Swelling under eyes/alpha lipoic acid/vit K cream

  • Teresa F. O'Connor
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2001
      My rosecea manifests itself mostly as red face; painful burning feeling;
      swelling under the eyes, especially left side gets very puffy; virtually
      no papules.

      I use Noritate and sunscreen daily and generally try not to obsess on
      the pain and puffiness -- and so I tend to do little more than the above
      to alleviate symptoms.

      However, I was struck by a posting recently referring us to Dr. Nase's
      note on Vitamin K cream (he suggested Avon which I couldn't find). I
      bought today Jason "Vitamin K Creme plus" at vitamin type store. In
      addition to Vitamin K, it contains a slew of ingredients like (well,
      it's hard to list all of them) and decided to try on one side of my face
      (the worst side). I also noticed a book in Barnes and Noble that
      recommended Alpha Lipoic Acid for same rosecea symptoms but daren't use
      it yet since I'm trying the Vitamin K.

      Question: Has anybody used either of the above and, if so, how much
      dosage and did you get any results -- positive or negative.

      Many thanks for any information.