Re: [rosacea] redness and bumps on neck and face

  • Fern Roy
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2011
      Hi;

      Just a thought if you think it might be the water you might want to try disstilled water for washing your face.  Wished I could help you more.  I have rosacea of the eye not the face at this point.  Fern

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2011
        Hi

        I have also had the same thing as you, and it drives you insane. The itch was so bad for me, and my neck was so covered that if I turned my head it made me scream in pain! I am heaps better at the moment, as I have gone back to using moisturiser (my homeopath got me to stop and only use calendula lotion). The moisturiser I am using is from a place called Beauty and the Bees (www.beebeauty.com) and it is absolutely the best I have ever found. Even though I live in New Zealand (very close to Australia where this is made)...it still costs a wee bit for postage, so if you thought of getting it I would recommend going through to checkout and just seeing what it would be with postage once you convert to your currency. I keep wanting to stop and find something cheaper, but nothing works for me like this product. I use their Leatherwood Honey & Coconut Cream in Marigold (unscented) on my body and their Leatherwood Honey & Coconut Ultra Light Moisture Cream in Marigold for my face and neck. Once I put this on spots went very quickly. I have also just in the last few days bought a shower filter, and although it's very early days (only had 2 showers so far in it) I do think it's helping too. I only developed all my skin problems in April of this year (we had a major earthquake and all the water infrastructure was damaged) so they started adding chlorine to our water then. I think this will help with my skin...but I think the rosacea is now here to stay, as I believe that was triggered by the antibiotics they put me on for my rash on my legs.
        Anyway I hope you can find relief as I know the pain and frustration you are feeling!

        Sarah