What works for me..

  • jason_wolver
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2004
      Hi all,

      I am an Asian chinese with very fair complexion. Rosacea is
      extremely rare for my race and in my country Singapore. I basically
      have to self-treat myself. My condition was quite serious two months
      ago when everybody commented who slapped my face.. Was terrible but
      told myself to do massive amount of research on various treatment
      that is available in my country..Just to share with all what works
      for me..

      1) IPL treatment with Lumenis Vasculight Laser. Just had my second
      treamtent and the redness is about 30-40% gone. Episode of flushing
      reduce significantly. After my course of 5 IPL treatment, I intend
      to go for Pulse Dye Laser which will treat those deeper areas.

      2) Doxycline 100 mg. Took one twice a day, in the morning and after
      work. Helps with my mild acne breakout especially after IPL
      treatment when your skin is super sensitive. Other than that I take
      Vit C, grape Seed extract, evening primose and Flaxseed oil. Just
      one tablet each after food.

      3) Linda Sy ZincO sunscreen and Vita Oil. Order them from the
      internet.The instructions says to use librally..but I found it to be
      too drying for my skin. I just use one drop of Vita Oil for my
      cheeks area and smooth a tiny bit of the ZincO on top during day
      time..Works great. At nite I just use ONE drop of Vita Oil..For
      cleansing I use Cetapil Gentle Cleanser, which the laser centre use
      too.

      4) I believe the face tells you a lot about your body. Have been
      reading about chinese medicine for rosacea on the internet. Most
      reports claim it is caused by Lung Heat and Large intestine dry.
      Have yet to try anything but will visit the chinese doctor this
      evening and see what he has to say or prescibed. May even want to
      acupuncture ..Will update you guys..

      I think the most important thing is to be patient and explores what
      works for you. Good luck to all..

      Jason