[rosacea] Re: Sher System

  • S.SMITH@STUDENT.UCC.IE.
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 1, 1999
      Hi,
      Thanks for your comments about The Sher System, I agree that it is more of a
      cover up system, but they don't claim to be able to cure rosacea in the first
      place, just control it. I've particularly found their" SOS lotion for rosacea"
      very soothing, the minute I apply it, it calms my skin down. I read on the
      ingredients list that it contains menthol and camphor, which I presume are
      causing the soothing action. I may just buy this product from the system in the
      end, and the foaming facial wash, which I find very mild.
      I'm working on the list of ingredients for the other products, for the person
      who was looking for an ingredient listing!!!
      SS

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/rosacea-support
    • S.SMITH@STUDENT.UCC.IE.
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 1, 1999
        Is Cetaphil available in Ireland??

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/rosacea-support
      • TJones7421@aol.com
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 11, 1999
          Hello Diane,

          What kind of humidifier do you use? All night long? I am going to get one
          for sure this year, Michigan winters are very dry. Do you find that it helps
          you retain moisture balance in your skin?

          Darlene
        • bcorbett@gtech.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 22, 1999
            I finally decided to cough up the money and order the Sher System and,
            much to my dismay, I haven't have good results at all. I've used it
            religiously for a month now, and my skin is in much worse shape than
            when I started: I have the hard red painful bumps on my cheeks,
            regular pimples popping up all over the place, and the skin on my
            cheeks is flaky, tight, and dry. And I've been flaring like crazy!
            I'm so disappointed -- I had such high hopes for it, especially for the
            SOS Lotion. That in particular doesn't seem to agree with me at all.
            Rather than feeling soothing and calming, it made my skin feel tight
            and uncomfortable. I guess I will contact Sher to see what they
            suggest, although I experimented every 4-5 days with a new combination
            of the various pre-cleansers and moisturizers to see if it would help.
            Hopefully if all else fails, they'll at least give me my money back.

            Becky

            enzann-@... wrote:
            original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/rosacea-support/?start=90
            14
            > In a message dated 10/20/1999 1:10:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
            > steveeisner@... writes:
            >
            > > Those of you who do love it: do you use only their products or do
            you
            > > use other
            > > topical meds as well?
            > >
            > The only other topical I use is Noritate, which I use once a day, at
            night.

            > Diane
          • Matija Mosunic
            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 21, 1999
              I searched the Sher System website and the only ingredients I could
              find listed were calendula and lavendar extracts. I searched our own
              "vault" of information and found the ingredients. They don't have
              BHAs, but they have sulfur and Octyl Methoxycinnamate -- two
              ingredients which make me look like a stop light. Here are the
              ingredients:

              SOS Sensitive Skin Soother / Cover Up

              Aqua (water)
              Zinc Oxide
              Alcohol Denat (SD Alcohol 40-B)
              Magnesium Carbonate
              Propylene Glycol
              Polysorbate 80
              Colloidal
              Sulfur
              Camphor
              Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
              Citric Acid
              Allantoin
              CL 77492
              CL 77491
              CL 77499 (iron oxides)
              2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1
              Diol
              Menthol
              Anthemis Nobilis
              Phenoxyethanol
              Methylparaben
              Butylparaben
              Ethylparaben
              Propylbaraben

              24hr Hydrating Formula LIGHT

              Aqua
              Trioctyl Citrate
              Propylene Glycol
              Caprylic / Capric Trigylceride
              Butyrospermum Parkii
              Sorbitan Palmitate
              Polysorbate 40
              Octyl Methoxycinnamate
              Methylsilanol Hydroxyprolinate
              Aspartate
              Sodium PCA
              Rosa Canina
              Cyclomethicone
              Dimethiconol
              Triethanolamine
              Carbomer
              Benzophenone-3
              Triticum Vulgare
              Tocopheryl Acetate
              Phospholipids
              Saccharomyces Lysate Extract
              Imadazolidinyl Urea
              Propylparaben
              Methylparaben
              Allantoin
              Parfum
              Tocopheryl
              Methylchloroisothiazolinone
              Methylisothiazolinone
              BHA

              24 Hours Hydrating Formula - Sensitive

              Aqua
              Octyl Stearate
              Tricaprylyl Citrate
              Cocos Nucifera (Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride)
              Propylene Glycol
              Polysorbate 40
              Sorbitan Palmitate
              Cetyl Alcohol
              Sodium PCA
              Carbomer
              Tocophertyl Acetate
              Imidazolidinyl Urea
              Triethanolamine
              Methylparaben
              Propylparaben
              Triticum Vulgare (Wheatgerm Oil)
              Allantoin

              enzann-@... wrote:
              original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/rosacea-support/?start=10
              949
              > In a message dated 12/21/1999 9:49:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
              > ruizdelvizo@... writes:
              >
              > > Doesn't the Sher System have those BHAs?
              >
              > Sher products do not have BHAs (or AHAs).
              >
              > Diane
            • Cindy
              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 22, 1999
                I only know that the Sher SOS lotion is WONDERFUL when my cheeks get flushed!!!!!!! Cindy

                ----------

                -- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=rosacea-support&m=1
              • WAWSEW@aol.com
                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 22, 1999
                  Cindy: Have you tried the entire routine? I just started using it a couple
                  of days ago and today when I used the foundation my skin turned bright red.
                  Curious about how the other things worked for you.
                • Cindy
                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 22, 1999
                    The only thing that bothered me was the prewash........the multiaction serum is great......but SOS is the best for me and really all I can afford......Cindy

                    ----------
                    Message 9 of 19 , Dec 23, 1999
                      Lynda,
                      I don't like that they make you buy everthing at first either.....but that was the only way they wokuld do it.....I was very lucky and had a dear friend pay for mine......now I just reorder the SOS.........Cindy

                      ----------
                      Message 10 of 19 , Dec 23, 1999
                        They make you buy ALL the products at once? That seems weird -- and
                        EXPENSIVE. I think I'll stick with my drugstore products!

                        Morgan
                      • Cindy
                        Message 11 of 19 , Dec 23, 1999
                          This came out that I wrote the below....it was not me....I just explained that they DO make you buy the whole system. I can't use jojoba oil at all but the multiaction action serum is very good. Cindy

                          ----------
                          Message 12 of 19 , Dec 23, 1999
                            In a message dated 12/23/99 4:23:15 PM Eastern Standard Time, Enzanni@...
                            writes:

                            << The reason for this is that the system works synergistically. If you are
                            just using SOS lotion, you should apply something like jojoba oil and a
                            sensitive skin moisturizer under it if you want to mimic the system. I
                            don't
                            apply SOS to bare facial skin -- you need a protectant oil underneath so
                            your
                            skin will accept it and get more benefit from it. This is why they sell
                            everything together.

                            Diane

                            I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this, but that sounds like a bunch of
                            marketing mumbo jumbo. They sell it all together because if you buy products
                            you don't want, they make more money.
                          • Museec@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 19 , Dec 23, 1999
                              I impulsively paid $15 on-line for a "consult" from these people of what
                              products I should use. I probably could've got the same info here for free!
                            • David Cordry
                              Message 14 of 19 , Dec 23, 1999
                                I did the same thing (paid $15 for consult)...that's why it irks me. If I'd
                                known the package would be so expensive, I'm not sure I would have done it.
                                Oh well, live and learn!