NO: Caution... Was: NO - another false promise??

  • anreid@mailcity.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2001
      Hi,

      After my initially optimistic post I have a slight word of caution.

      I have been in contact with a professor of dermatology in the UK who
      is performing a pilot study on topical NO inhibitors specifically on
      rosacea. He says that from the initial results "it doesn't look very
      hopeful which is surprising and disappointing". This goes against a
      couple of other pilot studies which Dr. Nase cites in his book so I
      guess it is very much going to be a case of wait and see. It may be
      that certain NO inhibitors are more effective than others, or that
      the carrier cream plays a significant part.

      Andrew.