Corticosteroid Shampoo for my scalp-What the????

  • lpickel@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2002
      I went to my derm to have him look at my burning, stinging, tingling,
      sometimes itchy scalp. I have no flakes or redness of the scalp. I have been
      using Nizoral for a while and haven't really noticed a difference in the
      burning and stinging. But use it on my face (has helped with the flakes on
      my face) and wash my hair with it just for good measure.
      Guess what the derm prescribed now for my scalp? A corticosteroid shampoo
      called Capex. I looked at him and asked if he forgot I had rosacea. He
      said, it should not be a problem because it is a shampoo for your scalp and
      he was not prescribing it for use on my face. He also said since it is a
      topical shampoo that you rinse off, it makes it different from the
      corticosteroid creams and gel versions.
      SO, my question is...anybody out there use a corticosteroid shampoo on their
      scalp for Seb derm? Did you develope any rosacea syptoms on your scalp?
      Obviously very skeptical and am hopeing that someone out there has been down
      the road already and can give me advice.
      Should I not use it at all, or use it very sparingly, like once a week? The
      directions say daily, but if I do try it, I will not be using it daily.
      Thank you for your advice and words of wisdom.