Re: [rosacea] Re: sulfacet

  • Linda Sy MD
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2000
      Matija,
      Sulfacet contains sulfacetamide & sulfur. Both active ingredients are
      antibacterial but sulfur is also keratolytic, meaning it has the ability to
      desquamate the skin. Perhaps, the dryness you perceived, is skin that is
      exfoliating.

      Linda Sy M.D.
      Linda Sy Skin Care
      http://www.lindasy.com
      Voice:Toll-free 877-Lindasy (546-3279)
      Outside US: 925-256-0178
      FAX: 925-939-5207
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2000
        Matija: my Dr. gives me sulfacetamide for my face, only for the areas with
        rosacea, specially for the keratolytic accion. It makes that my skin get
        very dry, but helps the pastules and skars go away. If the effects are very
        strong, I must suspend the aplication and continue with the Noritate in the
        morning and in the night. I use the sulfacetamide only in the nights.-

        Regards, Mar´┐Ża Paula