Re: [rosacea] Mychelle's Capillary Calming Serum

  • diane Wickersheim
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2009
      Elena
      I found I immediately hated the smell. I was looking for something moisturizing and soothing.
      I hate putting so many products on my face because I'm afraid It will clog my skin and break me
      out so I didnt like that I had to apply something else afterward.  I need something to sooth after
      washing like a jojoba oil but without the breakout effects.  I like the way the oils make
      my skin feel but if I use more than 2 nights in a row it will not help.  they also don't eliminate
      the dryness they just help for that moment.  I've been reading good things about Eucerin's Anti
      Redness cleanser or something similiar to that name.  I might hit CVS today and check it out.
      How do you find the Super rich moisturizer from Purple Emu? I thought it was way too thick.
      I get so sick of trying to figure all this out but no Dr. seems to take it seriously and help in any way..
      Its all up to us to change it.
      thanks for listening.

      diane

      ________________________________
      From: diane Wickersheim <dianewickersheim@ yahoo.com>
      Subject: [rosacea] Mychelle's Capillary Calming Serum
      To: rosacea-support@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Saturday, January 31, 2009, 8:43 AM

      Elena,
      I recently purchased the Mychelle'l Capillary Calming Serum and have only tried it once
      I was wondering what your thoughts were on this?  What did it help with?
      My main problem is red irritated and dry skin after I was with my mild cleanser at night.
      In the morning its better but gets red and blotchy as the day goes on.
      thanks
      Diane

      ____________ _________ _________ __
      From: Beauty Law <secondbeauty@ yahoo.com>
      To: rosacea-support@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 11:37 AM

      Hi Elena,

      do you apple the Blemish & Redness Control alone, or do u apply the Super Rich Moisturez on top of the redness control.  please advise.  my skin is really dry due to the redness.  i recently tried "Clinque" the redness cream but didnt work.  i m so desparate.

      thanks

      Tina

      From: Elena Mutter <emgm42000@yahoo. com>
      To: rosacea-support@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, January 23, 2009, 9:21

      Hi Ellen, my rosacea is the burning kind also and redness has started for me too. The Blemish and Redness Control has been the best thing I have EVER tried in the over twenty years that I've had rosacea. I'd definitely try that. There should be testimonials in the catalog you received. Use this sparingly, a little goes a long way. Be careful around the eye area. I use it at night but some use it day and night. I also use the Super-rich moisturizer. ........FANTASTI C......it' s been about four years since I've been able to use ANY conventional moisturizer on my face.. All I've been able to stand are oils. This really has been a blessing. My face no longer burns and stings and the redness is better than in a very long time. Can't say enough about these products. I am going to be trying more from their line but will most definitely stay with these two as my main rosacea care. Hope this helps and good luck.

      Take care,
      Elena

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2009
        Hi Diane,

        You know the smell of the Capillary Calming Serum is similar to the smell of the Dr. Haushka homeopathic skin care line. I do find though, sometimes when I am in a hurry I forget to apply the Super-rich moisturizer in the morning and eventually my skin does not feel tight after the initial washing and putting the serum on.

        If you want to try the Purple Emu Super-rich moisturizer just go to the purple emu site and order it there. I don't find it too thick at all and I have normally oily skin (Italian). The dryness is weird because as dry as the seb derm and rosacea make my skin, I still have an oily nose and this moisturizer has balanced my skin. Well, that's the best way I can put it. I have NO MORE seb derm symptoms wihatsoever now. NONE. The rosace has been tougher, but that is much better too. And you know what, if you do find that you can't use the moisturizer on your face, it's not a wash because you can use it on your hands and elbows and feet and whatever. I know it's a pain to keep buying products that don't work, but that's what I've always done with moisturizers that I can't use on my face so they don't go to waste.

        I found the same thing you did with the oils. They are a short term fix. Immediate relief when you put it on but it wears off fast. Well, I know it's a hard decision, Diane and I wish you the best.

        From: Elena Mutter <emgm42000@yahoo. com>
        To: rosacea-support@ yahoogroups. com
        Date: Friday, January 23, 2009, 9:21