Facial Sunscreen in the UK

  • duncon15
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2004
      Hi Anyone out there have any ideas on this? I have tried Soltan for
      sensitive skin, it makes my face itch and burn. I was looking at NO7
      face sunscreen or Simple facial sunscreen. Anyone have experience or
      opinion?
    • loramack
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2004
        I haven't found anything which doesn't irritate my face at all,
        unfortunately. I used Simple's facial sunscreen for a while, I found
        it made my face itch, but it wasn't the worst by any means and it
        seems to calm down after a while. Other ones I've tried include....

        L'Oreal's Solar Expertise spf20 body sunscreen on my face - weird
        smell, caused slight itching which got better after a while.
        L'Oreal Solar Expertise facial sunscreen spf 30 - oddly, much worse
        than the above, slight burning sensation, I came out in a rash!
        Sun E45 - made my face so white I looked like a mime artist or, even
        worse, Michael Jackson, and the same goes for Soltan's baby sunscreen
        which has very similar ingredients. I also found I was getting spots
        after using those, they were very pore-blocking.
        Jane Iredale mineral makeup (stockist phone no. 0800 3282467 or 01223
        208882) - slight facial irritation which got worse as day wore on.
        They will probably send out samples however.

        It's a pity I can't give something a rave review! What seems to be
        missing in the british market is a micronised zinc sunscreen - please
        correct me, anyone, if they know of one which you can get at a sane
        price over here. I'd also like to know if anyone's had luck with
        Riemanns P20, or Green People's sunscreen?