spots from the sun

  • diane Wickersheim
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2012
      Does anyone experience more red bumps after being outside in the sun for an extended period of time?
      It seems like once I am outside at our community pool for a couple of hours, I always come home to new
      red bumps. They are in odd places too.  One is on my temple and is very red and swollen like.  The others
      are on my lower jaw almost on my neck and there are 4 of them.  I know they werent there before I left
      as I looked in the mirror just prior to leaving.  I am still on doxy but am trying to wean off and I'm wondering
      if this is some interaction with the sun.  They are not food related as I ate nothing while at the pool and only
      drank water.

      thanks
      dee

    • Kristina Wall
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2012
        I know doxy is very light sensitive, so maybe. Ask your dr.

        --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, diane Wickersheim <dianewickersheim@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone experience more red bumps after being outside in the sun for an extended period of time?
        > It seems like once I am outside at our community pool for a couple of hours, I always come home to new
        > red bumps. They are in odd places too.  One is on my temple and is very red and swollen like.  The others
        > are on my lower jaw almost on my neck and there are 4 of them.  I know they werent there before I left
        > as I looked in the mirror just prior to leaving.  I am still on doxy but am trying to wean off and I'm wondering
        > if this is some interaction with the sun.  They are not food related as I ate nothing while at the pool and only
        > drank water.
        >
        > thanks
        > dee

      • frances grennall
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3, 2012
          Definitely more red spots with sun exposure and my derm advises no sun at all for me, especially as I have the complication of vitiligo. All outside exposure is limited and I wear a high SPF at all times. It is a very limiting disease for me as far as lifestyle is concerned!
        • dikshy
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 3, 2012
            That's typical reaction to Oracea/doxy.
            I no longer have those reactions myself, I think mainly because it's been under control for a long time now. I've been taking oracea for over 3 years, with no issues.

            --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, diane Wickersheim <dianewickersheim@...> wrote:

            > Does anyone experience more red bumps after being outside in the sun for an extended period of time?
            > It seems like once I am outside at our community pool for a couple of hours, I always come home to new
            > red bumps. They are in odd places too.  One is on my temple and is very red and swollen like.  The others
            > are on my lower jaw almost on my neck and there are 4 of them.  I know they werent there before I left
            > as I looked in the mirror just prior to leaving.  I am still on doxy but am trying to wean off and I'm wondering
            > if this is some interaction with the sun.  They are not food related as I ate nothing while at the pool and only
            > drank water.
            >
            > thanks
            > dee

          • diane Wickersheim
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 3, 2012
              how long does it generally take for doxy to be out of your system?  Im only a couple of days in and have to finally be done with this drug.
              It hasnt helped since I first went on it back in in 09 and I continually pick it back up thinking its going to work again.  I believe many
              of my issues are digestive and are related to leaky gut syndrome which was caused by this vicious cycle of antibiotics.  I think this is why
              food is such a trigger for most of us.  These foods are seen as toxins to our bodies because they are not being broken down properly and
              therefore causing allergic type bumps, rashes and redness.  It sounds great in theory and Im taking some supplements to help repair my gut
              but its a slow process and im only seeing minimal results in the red bumps department.  I still contend with constant clogged pores in my chin area
              and under my mouth for some reason.  Its so difficult to treat as I was told this area is oily yet I need to treat the rosacea areas gentlier because they
              tend to be drier.  Does anyone else experience this issue?  Im not sure why the sebum solidifies into such a hard waxy substance constantly.
              Its been like this for many years and the only way to deal with it is to extract them just about daily.  It just doesnt make sense to me that my face
              has so many different components to it...

              dee

              ________________________________
              I no longer have those reactions myself, I think mainly because it's been under control for a long time now. I've been taking oracea for over 3 years, with no issues.

              --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, diane Wickersheim <dianewickersheim@...> wrote:

              > Does anyone experience more red bumps after being outside in the sun for an extended period of time?
              > It seems like once I am outside at our community pool for a couple of hours, I always come home to new
              > red bumps. They are in odd places too.  One is on my temple and is very red and swollen like.  The others
              > are on my lower jaw almost on my neck and there are 4 of them.  I know they werent there before I left
              > as I looked in the mirror just prior to leaving.  I am still on doxy but am trying to wean off and I'm wondering
              > if this is some interaction with the sun.  They are not food related as I ate nothing while at the pool and only
              > drank water.
              >
              > thanks
              > dee

            • Lita Eitner-England
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 3, 2012
                Dee, I feel for you. Everybody's rosacea is different. I'm turning 55 next year,
                and NOW I'm dealing with all these issues on my forehead, near the hairline.
                NEVER had to deal with this stuff before, even as a teenager, right directly
                next to the hairline. All I can offer is flush, flush, flush with decaf green
                tea or filtered water...that seems to help me somewhat. Summer is ALWAYS the
                worst for some people and winter really is for others. There are no hard
                and fast rules for this condition, I'm sadly afraid..

                Lita