Re: Is this med still manufactured?

  • JackJ
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2012
      --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "geeg88" <geeg88@...> wrote:
      > For the past 3 or 4 years I've been applying a cream to my face,
      > once in the morning, and once at night. The cream is, "Sodium ?
      > Sulfacetamide 10%/Sulfur 5%". The use of this cream, plus eating a
      > couple of tablespoons of almond butter everyday has kept my rosacea
      > completely under control...

      good to read a successful treatment congratulations and may it continue
      for you

      i use sulfacetamide10/sulphur5 but it comes in a emolliant foam
      the brand name i've seen is clarifoam-ef but my rx was a generic
      and - thankfully - like you it has worked effectively

      your mention of almond butter is interesting i eat ALOT of oven roasted almonds
      but have not heard they may be beneficial in the fight against rosacea
      it's nice to read that thank you
    • gibsondeis
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012
        I don't know about the cream, but I have been using the Rx sulfur facial wash and I find it very effective. I have used Sumaxin and now Sumadan. I've been trying to find an OTC sulfur based soap that would be similar to save money, but haven't found one, yet. Beth G.

        --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "geeg88" <geeg88@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > It's been awhile since I've posted here, but I've run into a problem.
        >
        > For the past 3 or 4 years I've been applying a cream to my face, once in the morning, and once at night. The cream is, "Sodium Sulfacetamide 10%/Sulfur 5%". The use of this cream, plus eating a couple of tablespoons of almond butter everyday has kept my rosacea completely under control. I have not had even one breakout.
        >
        > The problem is, my insurance company says that this cream is no longer available. I've done my best to research this on the internet and it appears that the various manufacturers have stopped making the stuff. Does anyone here know if there is a manufacturer who still produces this cream? Also, my new prescription provided by my insurance company is a liquid cleanser with Sodium Sulfacetamide 8%/ Sulfur 4%. You wet your face and work up a lather and wash your face with this, then rince it off, once in the morning and once at night. Does anyone use this, and if so, is it effective?
        >
        > Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
        >
        > Geeg

      • clara_23060
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012
          Hi,
          I have a tube of SE 10-5 SS cream.It's 10%sodium sulfacetamide and
          5% sulfur.It's a 4 oz tube from Seton pharmaceuticals.I have had this tube for some time.I just use it to spot treat.Maybe ask at your
          pharmacy?
          Denah