Re: [rosacea] exercise, - types of flushing

  • bob shanahan
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2002
      hi again,

      I think exercise in helping your overall body will
      help with your skin. The key is to take breathers
      during exercise along with drinking lots of water.
      Personally i found that exercise itself made it no
      better or worse. I mean i worked for 8 months and no
      major difference. I stopped for 6 months and the same.
      So i don't think it makes a big difference plus the
      benefits to body and mind are wonderful.

      Hope this helps but all cases are different.

      Cheers,
      Bob

      Hi Bob,

    • predawnlight
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2002
        Hi Bob and group,

        Getting the exercise sounds like a good idea. Something else which
        helps cool down is to wrap a frozen Ace reusable cold gel compress
        (Walmart, $3) in a small towel, and apply it to the face, neck etc
        from time to time. They last forever. I have a couple which I have
        been using for two years now. The interior gel does not freeze the
        face, but rather draws out heat from dilating vessels. It can also be
        wrapped in paper towel and used at home. I highly recommend Ace cold
        gel compresses for anyone who suffers from hot flushing. They really
        can help during flareups.

        - Jim