Diroseal

  • Dana Ott
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2004
      Greetings all;

      I did order and try the Diroseal for about 10 days - first as a very small
      patch and then widespread on my cheeks and chin - I can't say for sure, but
      I'm fairly certain that it caused breakouts for me since they started about
      3-4 days into use and have calmed down since I stopped using it. On the
      upside, I did not have any stinging or other irritation from this product.
      My rosacea profile is oily skin with flushing limited to exertion and
      excessive sun, and bouts of breakouts and hives that seem to be related to
      products I put on my face. I'm guessing for those of you not prone to
      breakouts this would be ok. In such a short time of use as mine, I didn't
      see any changes in redness or visible capillaries, but I didn't expect to
      either. Oh well!

      Dana

      >Message: 22
      > Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 06:05:31 -0700 (PDT)
      > From: Rosy Monkey <rosymonkey@...>
      >Subject: Diroseal Treatment Cream
      >
      >Hi-
      >
      >I know many of you are trying Avene's Diroseal Treatment Cream. I am very
      >interested in hearing your reviews. I would like to order it but want to
      >hear your comments first.
      >
      >Thanks!

    • elton_fan_patty
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 8, 2004
        I didn't like it, either. I used it on a small area over about two
        weeks and the area became a little irritated and red. i'm definately
        sensitive to mineral oil and i bet there was enough mineral oil in
        this product to outweigh any positive effects the main ingredient
        might have.

        Patty

        --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "Dana Ott" <thendara@h...>
        wrote:
        > Greetings all;
        >
        > I did order and try the Diroseal for about 10 days - first as a
        very small
        > patch and then widespread on my cheeks and chin - I can't say for
        sure, but
        > I'm fairly certain that it caused breakouts for me since they
        started about
        > 3-4 days into use and have calmed down since I stopped using it.
        On the
        > upside, I did not have any stinging or other irritation from this
        product.
        > My rosacea profile is oily skin with flushing limited to exertion
        and
        > excessive sun, and bouts of breakouts and hives that seem to be
        related to
        > products I put on my face. I'm guessing for those of you not prone
        > breakouts this would be ok. In such a short time of use as mine, I
        didn't
        > see any changes in redness or visible capillaries, but I didn't
        expect to
        > either. Oh well!
        >
        > Dana

        ____

        ____

        > >Message: 22
        > > Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 06:05:31 -0700 (PDT)
        > > From: Rosy Monkey <rosymonkey@y...>
        > >Subject: Diroseal Treatment Cream
        > >
        > >Hi-
        > >
        > >I know many of you are trying Avene's Diroseal Treatment Cream.
        I am very
        > >interested in hearing your reviews. I would like to order it
        but want to
        > >hear your comments first.
        > >
        > >Thanks!

        > Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today -
        it's FREE!
        > hthttp://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/
      • byrne75006
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 12, 2004
          I've been using diroseal for the past year (I live in Paris where
          it's sold in the pharmacy without prescription) with very good
          results. Before moving to France I was taking doxicycline and using
          metrogel, clarion lotion, and a cleanser called Plexion I think. As
          soon as I stopped the antibiotics the roscea would flair. I went to
          the dermatolgist here who gave me a very different program. Now
          three years later, I no longer take the antibiotics and I don't
          really have any visible signs of Roscea.

          She had me use a cleanser for sensitive red-skin. I've tried several
          and am now using Crealine H20 by Bioderma. I then use a water spray
          to rinse the cleanser off by Avene, which is for sensitive skin.
          During the day I use Rosaliac, which is new from La Roche-Posay and
          it's an anti-reddness moisturizer with a greenish tint. Then at
          night I use the diroseal.

          The pharmacies in France have several products for sensitive skin
          prone to redness and they are all available without a prescription.
          Three years ago I would never have believed that my skin would look
          normal again without antibiotics.

          --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "elton_fan_patty"

        • boguynn
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 6, 2005
            Can you get Diroseal OTC at a local store such as Target or Walmart
            instead or buying online? I am thinking of at least trying it for my
            redness.

            Thanks,

            Flapjax
          • wwwdotchat
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 24, 2006
              Hello all,

              I wonder if anyone in the group has actually used Diroseal for the
              full 3 months?

              I am starting it and I just wanted to know if there are any dos and
              don't with this product.

              thanks
              Aimee