnosed as having rocasea
      by my GP.)

      At first, I did notice improvements (less radness and fewer
      breakouts) but now, in ways, it seems the same as before and perhaps
      worse. I am finding that my skin is hot (in a burning feeling way),
      tight and dry (but still getting those "pimples"), and feels "scaly"
      and like I need to use an exfoliate. Although the redness seems
      lessened, this tight/burning/scaly thing is new. I am told to be
      patient... that it can take up to 3 months to see results from
      metrogel.

      Anybody have knowledge on this vis a vis their experiences? I would
      appreciate hearing from you.

      Also: I have used cetaphil as my facial cleanser for more than a year
      now and still use it. Could this be a problem? I do not have
      disposable income so cost is a major consideration.

      Thank-you very much.

      Jane
    • dininsky
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2004
        I am a new member of this group and have a pretty mild case of
        rosacea. This may sound like a commercial but it's not.

        I've found that my facial products have a big impact on my rosacea -
        just makes sense. I only seem to have a flare up (and they aren't
        bad) a couple of times a year. This is since I switched skin care
        products- previously I had more trouble even with the Metrogel.
        I've been using Origins (available at major dept stores and through
        the web) face products and makeup and find that the products do not
        aggravate me.

        For cleansing, I use something call "Checks and Balances". It may
        seem expensive but you don't need much so a tube lasts me 6 months.
        I don't remember the name of the exfoliant, but it is also Origins,
        comes in a tube and is light green. Again, a tube lasts a long
        time.

        --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "alabastergarden"
        <janecmd@h...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I have been using metrogel 2 times a day for 7 weeks. (This is
        the
        > first thing I have used having just been diagnosed as having
        rocasea
        > by my GP.)
        >
        > At first, I did notice improvements (less radness and fewer
        > breakouts) but now, in ways, it seems the same as before and
        perhaps
        > worse. I am finding that my skin is hot (in a burning feeling
        way),
        > tight and dry (but still getting those "pimples"), and
        feels "scaly"
        > and like I need to use an exfoliate. Although the redness seems
        > lessened, this tight/burning/scaly thing is new. I am told to be
        > patient... that it can take up to 3 months to see results from
        > metrogel.
        >
        > Anybody have knowledge on this vis a vis their experiences? I
        would
        > appreciate hearing from you.
        >
        > Also: I have used cetaphil as my facial cleanser for more than a
        year
        > now and still use it. Could this be a problem? I do not have
        > disposable income so cost is a major consideration.
        >
        > Thank-you very much.
        >
        > Jane
      • Ken
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2004
          The cetaphil gentle cleansing bar for dry/sensitve skin seems to be
          ok for most people. If you are using the cetaphil liquid cleanser
          though that may be irritating your face.