Subject: Live cleanse

  • skarppala@adelphia.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2004
      In answer to your question about whether anyone thinks a liver cleanse is the answer, my answer is yes! And not just one, either. Several times a year is what is probably needed.
      The reason I've made this deduction is because in the past year I've lost two dear friends to cancer (melanoma) and several years ago, my mother (duodenal). It wasn't originally thought that the liver was the original site but it definitely overpowered the liver in all three cases, in short order. All of them had very pronounced Rosacea.
      Who knows, if they had cleansed their livers periodically and had better diets they might not have gotten the cancers.
      The skin is a window to the inside of body. Liver cleansing can only enhance ones health. It is surly not hurtful.
      And I've been on this soap box before... A word of caution to all those on the Atkins diet much to the Chagrin of it's followers. (Please no emails) Atkins is very hard on one's liver as well as the kidneys. I urge people to incorporate more plant protein in their diets if they are on Atkins. (All three of the above where heavy meat and dairy eaters - as well as heavy usage of refined sugar and white flour products, I might add, so as not to put the entire blame on meat and dairy).
      Think about it. Before the Flood people lived over 500 years after the flood life expectancy went way, way down. (And please no emails from the atheists and other people.)
      I still think our best bet in diet is more organic, raw foods, less animal protein, plenty of whole grain fiber and H20. Be sensible, that's all.
      That's my two cents. OK, I'm off now.
      Susan in PA