[rosacea] Bumps

  • sgyesq@worldnet.att.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 1999
      Does anyone know why rosacea expresses itself in bumps? I read somewhere about "peri-vascular infiltration of white blood cells," butI do not even know what this means. I realize that the reddened face is related to dilated blood vessles in the face, but this does not sound like it explains the bumps.

      I would be interested in learning from others what success they have had in the treatment of the imflammatory or acne component of rosacea. You guess what direction my rosacea headed this summer. I can live with a spotty red face, but not the bumps. Any help would be appreciated. Best regards, Stephen.

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/rosacea-support
    • oldstuff@lcc.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 1999
        Hi Stepphen,

        I too have the bumps. The best thing I've found for both redness and bumps is a specially compounded cream. It's base is regular old Noritate to which the pharmacist adds zinc and dimethicone. You should call Pete Heusmann @ College Pharmacy (a special "compounding" pharmacy that can make most anything per your doc's prescription) and talk to him. I was able to get my doc to prescribe the Noritate / zinc / dimethicone stuff, but I forget what exact formula...Pete can tell you, or you can look at Dr. Nase's old posts to this forum. YOu can reach Pete @ College Pharmacy @ 800-888-9358.

        Dawn

        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/rosacea-support/?start=5870

      • ragnthor@islandia.is
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 1999
          Stephen,

          When antibiotics failed, without and along
          with metronidazole, I decided to take Accutane
          for the bumps. In the past seven months that
          have gone since I finished my five month long
          course on the maximum dose for my weight, I've
          had all in all two or three pimples (one - directly
          after the treatment - needed a steroid shot),
          instead of two or three or more daily! It was worth
          it, in spite of all side effects. I am now
          concentrating on the dilated veins and the burning
          sensation in the red areas of the face. For that
          I'm undergoing Photoderm treatment which is also
          supposed to treat the acne component; the papules
          and the broken vessels seem to be connected
          somehow. After this I'm turning to my ocular symptoms
          - and am still waiting for Dr. Nase to write about
          successfull treatments of the eyes.

          Thor.

          <7lfhhl$fg1-@egroups.com> wrote:
          original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/rosacea-support/?start=5870
          > Does anyone know why rosacea expresses itself in bumps? I read somewhere about "peri-vascular infiltration of white blood cells," butI do not even know what this means. I realize that the reddened face is related to dilated blood vessles in the face, but this does not sound like it explains the bumps.
          >
          > I would be interested in learning from others what success they have had in the treatment of the imflammatory or acne component of rosacea. You guess what direction my rosacea headed this summer. I can live with a spotty red face, but not the bumps. Any help would be appreciated. Best regards, Stephen.

          eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/rosacea-support
        • Ann Hubbard
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3, 1999
            Do your bumps go away. My face is dotted with tiny red spots that never go
            away, only become more or less red, depending on who knows what? I don't
            get generalized flushing.

            I would be interested in how your bumps look. Ann

            eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/rosacea-support