Re: [rosacea] Hi & Scalp Problems, Wen Shampoo

  • K Cumming
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 11, 2013
      http://www.wenhaircare.com/

      -Kathy

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Peggy Sanders
      To: rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, March 08, 2013 12:49 PM
      Subject: Re: [rosacea] Hi & Scalp Problems, Wen Shampoo

      I live in Temecula, CA. Very dry. Where do you buy the Wen shampoo? Is
      it free of chemicals?

    • igt57
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 11, 2013
        I actually buy it at www.sephora.com. I believe Wen Hair only has auto
        ship. I always get nervous with that kind of thing.
        Sarah

        I live in Temecula, CA. Very dry. Where do you buy the Wen shampoo?
        Is
        it free of chemicals?

        On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 7:50 PM, <ssskrc@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Yes, be very careful of the eyes! I just want to share that I just
        > started using the Wen shampoo and I absolutely love it.
        > My hair has been a real problem lately with static electricity (I
        live
        > in the desert) and it has been so dry. Literally looked like straw
        and
        > then like I stuck my hand in an electric socket. And, that would be
        > being kind. Anyway I have used Wen for the past 2 weeks and my hair
        is
        > starting to look like human hair again. It will be interesting if I
        > continue to have good results with it.
        > Sarah

      • Brad
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 11, 2013
          Hi all-

          Since my original post I would like to update everyone. I quit the prescribed shampoo and the hairspray. Well, my scalp has certainly calmed down and quite throbbing as badly. It took about 5 days to calm and I only have a little soreness/tenderness. I am guessing it could have been some chemical in one of the products? I am not sure but I am not using them again for sure just in case. I am using a herbal shampoo instead with no reaction so far. I appreciate all of the responses.

          Brad

          --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, Fern Roy <fernroy37@...> wrote:

          > Hi;
          >
          > The ACV I use is Bragg Organic Apple cider Vinegar w/Mother.  I put it in a cup of tea with honey, never drink it straight.  You need to kind of play with it to see how much you need as we are all different.
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Fern Roy
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 11, 2013
            Hi;

            I am super sensitive to chemicals so before I use any thing that might come in contact with my face or eyes I check to see what chemicals are in it if any.   Chemicals is what caused the OR with me in the first place, I know just what the produce was that caused it.  All the things the DRs was giving me to use just added to my problem until I got smart.  Fern

            ________________________________

            --- In mailto:rosacea-support%40yahoogroups.com, Fern Roy <fernroy37@...> wrote:

            > Hi;
            >
            > The ACV I use is Bragg Organic Apple cider Vinegar w/Mother.  I put it in a cup of tea with honey, never drink it straight.  You need to kind of play with it to see how much you need as we are all different.
            >

            > ________________________________

          • frankedsm
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 13, 2013
              Brad - you can test the irritability of your shampoo by doing a scratch test. Make 2 small scratches on your arm or leg, then carefully apply the shampoo to just one of the scratches. If the shampoo scratch welts up or gets itchy then you'll know for sure that it was the shampoo.

              Elaine

            • Fern Roy
              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 13, 2013
                Hi Elaine;

                Thanks, I never thought of doing something like that, so simple.  Fern

                ________________________________
                Brad - you can test the irritability of your shampoo by doing a scratch test. Make 2 small scratches on your arm or leg, then carefully apply the shampoo to just one of the scratches. If the shampoo scratch welts up or gets itchy then you'll know for sure that it was the shampoo.

                Elaine

                --- In mailto:rosacea-support%40yahoogroups.com, Fern Roy <fernroy37@...> wrote:

                > Hi;
                >
                > I am super sensitive to chemicals so before I use any thing that might come in contact with my face or eyes I check to see what chemicals are in it if any.   Chemicals is what caused the OR with me in the first place, I know just what the produce was that caused it.  All the things the DRs was giving me to use just added to my problem until I got smart.  Fern

              • frankedsm
                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 15, 2013
                  Here is a list of ingredients from their website:

                  Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrolyzed Wheat, Protein, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 60, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Amodimethicone, Citric Acid, Menthol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum, Limonene

                  http://www.wenhaircare.com/whyitsunique/whyitsunique,default,pg.html

                  They have a great story, but still have a lot of chemicals. I wouldn't be able to use this just because of the Limonene, but I'm sure it's great for some!

                  Elaine