Auto immune disorders and IPL/Sorbolene cream

  • smills_222000
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2004
      Hello everyone, I am a lurker on this list, I have quietly been
      getting much valuable information and my panic about my face has
      become a determined education to lessen my flushing. I have been
      using all the tricks i have learnt here, plus medication from my
      dermatologist, but as you all know life is very controlled now as a
      result (better than the pain of a fare though).

      Anyway, my great plan was to lessen vascular damage in my face until
      I could afford to do IPL treatments. But now I am very depressed
      because I have read on a photoderm website that if you have an auto-
      immune disorder then you should not have IPL. Does anyone know why
      this is??? I might have an auto-immune disorder because my
      dermotologist sent me to have a lupus blood test and my ANA count
      was 2560 when it should be below 80. I have an appointment with a
      rhuematologist next month regarding this (my derm agreed that my red
      flushing face was probably rosacea and not a lupus rash though).
      Anyway, my plan of action is ruined and i can't believe it...does
      anyone have any info regarding this. I guess I want someone to tell
      me that someone with an auto-immune condition can have IPL. please?
      Its made me really depressed...

      question number 2 (might as well go for it while i am de-lurking!):
      Does anybody here use Sorbolene cream as a cleanser? I have never
      heard it mentioned, maybe it is an Australian thing, but it is the
      one thing that doesn't cause burning for me. Anyone?

      Thanks guys, merry christmas and a happy new year to you all.