Re: [rosacea] Help--skin care

  • Aurelia
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2010
      Hi Benenati, and welcome to the Rosacea Support Group! :)

      I was rather puzzled by your "need to remove dead skin cells" despite it always irritating the skin enough to turn it red. "The red flares up when I try to remove dead skin." You say that if you leave it too long "dead skin builds up and causes more problems".

      I'm no expert, and I might be quite wrong, but I think most people find that gently washing the skin with a facecloth is generally sufficient to remove dead skin - and too strong for many with sensitive skin. If you need more abrasion because the outer layers are dying at such a fast rate, have you considered it as a warning sign that you might perhaps benefit from gentler skincare instead? Or is it perhaps related to the eczema?

      Kind regards,

      Aurelia

      ---------------------------------

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2010
        I think I may know what you mean. You have dry skin that you can just peel off. My skin gets that dry usually on my nose and cheek area that I have to scrub it off. I haven't found any product specific for that. maybe a mild scrub? usually I just put moisturizer and use a washcloth to remove the dry skin, them moisturize again. it does get annoying after a while because it happens often. maybe someone else has suggestions?
      • ert4dogz@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2010
          I'd like a little clarification on the issues with bacteria and Honey that make you leery of it. Honey has natural antibacterial properties and a proven abillity to help wounds heal. You may want to check that out a little further. Maybe even a patch test to see what it does to you. The only thing that puts me off using it on my face is the stickiness and I'd never get my schnauzers to leave me alone.

          Best!

          Sunny

[...]
          etaphil cleanser
          umeric