Oracea Side-Effects???

  • Monique Prohaska
    Message 1 of 30 , Apr 1, 2011
      hi everyone,

       i just can't seem to win these days....

      i started Oracea 2 days ago (so, i've had only 2 doses thus far)....soon after the first dose, i began feeling dizzy, tired, and "jumpy" along with upper stomach discomfort...

      the next day, i had all of the above symptoms along with very dry eye and mouth and this morning i still feel dizzy, jumpy and my neck muscles hurt (my ankles and knees were a little stiff this morning, too, but it could've just been how i slept)....

      i have noticed improvement already in my symptoms, but i don't know if this med is going to help if i'm having these side-effects...the doc did put in an order to test for lupus, just in case, and we're waiting to hear back still.....

      i guess i'm just wondering if anyone has had these side-effects (especially noticing tham after taking one dose) and if they were able to continue on with Oracea? did the side-effects get better? i've never been allergic/hypersensitive to any meds before, but recently i have really cleaned up my diet and have lost 10 pounds (i don't know if weight has anything to do with this)...

      my doc's office opens in a couple of hours and i plan to call, but i'm just curious about these side effects in others......when i was first diagnosed 8 years ago, i was put on minocycline for quite a while and didn't have any problems.....i'm wondering if our bodies can really change that drastically and become sensitive to meds that never bothered them before.....

      thanks everyone!
      monique

    • dl.fields@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 30 , Apr 1, 2011
        The only symptom I had was the stomach discomfort, and I then would take it
        with food, and that helped a lot. If you are taking it without food, that
        could be one possibility. I kind of remember feeling funny for a few days
        also, as I adjusted to it, and I called the doctor and they told me to take
        it with food.

        I posted the possible side effects for you. (Debbie)

        Upset stomach,
        <http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/digestive-diseases-nausea-vomiting
        > nausea,
        <http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/digestive-diseases-diarrhea>
        diarrhea, or mild <http://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/default.htm>
        headache may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your
        doctor or pharmacist promptly.

        Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she
        has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects.
        Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.

        Tell your doctor immediately if any of these unlikely but serious side
        effects occur:
        <http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/tc/sunburn-topic-overview
        > sunburn (sun sensitivity), difficult/painful swallowing, brown/gray
        <http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/picture-of-the-teeth> tooth discoloration,
        blue/gray/brown discoloration of the skin/lips/
        <http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/picture-of-the-tongue> tongue/gums,
        unusual tiredness, new signs of infection (e.g.,
        <http://firstaid.webmd.com/fevers-causes-symptoms-treatments> fever, chills,
        persistent
        <http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/tc/sore-throat-topic-overview> sore
        throat), change in the amount of urine, pink urine.

        Tell your doctor immediately if any of these rare but very serious side
        effects occur: hearing changes (e.g., ringing in the
        <http://www.webmd.com/brain/picture-of-the-ear> ears, decreased hearing),
        easy bruising/bleeding, unusual/severe headache,
        <http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/default.htm> vision changes (e.g., blurred
        vision), severe stomach/
        <http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/abdominal-pain> abdominal pain,
        persistent nausea/vomiting, yellowing
        <http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/picture-of-the-eyes> eyes/skin, dark urine.

        Message 3 of 30 , Apr 1, 2011
          Has anyone on here tried Bilberry. I was on it before and didn't see
          effects. However, I recently remembered about it and was researching it.

          I have been trying it for the past few days. I noticed:

          A slight improvement in my light sensitivity.

          A slight improvement in my vision as well.

          From what I read not only can it help ocular rosacea, but possibly rosacea
          as well. It has the effect of "berries", and I know that is good for
          rosacea. Found out yesterday, it does something to the retina (which is the
          part of the eye that works with light). It is supposed to help with this
          and also help with nearsightness.

          I did see a side effect that taken high amounts over a long period of time
          can cause problems (with like NSAIDS), but they said the supplement part is
          okay and safe.

          So far after a few days I am having good results. It also has been 90
          degrees here and really sunny, so yesterday was a test. I need to try this
          more with my transition glasses as I react more to those with the clear
          glass than if I have the contacts in.

          Debbie

          Message 4 of 30 , Apr 1, 2011
            So sorry about the extra links on here. What I copied was word for word
            symptoms, and the links were NOT showing at all on the page, or I would not
            have copied it.

            Debbie

            Message 5 of 30 , Apr 1, 2011
              I might add that yesterday when I went to the dentist, he said that 2 teeth,
              the fillings are breaking and deep and he wants to do a "crown" on two teeth
              on Saturday. I do know that I was quite upset yesterday with the expense
              that I did not want (but have to do). So, yes, "stress" could be a factor
              here also. One tooth had a crack (so there was bacteria), which might??
              also account for some of my strange symptoms on one side of my face (but I
              am not sure)-but it says teeth problems can hit a nerve in the face.

              Also, the change in weather from 70 degrees to about 95 degrees yesterday
              and today, also could be a factor.

              My scalp seems to react to the sun more than my face does now. I might just
              "NEUTRAL" and start over again.

              THANK YOU AGAIN.

              Debbie

            • dl.fields@verizon.net
              Message 6 of 30 , Apr 1, 2011
                Sorry to post a lot today. I am putting this info on here to possibly help
                someone else.

                All my symptoms appear while typing. Since I am a medical transcriptionist,
                I am on the computer a lot. I also know that I have bulging discs in my
                neck, so I need frequent breaks.

                Well, I was researching things today and something led me to tension
                headache. Apparently if one sits at a computer for long periods of time and
                keeps the neck straight, it contracts the shoulders, neck, forehead and
                contracts the muscle in the skull.

                Said it causes a dull headache in the forehead and/or burning sensation.
                Causes the same symptoms in the skull as well.

                Most of my symptoms are listed under the category of "tension headache."
                Some of the symptoms are rosacea type symptoms with the burning of the skin
                as well.

                Frequent stretches and breaks are all that is needed. Next time anyone has
                scalp/forehead burning, see if you feel it in your neck and/or do some
                stretching.

                Debbie

              • Aimee
                Message 7 of 30 , Apr 1, 2011
                  Hi Debbie,

                  Your posts are food for thought and very informative.  I hope things settle down soon for you.
                  The group is here for support, remember that :)

                  take care
                  Aimee

[...]

                • J JOSEPH & ELOISE SEEGARS
                  Message 8 of 30 , Apr 1, 2011
                    Debbie, I, too, just had to have a crown on my tooth. The tooth had apparently
                    been cracked for a long time and was not previously detected. The nerve was
                    exposed, and, most likely, it had its share of bacteria, too. Just to confirm
                    what you stated, most of my rosacea symptoms are on THE side where the tooth was
                    cracked and the crown applied! I had also noticed some dull pain in my jaw on
                    that side for some time. I'm glad that you detected the possible connection,
                    something maybe a derm would not even know. Thank you. Eloise

                  • dl.fields@verizon.net
                    Message 9 of 30 , Apr 2, 2011
                      This is opposite side of my face (tooth on left) and symptoms on right.
                      Still a possibility though for me.

                      THX Eloise.

                      Debbie

                      Message 10 of 30 , Apr 9, 2011
                        Yes, I think I might still have rosacea (but a milder kind). Still think I
                        might have ocular rosacea but on right side only.

                        However, I am starting to wonder something. The other day I went to urgent
                        care as the burning in my scalp/forehead was so bad. Derm Dr. had said dry
                        skin previously. As I stated the urgent care Dr. said from tenseness in
                        neck/shoulders-etc. more so on left side causing nerve pain to radiate and
                        cause burning sensations from irritation.

                        Well, all my symptoms are right sided ONLY, not left sided, which is NOT
                        typical of Rosacea. The area below the cheek I am experiencing the
                        pain/pressure I was told is a facial nerve.

                        Been experimenting, as I notice when I am on the computer, 99% of my
                        symptoms reoccur as opposed to being off the computer. So, today, while
                        skin was burning on right side of face, I was doing neck stretches, shoulder
                        stretches, etc. Well, the pain/burning went away immediately.

                        Ran errands, came back to type and all symptoms returned.

                        I am tall, and my desk is not the proper ERGO setup. My hands are raised to
                        the keyboard on top of my desk, putting stain on neck/shoulders etc. I am
                        close to finalizing a new desk set up within the next few days.

                        Also saw Internal medicine yesterday with my suspicion that although I may
                        not have a sinus infection, I feel that I have an infection in the tissues
                        in my nose as they are all swollen. Well, I was correct, and he put me on a
                        bacterial medicine, to reduce swelling. It was my hunch, that the swelling
                        of the nasal passages could also cause nose/facial swelling, (which would
                        account also why glasses bother me as well and for some of the soreness in
                        my face.

                        Doctor also explained to me that I might have some oil glands backing up,
                        which would account for the oily skin on my face also.

                        He advised me to take the muscle relaxer at night (to tone down my
                        neck/shoulders), keep on doing the yoga, and also take the bacterial
                        medicine, to reduce swelling.

                        I seem to be providing my own answers on what is happening to me as opposed
                        to the doctors. I probably could take test after test after test, and
                        nothing would show up especially if this is coming from nerves in the
                        neck/shoulders-etc.

                        When I talked to the pharmacist yesterday, she said my skin looked good and
                        I don't even look like I have rosacea, (yet my skin is starting to break out
                        with whiteheads, blackheads and a little bit of pustules). The flushing is
                        not here that often.

                        I feel I am getting closer and closer here (on my own) and from the items I
                        read on your postings.

                        I have been to a neurologist, a few derm doctors, Opthal doctors and
                        internal med doctors. No one had ever thought about posture (until this one
                        urgent care doctor talked to me about it). I also told them that I had the
                        bulging disks in my neck as well)

                        Debbie

                      • bossmancassie
                        Message 11 of 30 , Apr 10, 2011
                          It could be you were as I believe I was too. My only symptoms were I had a little flush face. I'm Asian and rosacea is rare. I believe Asians have a thing called Asian flush. My derm said I had it and for the next 16 months treated me for rosacea and sd. Using steroid for 4 of those months to relieve flares. About month and a half ago I go to a 2nd derm and said I don't have. Both my bosses have rosacea and say they dont think I have it. My cousin is in medical school and says I dont have it. If k have anything now it's the steroid induced kind as I have yet to put anything on my face and there is improvement(knock on wood) from the past year. The new derm listens and actually takes time to listen. I go to her after hours or call(family friend) and she answers my question all of them. Why do you think I dong have rosacea? She answer those kind of question. She even gave me 1st derm records. The 1st derm always said sd or rosacea but what he wrote on those visits wax a ? At rosacea and sb seem like he didn't know. now I'm fighting this steroid induced one and it's killing me. Also my lab test from 1st derm said no demodex mites.

                          My thing to you is go to a new derm that will take time to listen. Ask friends or coworkers if they know one. Ask to see your records from the other derm. And most importantly write questions to ask and write down their answer. If they say rosacea say why. If they say no say why don't you think I have it. I always go armed with 10 questions. It suck that these deems get paid this to screw up.
                          Like they don't want you to be cure do you keep coming back so they get paid. Im lucky j found one that is a friend and she doesn't get paid cause I meet her after hours. So she has my intentions at heart. Plus my mom will kill her. Lol

                          --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, <dl.fields@...> wrote:

                          > Yes, I think I might still have rosacea (but a milder kind). Still think I
                          > might have ocular rosacea but on right side only.
                          >

                          > However, I am starting to wonder something. The other day I went to urgent
                          > care as the burning in my scalp/forehead was so bad. Derm Dr. had said dry
                          > skin previously. As I stated the urgent care Dr. said from tenseness in
                          > neck/shoulders-etc. more so on left side causing nerve pain to radiate and
                          > cause burning sensations from irritation.
                          >

                          > Well, all my symptoms are right sided ONLY, not left sided, which is NOT
                          > typical of Rosacea. The area below the cheek I am experiencing the
                          > pain/pressure I was told is a facial nerve.
                          >

                          > Been experimenting, as I notice when I am on the computer, 99% of my
                          > symptoms reoccur as opposed to being off the computer. So, today, while
                          > skin was burning on right side of face, I was doing neck stretches, shoulder
                          > stretches, etc. Well, the pain/burning went away immediately.
                          >

                          > Ran errands, came back to type and all symptoms returned.
                          >

                          > I am tall, and my desk is not the proper ERGO setup. My hands are raised to
                          > the keyboard on top of my desk, putting stain on neck/shoulders etc. I am
                          > close to finalizing a new desk set up within the next few days.
                          >

                          > Also saw Internal medicine yesterday with my suspicion that although I may
                          > not have a sinus infection, I feel that I have an infection in the tissues
                          > in my nose as they are all swollen. Well, I was correct, and he put me on a
                          > bacterial medicine, to reduce swelling. It was my hunch, that the swelling
                          > of the nasal passages could also cause nose/facial swelling, (which would
                          > account also why glasses bother me as well and for some of the soreness in
                          > my face.
                          >

                          > Doctor also explained to me that I might have some oil glands backing up,
                          > which would account for the oily skin on my face also.
                          >

                          > He advised me to take the muscle relaxer at night (to tone down my
                          > neck/shoulders), keep on doing the yoga, and also take the bacterial
                          > medicine, to reduce swelling.
                          >

                          > I seem to be providing my own answers on what is happening to me as opposed
                          > to the doctors. I probably could take test after test after test, and
                          > nothing would show up especially if this is coming from nerves in the
                          > neck/shoulders-etc.
                          >

                          > When I talked to the pharmacist yesterday, she said my skin looked good and
                          > I don't even look like I have rosacea, (yet my skin is starting to break out
                          > with whiteheads, blackheads and a little bit of pustules). The flushing is
                          > not here that often.
                          >

                          > I feel I am getting closer and closer here (on my own) and from the items I
                          > read on your postings.
                          >

                          > I have been to a neurologist, a few derm doctors, Opthal doctors and
                          > internal med doctors. No one had ever thought about posture (until this one
                          > urgent care doctor talked to me about it). I also told them that I had the
                          > bulging disks in my neck as well)
                          >

                          > Debbie

                        • Merry
                          Message 12 of 30 , Apr 10, 2011
                            From what I understand, rosacea doesn't come with blackheads. Could you have adult acne instead?

                            I'm growing to trust doctors less than I did before. I seem to have to really pinpoint things before they'll listen to me, and even then they sometimes don't listen.

                            Other times, bam, they hit it just right. I think it's all a crap shoot, in so many parts of life, including medical stuff.

                            Doctors have saved my life from cancer. They saved my husband's life from heart attacks. But even though they could practically work miracles for those really bad things, they seem stumped by a skin condition.

                            Janet

                            --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, <dl.fields@...> wrote:

                            > When I talked to the pharmacist yesterday, she said my skin looked good and
                            > I don't even look like I have rosacea, (yet my skin is starting to break out
                            > with whiteheads, blackheads and a little bit of pustules). The flushing is
                            > not here that often.
                            >

                            > I feel I am getting closer and closer here (on my own) and from the items I
                            > read on your postings.
                            >

                            > I have been to a neurologist, a few derm doctors, Opthal doctors and
                            > internal med doctors. No one had ever thought about posture (until this one
                            > urgent care doctor talked to me about it). I also told them that I had the
                            > bulging disks in my neck as well)
                            >

                            > Debbie

                          • Todd Davidson
                            Message 13 of 30 , Apr 10, 2011
                              We must also remember that rosacea often occurs concomitantly with acne and seb derm alot of times in addition to perioral dermatitis and eczema. It is not easy to diagnose like other skin disorders because sometimes unfortunately it's like a little buffet of everything bad.

                              Sent from my iPhone

                              On Apr 10, 2011, at 9:53 AM, "Merry" <jcfish.art@...> wrote:

                              From what I understand, rosacea doesn't come with blackheads. Could you have adult acne instead?

                              I'm growing to trust doctors less than I did before. I seem to have to really pinpoint things before they'll listen to me, and even then they sometimes don't listen.

                              Other times, bam, they hit it just right. I think it's all a crap shoot, in so many parts of life, including medical stuff.

                              Doctors have saved my life from cancer. They saved my husband's life from heart attacks. But even though they could practically work miracles for those really bad things, they seem stumped by a skin condition.

                              Janet

                              --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, <dl.fields@...> wrote:

                              > When I talked to the pharmacist yesterday, she said my skin looked good and
                              > I don't even look like I have rosacea, (yet my skin is starting to break out
                              > with whiteheads, blackheads and a little bit of pustules). The flushing is
                              > not here that often.
                              >

                              > I feel I am getting closer and closer here (on my own) and from the items I
                              > read on your postings.
                              >

                              > I have been to a neurologist, a few derm doctors, Opthal doctors and
                              > internal med doctors. No one had ever thought about posture (until this one
                              > urgent care doctor talked to me about it). I also told them that I had the
                              > bulging disks in my neck as well)
                              >

                              > Debbie

                            • DAVID LEE DURHAM
                              Message 14 of 30 , Apr 10, 2011
                                Todd,

                                A couple of days ago I ask you about AHA's as good skin barriers. You mentioned a newer type of AHA call polyhydroxy, and the company Neostrata. Just for kicks and giggles I wrote to Skinactives to ask if they had any polyhydroxy. Hanna (from Skinactives) wrote to me and ask what my main goal was and I wrote back to her, as follows:

                                "Here's what I've been told about polyhydroxy. It is supposed to be more moisturizing as it pulls water from the inner layers of the skin to the outer layers. The polyhydroxy is a larger molecule and penetrates the skin slower which means less stinging when applying. And polyhydroxy is thought to improve Rosacea. My goal is of course keeping lines and wrinkles at bay, while gently exfoliating, that won't dry out my skin or sting and may help or improve my Rosacea."

                                Then Hanna wrote back today and says: "I know of no chemical with those peculiar characteristics. I don't think it exists, at least not the polyhydroxi acids I know ( I am a biochemist)"

                                I'm not trying to put you on the spot, I'm just wondering what is what. Do you think Neostrata is pulling everyone's leg? Or that maybe Hanna the biochemist doesn't know about this particular product? Or maybe I just misrepresented what I'm looking for and polyhydroxy doesn't really work that way. Todd what do you think?

                                Thanks,
                                Lee

                              • dl.fields@verizon.net
                                Message 15 of 30 , Apr 10, 2011
                                  Thank you for the responses.

                                  Day 2 of my experiment. Put keyboard on my lap this morning and was typing
                                  for 2 hours. No real pain in neck and symptoms subsided. They did come
                                  back when I was walking around looking for desk (however, did neck/shoulder
                                  exercises and they went away).

                                  I did purchase a desk today, that will be here on Tuesday. Most likely I
                                  have at least 5-6 years of damage to my neck/shoulders from typing in a bad
                                  position, which is showing up now.

                                  My symptoms are here, but milder, just burning on forehead (but there are
                                  whiteheads there).

                                  I am hoping that some of my symptoms are caused by stress of being in daily
                                  pain. walking and lifting things and things may start to calm down a little
                                  and I might see an improvement in my skin as time goes on.

                                  No lotions are calming my forehead, but she had said that nerves also
                                  respond to cold/hot weather like rosacea does, which irritates the nerves.
                                  Air conditioning seems to set this off and I was in a store today where it
                                  was blowing a lot.

                                  THANK you for joining me and being supportive in my experiment.

                                  Debbie

                                • Beth Phillips Brown
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Apr 10, 2011
                                    Hi Debbie,

                                    Great progress!! I'm wondering if you've considered moving back and forth
                                    from sitting at a desk to using a standing desk? I hear they can be more
                                    ergonomic plus burn more calories (a side benefit, LOL!). It sounds like you found a
                                    good desk but even so, it might be worth improvising a standing desk that is
                                    ergonomically workable to see if it makes a difference. I would think that staying in the same position for more than 45 minutes would not be helpful!

                                    Am I remembering correctly that the urgent care doc recommended massage? I
                                    second her recommendation. Happy to participate in your experiment and
                                    support your wellbeing!

                                    Beth PB in Philly

                                    Message 17 of 30 , Apr 10, 2011
                                      Hi,

                                      Todd makes a great point - that rosacea can occur at the same time as other
                                      conditions. I know that I like to separate everything out and put it in a
                                      tidy box to handle but in reality, it's all connected; after all,
                                      you're talking about skin on the face!

                                      Plus this is one of those conditions that manifest somewhat differently for
                                      different people with different types who can then have different responses
                                      to treatments and products. Just wanted to emphasize
                                      the point that Todd made as it¹s such a good one to remember when working to
                                      manage the rosacea.

                                      Beth PB in Philly

                                      Message 18 of 30 , Apr 10, 2011
                                        Hi Beth.

                                        The desk I bought today has the pull out shelf for the keyboard, so I don't
                                        have to keep raising my hands up and that will take the strain off
                                        everything. Will take a little adjustment as I have been working at this
                                        old desk for 18 years in this fashion, and I don't like changes, but this
                                        will require adjustments on the new desk.

                                        I was told, I have like a sub derm (or something similar) to that, which
                                        sometimes helps rosacea along.

                                        I get up about every 20 minutes and stretch.

                                        In essence, I do have to be grateful with the diagnoses of rosacea and sub
                                        derm.

                                        Why? It gave me a new life. If I never had it and did not change my
                                        lifestyle, I would not have:

                                        Met all of you.

                                        Find out that the local senior center here offers arthritis classes and yoga
                                        classes, and now I am doing gentle exercises four times a week.

                                        I would not have done all the research and come up with a different scenario
                                        for my care.

                                        Debbie

                                      • Beth Phillips Brown
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Apr 10, 2011
                                          Hi Debbie,

                                          What a great way to frame your rosacea experience! And thank you! While
                                          we¹re not happy you've got rosacea, we're happy you found us and have been sharing your journey.

                                          Let us know how the adjustment to the new desk works. How exciting, changes
                                          that will bring better neck & shoulder alignment which will support your yoga
                                          which will support your neck & shoulder & spine health. You go, Debbie!

                                          Beth PB in Philly

                                          On 4/10/11 6:01 PM, "dl.fields@..." <dl.fields@...> wrote:

                                          > old desk for 18 years in this fashion, and I don't like changes, but this
                                          > will require adjustments on the new desk.
                                          >

                                          > In essence, I do have to be grateful with the diagnoses of rosacea and sub
                                          > derm.
                                          >
                                          > Why? It gave me a new life. If I never had it and did not change my
                                          > lifestyle, I would not have:
                                          >
                                          > Met all of you.
                                          >
                                          > Find out that the local senior center here offers arthritis classes and yoga
                                          > classes, and now I am doing gentle exercises four times a week.
                                          >
                                          > I would not have done all the research and come up with a different scenario
                                          > for my care.
                                          >
                                          > Debbie

                                          > Reply to sender
                                          > <mailto:dl.fields@...?subject=RE%3A%20%5Brosacea%5D%20Starting%20to%20
                                          > wonder%20if%20I%20am%20misdiagnosed> | Reply to group
                                          > <mailto:rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com?subject=RE%3A%20%5Brosacea%5D%20Starti
                                          > ng%20to%20wonder%20if%20I%20am%20misdiagnosed> | Reply via web post
                                          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rosacea-support/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJyYzBmYzJjBF9TA
                                          > zk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzExMTUwOTkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDYxNTg5BG1zZ0lkAzEwODc0OARzZWM
                                          > DZnRyBHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzEzMDI0NzM2Nzc-?act=reply&messageNum=108748> |
                                          > Start a New Topic
                                          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rosacea-support/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJla3J2Y3BhBF9TA
                                          > zk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzExMTUwOTkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDYxNTg5BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGM
                                          > Ec3RpbWUDMTMwMjQ3MzY3Nw-->
                                          > Messages in this topic
                                          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rosacea-support/message/108647;_ylc=X3oDMTM4cHZ
                                          > wcTNmBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzExMTUwOTkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDYxNTg5BG1zZ0lkAzEwO
                                          > Dc0OARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzMDI0NzM2NzcEdHBjSWQDMTA4NjQ3> (18)
                                          >
                                          > Recent Activity:
                                          > * New Members
                                          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rosacea-support/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJmNm9zanEyBF
                                          > 9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzExMTUwOTkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDYxNTg5BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3Zt
                                          > YnJzBHN0aW1lAzEzMDI0NzM2Nzc-?o=6> 4
                                          > Visit Your Group
                                          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rosacea-support;_ylc=X3oDMTJlbGNxY2Q5BF9TAzk3Mz
                                          > U5NzE0BGdycElkAzExMTUwOTkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDYxNTg5BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3Rp
                                          > bWUDMTMwMjQ3MzY3Nw-->

                                        • Todd Davidson
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Apr 10, 2011
                                            Hi Lee..sounds like either Hanna isn't a very bright biochemist or she doesn't want to discuss a competitor! Lol
                                            I would chose the later.
                                            I am going to send out 2 articles about PHA to the group. One is a general overview and the other was published in "Cutis" which is a very reputable medical journal.

                                            The dermatologist from the first article is a very good friend of mine and I have gained the majority of my knowledge of skincare through her. (Lenore Kakita). She has been in practice for nearly 40 years in Los Angeles and just recently retired, but I doubt will stay retired very long-because of her passion. She is world reknowned and highly respected by her peers. She has been the recipient of multiple awards from the American Academy of Dermatology and helped implement the Womens Dermatological Society where she served as president for many years. Lenore is a true gem. Anyway, enjoy the articles. I know there is some info out there regarding rosacea as well. I'll search for it.
                                            Todd

                                            Sent from my iPhone
                                          • dl.fields@verizon.net
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Apr 10, 2011
                                              Thank you Beth.

                                              Debbie

                                            • dl.fields@verizon.net
                                              Message 22 of 30 , Apr 13, 2011
                                                I know exactly what is causing all my symptoms, and not one doctor has
                                                diagnosed me with the underlying culprit -which I know is stress. I do not
                                                feel I am handling it well.

                                                On April 6, they decided to fix the telephone poles here, so I had 1 day I
                                                couldn't work (power out). The workmen were here, cables were being thrown
                                                across the backyard, workmen were yelling, power tools going and dogs were
                                                barking excessively to the point that the nerves were stressed. Seems like
                                                the next few days they would also show up on the poles to fix something (but
                                                with power on) i.e. so constant work and outside interruptions.

                                                Since then, skin bad, face bad, burning scalp and face.

                                                I do notice on days I do yoga and exercise it is so much better.

                                                On 4/11, they decided to show up again (unannounced and shut the power off
                                                to fix poles). Since I work from home, I couldn't work and didn't notify
                                                clients ahead of time. Same thing, with them yelling, noise, no power from
                                                8-5. When power came up I was frantically trying to catch up on reports
                                                that were due that day etc.

                                                4/12/11, face/arms/legs/scalp (BURNING AND ON FIRE). Nothing worked re:
                                                cleansers.

                                                I know for a fact that this is the factor causing the rosacea symptoms and
                                                all the other symptoms. When nerves get irritated, they burn, which causes
                                                the symptoms, and stress causes the rosacea symptoms on my face.

                                                I am in yoga 2 days a week and an arthritis exercise class 2 days a week
                                                (did not do yoga on Tues-as I was sick).

                                                How do you all distress? I feel I definitely need to do more, and I do take
                                                frequent work breaks also.

                                                THX.

                                                Debbie

                                              • Aimee
                                                Message 23 of 30 , Apr 13, 2011
                                                  Hi Debbie,

                                                  I probably would have left the house when they were working and you knew stress was on the increase :)   Stress is huge for me too and I avoid it at all costs.  Of course there are times when it's not possible though.
                                                  I do meditation which is huge in destressing.  Then there is the usual.....walks, yoga, avoidance.  Sorry this probably didn't tell you anything new.

                                                  Aimee

                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Apr 13, 2011
                                                    I couldn't leave the house one day as they had cables all over the backyard
                                                    and I did have to watch the dogs. Aimee, I am supposed to do meditation at
                                                    home, but get busy, but luckily they do have it in all four classes. I have
                                                    to do that daily I guess.

                                                    I just did 1 hour of arthritic aerobics, and I saw the difference in a
                                                    matter of 5 minutes in the class with symptoms calming down.

                                                    Thank you.

                                                    Debbie

                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Apr 13, 2011
                                                      Just wanted you to know that I have been reading your posts and I feel your pain. If you are into it, try an anxiety rx. Many do. I do.

                                                      Take care,

                                                      Amy

                                                      Message 26 of 30 , Apr 13, 2011
                                                        Thank you Amy. I thought about that, but I will do that only as a last
                                                        resort, as I am on blood pressure meds, and I don't want to have to take too
                                                        many things.

                                                        My daughter suggested I go on the exercise bike. So, I did that for like 15
                                                        minutes and was singing and that helped more than the exercise class.
                                                        Tomorrow is yoga, which helps a lot, but I think I will add bicycling to
                                                        part of my routine daily.

                                                        Debbie

                                                      • amyhead@aol.com
                                                        Message 27 of 30 , Apr 13, 2011
                                                          I agree. Try other means first and then if needed... so be it. Hang in there.

                                                          Message 28 of 30 , Apr 13, 2011
                                                            BTW: I remembered that the last time I had the same symptoms, I had a UTI.
                                                            Just came back from urgent care, and I was correct, same thing this time.
                                                            That was the cause of everything, and stress was NOT the main factor. That
                                                            sure made me feel better.

                                                            Still going to do the bicycle though and find better stress relievers.

                                                            debbie

                                                          • Beth Phillips Brown
                                                            Message 29 of 30 , Apr 14, 2011
                                                              Hi Debbie,

                                                              Good for your excellent detective work on your own behalf! Hope you have a
                                                              good supply of white cotton panties ­ very helpful in preventing these UTIs.

                                                              Here¹s a link to Real Age¹s take on Computer Ergonomics, thought there might
                                                              be helpful info there (you¹ve probably already got these things under your
                                                              belt):
                                                              http://healthlibrary.epnet.com/GetContent.aspx?token=1edc3d6e-4fec-4b20-baca
                                                              -795e48830daa&chunkiid=14080

                                                              Even though stress doesn¹t appear to be the huge factor you¹d felt, it¹s
                                                              still good to keep up with all the excellent stress-relieving things you are
                                                              doing.
                                                              These habits will have far-reaching benefits that accumulate more and more
                                                              over time. As Aimee says, meditation is very helpful. For me, I need to
                                                              bring the
                                                              physical into it in order to make the internal space to actually meditate,
                                                              LOL!

                                                              Hope you¹re feeling better!

                                                              Beth PB in Philly

                                                            • dl.fields@verizon.net
                                                              Message 30 of 30 , Apr 14, 2011
                                                                Thank you Beth for all the wonderful info. I woke up feeling great today,
                                                                and only took 1 antibiotic and cranberry juice. I did 1 hour of a yoga
                                                                class today, so that helps A LOT.

                                                                Debbie