Re: [rosacea] excellent info on Seb Derm

  • doubleoh7_mi6
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2002
      ZNP bar by stieffel is a Zn pyrithione 2% bar, you could wash your
      upper lip with it -- leave it on for about five minutes or so..
      There's also some topical zinc spray stuff out there, don't remember
      what it's called..

      --- In rosacea-support@y..., "Adam" <filter@r...> wrote:
      > Thanks for the site, I got alot of info out of it. For some
      reason, every
      > Seborrheic Dermatitis site I have ever been to fails to answer one
      question.
      > My Seborrheic Dermatitis is on my upper lip, not my scalp. It says
      that
      > Pyrithione zinc for instance, is real good for seb derm, and you
      can buy it
      > in a shampoo.. How do I use a shampoo for Seb Derm on my upper
      lip? Do I
      > apply it to my scalp? And then getting rid of the oils/yeast from
      my hair
      > up there causes an effect on my lip? Or do I apply the shampoo on
      my lip in
      > the shower and pretend like I'm putting it on my scalp? Or do I
      apply it on
      > my hair and my lip?How exactly do you use these OTC remedies for
      Seb Derm?
      > My Pharmacist wouldn't know, and my Derm wouldn't support any Seb
      Derm
      > treatment other than Hydrocortizone...
      >
      > Thanks
    • Stephen
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2002
        Hi Adam

        I only use shampoo on my scalp, I've tried it on my face and it just
        irritates my skin. The best teatment for seb derm?....a holiday in Turkey!
        I went there one summer, swam in the sea, got a little sun , and I swore I
        had go a new face!
        The best treatment I've ever had for seb derm

        All you can do is experiment, find out what works for you and what doesn't

        Good luck
        Stephen