Re: Allergies

  • frankedsm
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
      I don't think the doctor felt like you were wasting his time. I think he recognized that he had exhausted his knowledge and wouldn't be able to help you. But instead of suggesting you see someone else he just said you shouldn't come back for a long time. He wants you to get the hint that it's time to move on.

      I don't have Rosacea related eye problems, but I have had seasonal eye itchiness and itchiness from dust, and I've had occasional dry eye. And my eyes have been irritated by too much chlorine, and water that has been over softened.

      For eye dryness I've tried Bilberry tea and Ginko Biloba. Both of these tend to increase circulation in general, therefore helping my eyes.

      Also, if you would like to try Reflexology, the eye pressure point is the large knuckle where your pointing finger meets the palm of your hand. This would be the first digit after your thumb. If one eye is worse than the other apply pressure to the corresponding hand. Otherwise, for both eyes I guess you'd just alternate hands a bit.

      Hope this helps!
      Elaine (Iowa)

    • AnnieGoose10@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
        Also, if you would like to try Reflexology, the eye pressure point is the
        large knuckle where your pointing finger meets the palm of your hand. This
        would be the first digit after your thumb. If one eye is worse than the
        other apply pressure to the corresponding hand. Otherwise, for both eyes I
        guess you'd just alternate hands a bit.

        Hope this helps!
        Elaine (Iowa)

        hello - my name is annie and i am new to this group. i've spent the last
        few days reading LOTS of posts.

        a big thank you to Elaine for this reflexology tip.

      • Fern Roy
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 3, 2011
          Hi Elaine;

          I thought I had two books on reflexology but can only find the one, Helping Yourself With Foot Reflexology.  I will have to try your instructions and the foot one an see if it help.  Have you had luck with it?  I always thought I would like to do it but just never did.  There is so many things we think we would like to do and just never get around to doing them.

          My eyes are feeling better since I started Allegra, a little dryer but no itching or feeling like something in the eyes, just burning and feeling dry.  I  picked up Allegra 12hr 60mg and Allegra 12hr 30mg children, will try them and see if it helps w/the dryness  I got 48 hrs out of the 24hr pill and could of pushed it further. I also picked up the Unisol 4 preservative free saline solution, the other one I got burned my eyes.  I won't use anything that burns my eyes. I can't believe when I take the dogs for a walk my eyes feel almost normal, that fresh cool air really feels good.   Indoors anywhere they feel the same or I would think it might be my house, tho it is only 6 yrs old.   Thanks, Fern Msla MT

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 4, 2011
            I have used Reflexology for many different things and I think it helps. I like doing it on my hands instead of my feet because hands are so much more accessible, but either way it ties up your hands and you can't multitask. I guess it's just a matter of telling myself I need to slow down and focus on this one thing for a bit...

            I also see an acupuncturist, so I guess I'm one of those people who feel okay about using alternative medicine. But when the traditional stuff doesn't work it's natural to want to try something else!

            Elaine (Iowa)

            --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, Fern Roy <fernroy37@...> wrote:

            > Hi Elaine;
            >
            > I thought I had two books on reflexology but can only find the one, Helping Yourself With Foot Reflexology.  I will have to try your instructions and the foot one an see if it help.  Have you had luck with it?  I always thought I would like to do it but just never did.  There is so many things we think we would like to do and just never get around to doing them.
            >
            > My eyes are feeling better since I started Allegra, a little dryer but no itching or feeling like something in the eyes, just burning and feeling dry.  I  picked up Allegra 12hr 60mg and Allegra 12hr 30mg children, will try them and see if it helps w/the dryness  I got 48 hrs out of the 24hr pill and could of pushed it further. I also picked up the Unisol 4 preservative free saline solution, the other one I got burned my eyes.  I won't use anything that burns my eyes. I can't believe when I take the dogs for a walk my eyes feel almost normal, that fresh cool air really feels good.   Indoors anywhere they feel the same or I would think it might be my house, tho it is only 6 yrs old.   Thanks, Fern Msla MT
            >

            > Also, if you would like to try Reflexology, the eye pressure point is the
            > large knuckle where your pointing finger meets the palm of your hand. This
            > would be the first digit after your thumb. If one eye is worse than the
            > other apply pressure to the corresponding hand. Otherwise, for both eyes I
            > guess you'd just alternate hands a bit.
            >
            > Hope this helps!
            > Elaine (Iowa)

          • Fern Roy
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 4, 2011
              Hi Elaine;

              You have two different email addresses, annie goose10 & frankedsn?  I guess I didn't quite understand how you meant to do the hand.  I will look for a book on how to do it on the hands, it is probably more comfortable.

              The doxy 40 mg  is really starting to hit my stomach when I take it. I take 20mg in the morning and 20mg at night. I am going to skip this morning and will take it to night. I seem to do better with the evening dose when I have more on my stomach.

              I did acupuncture for my back tell it stopped working, she admitted it was not working anymore .  I would sooner do alternative over pills any day.  I have tried natural paths but never had any luck with them, they just seem to want to sale you stuff that does not work, even tried it for my dog and no luck.

              I just hate this doxy the way it upsets my stomach, I don't know if I just need to tough it out or what to do since I can't seem to use anything in my eyes but moisturizer eye drops.  I think that is the only thing left I can use to get rid of the inflammation.  Fern Msla MT

              ________________________________
            • Aimee
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 4, 2011
                You can take it with food
                check it out here

                http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a682063.html

                Sure it might weaken the dose, but taking less does too :)

                Aimee

                --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, Fern Roy <fernroy37@...> wrote:
                > The doxy 40 mg is really starting to hit my stomach when I take it. I take 20mg in the morning and 20mg at night. I am going to skip this morning and will take it to night. I seem to do better with the evening dose when I have more on my stomach.

              • Beth Phillips Brown
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 4, 2011
                  My derm recommends taking it with food at a mealtime. Of course, you want
                  to pay attention and not have dairy or foods high in calcium as that can
                  have a negative impact on how much doxy gets into your system.

                  Once I started taking it with food, no more digestive problems with doxy.
                  Good luck, Fern! And thanks for reminding us, Aimee!!

                  Beth PB

                  On 11/4/11 11:17 AM, "Aimee" <ohkanaduh@...> wrote:

                  > You can take it with food
                  > check it out here
                  >
                  > http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a682063.html
                  >
                  > Sure it might weaken the dose, but taking less does too :)
                  >
                  > Aimee

                • Fern Roy
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 4, 2011
                    Hi Aimee;

                    I do take it with food but in the morning I am a very light eater for breakfast and probably just not enough on the stomach.  I tried having a piece of toast & jam and taking it with a glass of water and cup of tea.  I wished I knew at this dose how long it usually take to start helping.  Fern Msla MT