Re: [rosacea] RE: EU close to banning Tea Tree Oil & Salmonella

  • Sherrell-Lynn Johnson
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 1, 2009
      Jasper,

      Just one more note on the last email......how other people percieve you isn't your responsibility.  You should be you...plain and simple.  I can't imagine everyone acting, saying and sounding the same way....BORING!!    I feel that when others want to change someones way of doing something it has alot to do with control.  Rem the old saying:  You can please some of the people some of the time but not all the people all the time.  So why stress yourself trying to do the impossible.

      Thanks again for the time you put into to the group.  I look foward to your input.  Have a great New Year!!

      Sherrell-Lynn

      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 1, 2009
        nice one sherrell .. actually in this case it was mostly concern about
        aggressive emails from aggressive people. totally unwanted type of
        attention. anyway thanks for your kind words, have a great new year.

        <deputyfred1@...> wrote:

        > Jasper,
        > �
        > Just one more note on the last email......how other people percieve
        you isn't your responsibility.� You should be you...plain and simple.�
        I can't imagine everyone acting, saying and sounding the same
        way....BORING!!� � I feel that when others want to change someones way
        of doing something it has alot to do with control.� Rem the old
        saying:� You can please some of the people some of the time but not
        all the people all the time.� So why stress yourself trying to do the
        impossible.�
        > �
        > Thanks again for the time you put into to the group.� I look foward
        to your input.� Have a great New Year!!
        > �
        > Sherrell-Lynn
        > �
        > �
        > �
        >

        > �
        > �
        > �
        > �
        > �
        > �
        > �

      • Elena Mutter
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 3, 2009
          Amen to that Woody! I'm still on the fence about the dangers of TTO. Can't say I'm buying into it all. There are tons of foods that mimic estrogen too that you'd go crazy trying to keep them all at bay. That said, I do keep TTO, Lavendar Oil, soy products, dairy and meats that have hormons in them, to the best of my ability, away from my 13 year old son. But again, this is no easy feat. As to the rest of the TTO issues, (the possible link to staph), I didn't get that that was a clear picture. I'd love for Dan and David to comment on all this. But yes, for now, I am sticking with the Purple Emu Blemish and Redness Relief cream also.

          Take care,
          Elena

          Message 4 of 24 , Jan 3, 2009
            just a gentle note that TTO does not 'mimic', it 'mutates' hormones -
            totally different to whatever else you mentioned there - except the
            lavender oil, that is also an extremely, extremely dangerous hormonal
            metagen.

            just mentioning in case people thought it was correct that TTO and
            lavender can be classed alongside soy products.

            soy products, if not fermented, actually block the uptake of calcium
            and iron, and must be closely looked at by every individual, with
            their own health professional.

            personally, it became apparent that the garbage known as western style
            soy milk actually was one of the contributing factors in the early
            stages of my own previous rosacea. so therefore, i am always certain
            to avoid that stuff, hormonal mimicing or not.

            regards

            Jasper

            --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, Elena Mutter <emgm42000@...>
            wrote:

            > Amen to that Woody! I'm still on the fence about the dangers of
            TTO. Can't say I'm buying into it all. There are tons of foods that
            mimic estrogen too that you'd go crazy trying to keep them all at bay.
            That said, I do keep TTO, Lavendar Oil, soy products, dairy and
            meats that have hormons in them, to the best of my ability, away from
            my 13 year old son. But again, this is no easy feat. As to the rest
            of the TTO issues, (the possible link to staph), I didn't get that
            that was a clear picture. I'd love for Dan and David to comment on
            all this. But yes, for now, I am sticking with the Purple Emu
            Blemish and Redness Relief cream also.

            > Take care,
            > Elena

          • gabri_gallo
            Message 5 of 24 , Jan 3, 2009
              Jasper, where can I read about that? I am allergic to milk, so I
              drinks soy milk. Researching on the internet, there are so many
              mixed messages -- so if you know of a good resource, I would be very
              grateful.

              Thanks!

              Gabriella

              --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "jasper_vader"
              <jasper_vader@...> wrote:

              > just a gentle note that TTO does not 'mimic', it 'mutates'
              hormones -
              > totally different to whatever else you mentioned there - except the
              > lavender oil, that is also an extremely, extremely dangerous
              hormonal
              > metagen.
              >
              > just mentioning in case people thought it was correct that TTO and
              > lavender can be classed alongside soy products.
              >
              > soy products, if not fermented, actually block the uptake of calcium
              > and iron, and must be closely looked at by every individual, with
              > their own health professional.
              >
              > personally, it became apparent that the garbage known as western
              style
              > soy milk actually was one of the contributing factors in the early
              > stages of my own previous rosacea. so therefore, i am always certain
              > to avoid that stuff, hormonal mimicing or not.
              >

              > regards
              >

              > Jasper
              >

              > --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, Elena Mutter <emgm42000@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Amen to that Woody! I'm still on the fence about the dangers of
              > TTO. Can't say I'm buying into it all. There are tons of foods
              that
              > mimic estrogen too that you'd go crazy trying to keep them all at
              bay.
              > That said, I do keep TTO, Lavendar Oil, soy products, dairy and
              > meats that have hormons in them, to the best of my ability, away
              from
              > my 13 year old son. But again, this is no easy feat. As to the
              rest
              > of the TTO issues, (the possible link to staph), I didn't get that
              > that was a clear picture. I'd love for Dan and David to comment on
              > all this. But yes, for now, I am sticking with the Purple Emu
              > Blemish and Redness Relief cream also.
              > >
              > > Take care,
              > > Elena

            • jasper_vader
              Message 6 of 24 , Jan 3, 2009
                here's a good link:
                http://www.healingdaily.com/detoxification-diet/soy.htm

                in there they claim that feeding soy-milk formula to babies is child
                abuse... this is a concerning use of words ... like really, if one did
                not know about this concern, then 'child abuse' would be a completely
                misleading term, and never used in such a situation - way too hurtful
                and inflammatory.

                if people do not know the dangers of soy, and then feed it to their
                children, it is merely an innocent - or ignorant - mistake, yet should
                not be classed as abuse.

                so, i do have a bit of an issue with the words they use, however the
                information seems solid. in the health industries, strong words have
                been used on both sides, although to be honest, it all began when
                Monsanto saw a gigantic industry way back in the 70's, where people
                wanted alternatives, and so it actually started the anti-dairy health
                movement. of all people - Monsanto! they are aiming to own all
                commercial seed stock in the world by 2015, and through GE tech,
                ensure that one seed only produces fruit in ONE season and produces no
                viable seed at all.

                that is where Monsanto is at.

                for many years i thought i was allergic to milk, however i am not, and
                the more i drink the healthier i am. this is because of my genes and
                my heritage - i do not boast, it just simply is the way it is.

                milk does not "mimic" hormones, and nor does meat.. however, both
                products may indeed "contain" hormones, whether naturally or otherwise.

                anyway, dairy and meat products should never be classed next to soy.

                Soy "Mimics" estrogen hormones. that means it has substances that
                behave "like" hormones (and yet can be many times more powerful).

                if you really are allergic to milk as some people are, perhaps try
                "Oat Milk", until finding something else better? needs tp be given a
                good shake to mix the solution. i would try to purchase it in a format
                other than the foil-lined cartons that soy comes in, however if that
                is not possible, at least it isnt soy.

                best regards,

                Jasper

                --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "gabri_gallo"
                <gabri_gallo@...> wrote:

                > Jasper, where can I read about that? I am allergic to milk, so I
                > drinks soy milk. Researching on the internet, there are so many
                > mixed messages -- so if you know of a good resource, I would be very
                > grateful.
                >
                > Thanks!
                >
                > Gabriella
                >
                > --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "jasper_vader"
                > <jasper_vader@> wrote:
                > >
                > > just a gentle note that TTO does not 'mimic', it 'mutates'
                > hormones -
                > > totally different to whatever else you mentioned there - except the
                > > lavender oil, that is also an extremely, extremely dangerous
                > hormonal
                > > metagen.
                > >
                > > just mentioning in case people thought it was correct that TTO and
                > > lavender can be classed alongside soy products.
                > >
                > > soy products, if not fermented, actually block the uptake of calcium
                > > and iron, and must be closely looked at by every individual, with
                > > their own health professional.
                > >
                > > personally, it became apparent that the garbage known as western
                > style
                > > soy milk actually was one of the contributing factors in the early
                > > stages of my own previous rosacea. so therefore, i am always certain
                > > to avoid that stuff, hormonal mimicing or not.
                > >

                > > regards
                > >

                > > Jasper
                > >

                > > --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, Elena Mutter <emgm42000@>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Amen to that Woody! I'm still on the fence about the dangers of
                > > TTO. Can't say I'm buying into it all. There are tons of foods
                > that
                > > mimic estrogen too that you'd go crazy trying to keep them all at
                > bay.
                > > That said, I do keep TTO, Lavendar Oil, soy products, dairy and
                > > meats that have hormons in them, to the best of my ability, away
                > from
                > > my 13 year old son. But again, this is no easy feat. As to the
                > rest
                > > of the TTO issues, (the possible link to staph), I didn't get that
                > > that was a clear picture. I'd love for Dan and David to comment on
                > > all this. But yes, for now, I am sticking with the Purple Emu
                > > Blemish and Redness Relief cream also.
                > > >
                > > > Take care,
                > > > Elena

              • DAVID LEE DURHAM
                Message 7 of 24 , Jan 3, 2009
                  FYI, I found a website, teatreewonders.com that talks about various myths concerning tea tree oil. One first one being that it causes boys to grow breasts, a condition called Gynecomastia. There is also a link there that disputes this myth, that was quite lengthy if anyone wants to read all of it.
                  Lee

                  --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com<mailto:rosacea-support%40yahoogroups.com>, Elena Mutter <emgm42000@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Amen to that Woody! I'm still on the fence about the dangers of
                  TTO. Can't say I'm buying into it all. There are tons of foods that
                  mimic estrogen too that you'd go crazy trying to keep them all at bay.
                  That said, I do keep TTO, Lavendar Oil, soy products, dairy and
                  meats that have hormons in them, to the best of my ability, away from
                  my 13 year old son. But again, this is no easy feat. As to the rest
                  of the TTO issues, (the possible link to staph), I didn't get that
                  that was a clear picture. I'd love for Dan and David to comment on
                  all this. But yes, for now, I am sticking with the Purple Emu
                  Blemish and Redness Relief cream also.

                  > Take care,
                  > Elena

                • Matthew I
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jan 3, 2009
                    Yeah it's not�nice to hear bad information when you think you've found something good, I'm bummed out too Elena. Although this is for the best, I know I dont want to be growing a set of boobs!, so thanks for alerting us to that Jasper, I was previously unaware of the health warning.

                    According to the original article that Jasper posted,

                    "Cosmetic products, such as shampoo and bath oils, that use the oil in concentrations of less than 1 per cent are safe"

                    I sent an e-mail to the body shop asking for�the concentrations of the TTO in the products that I use. I received a reply stating that the foaming facial wash uses�a 1% TTO concentration, and the mattifying moisture gel contains 0.5%.

                    They seem to be in the desired range of safety specified by the European scientists, however I'd like to do a little more research. I also wonder whether the Demodex (or the bacteria Bacillus Oleronious on them) experience the same affect as the 'superbugs' like salmonella listed in the previous article, and that�concentrations of TTO < 4% do not effectively kill them, only activate their defense mechanisms.

                    Any ideas Jasper? or anyone?

                    Matt.
                    You know, I couldn't be more upset about all this with the TTO. I finally buy the purple emu Blemish Redness Control, it works utterly FANTASTIC, I have relief I haven't had in four years, and now THIS! IT's like a nasty cosmic joke! I don't know what the heck to do now!

                    Really bummed out,
                    Elena

                    Stay connected to the people that matter most with a smarter inbox. Take a look http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/smarterinbox

                  • Aurelia.Dawn
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jan 3, 2009
                      Hi Gabriella,

                      > Researching on the internet, there are so many mixed messages <

                      If you will excuse me for adding my opinion, I think Wikipedia has become a pretty good general research toolbecause they cover competing views (with back-up links) and try hard to avoid being used to promote a one-sided view of anything controversial.

                      I'm generally more impressed by sites that try to be balanced, even if they do then come down in favour of one side.

                      Also, it's worth remembering that the whole truth is rarely known on any scientific matter, so it can be reassuring to see arguments peppered with "I believe", "it is thought", "we suspect", "perhaps", "maybe", "possibly", etc. Just my two cents worth.

                      Kind regards,

                      Aurelia
                    • jasper_vader
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jan 3, 2009
                        thanks for seeking to contribute a balanced view to the conversation.

                        however my concern is with the website's intentions:

                        "The number two reason? People have a business or product line that
                        includes the oil of the tea tree , and they want more ideas on it's
                        use and benefits.

                        The third reason people find my site is they have similar interest in
                        herbs, essential oils, health and wellness. They might also have an
                        interest in developing an online presence and have been referred to my
                        site as an example. "

                        so, of course they will write in favour of tea tree oil.

                        anyway, that said, please point to the direct refutation of TTO
                        mutating testosterone into estrogen in young boys?

                        very important to review all facts, and i thank you for your contribution.

                        --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "DAVID LEE DURHAM"

                        rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com<mailto:rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com>
                        > Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2009 3:51 PM
                        > Subject: Re: [rosacea] RE: EU close to banning Tea Tree Oil &
                        Salmonella

                        > just a gentle note that TTO does not 'mimic', it 'mutates' hormones -
                        > totally different to whatever else you mentioned there - except the
                        > lavender oil, that is also an extremely, extremely dangerous hormonal
                        > metagen.
                        >
                        > just mentioning in case people thought it was correct that TTO and
                        > lavender can be classed alongside soy products.
                        >
                        > soy products, if not fermented, actually block the uptake of calcium
                        > and iron, and must be closely looked at by every individual, with
                        > their own health professional.
                        >
                        > personally, it became apparent that the garbage known as western style
                        > soy milk actually was one of the contributing factors in the early
                        > stages of my own previous rosacea. so therefore, i am always certain
                        > to avoid that stuff, hormonal mimicing or not.
                        >
                        > regards
                        >
                        > Jasper
                        >
                        > --- In
                        rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com<mailto:rosacea-support%40yahoogroups.com>,
                        Elena Mutter <emgm42000@>
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Amen to that Woody! I'm still on the fence about the dangers of
                        > TTO. Can't say I'm buying into it all. There are tons of foods that
                        > mimic estrogen too that you'd go crazy trying to keep them all at bay.
                        > That said, I do keep TTO, Lavendar Oil, soy products, dairy and
                        > meats that have hormons in them, to the best of my ability, away from
                        > my 13 year old son. But again, this is no easy feat. As to the rest
                        > of the TTO issues, (the possible link to staph), I didn't get that
                        > that was a clear picture. I'd love for Dan and David to comment on
                        > all this. But yes, for now, I am sticking with the Purple Emu
                        > Blemish and Redness Relief cream also.
                        > >
                        > > Take care,
                        > > Elena

                      • jasper_vader
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jan 3, 2009
                          the boobs on boys claims are only for the young, pre/onset of
                          adolescence.. and only in extreme cases.

                          however, i do believe that TTO can effect sexuality preference changes
                          in men.

                          this is, again, another theory.

                          and really, it should not necessarily be trumpeted as a matter of
                          concern, for if a man is straight, bi, or gay, there really should be
                          no judgement of his sexual choice.

                          so, i do not warn about TTO as regards male sexuality as such ..

                          personally, i go out with females, and basically i do not wish to be
                          affected by a hormonal mutagenic influence unduly, especially without
                          my knowledge.

                          also, i do not think that TTO's influence alone could greatly
                          influence a man's sexuality, if there were no other factors at work,
                          however perhaps in strong combinations, it might.

                          as regards women however, the issue is more concerning. there's a
                          range of issues as the body produces estrogen in different ways and
                          amounts, naturally, later in life, and especially at these times, TTO
                          must be avoided at all costs due to a range of potential concerns
                          which i should not really go on about, as it would be ignorance on my
                          behalf, fear mongering, and that is of no benefit to the group.

                          it is essential to remain calm, and not react to quickly or strongly
                          to any info - good or otherwise.

                          for example, the "Sans Rosa" is rumoured to be released this year, and
                          yet the group's wise founder, David Pascoe, calls for moderation and
                          no excessive celebrations regarding this fact .. very balanced, and
                          very sensible.

                          best regards

                          Jasper

                          Message 12 of 24 , Jan 3, 2009
                            a lighthearted note as regards not reacting too strongly to
                            information, whether supposedly of concern or not ..

                            for me, extreme laughter is sometimes a trigger for ocular rosacea
                            symptoms.

                            i was friends with a few delightful girls who all thought it was
                            hilarious that in Ballina (east coast town in Australia), there is a
                            service station with a takeaway/dine-in restaurant, inside a gigantic
                            prawn about 150 metres high.

                            we would shout snappily at each other:

                            "Ballina!"

                            "Ballina!"

                            "Ballina, luv! the Big Prawn!"

                            "Big Prawn! Ballina!"

                            effecting the most extreme aussie accent, far and above what we
                            actually sound like.

                            "Oi, i got two words for ya luv!"

                            "what's that mate??"

                            "Coffs Harbour - the Big Banana!!"

                            "Aww, the Big Banana!"

                            "Coffs Harbour! Big Banana!"

                            and then another would chime in..

                            "Maroochydoore! Big Pineapple!!"

                            for abstract random relief, because we were yelling, one of the girls
                            would then suddenly shout "Yelgun!!" (a town on the way to Maroochydoore).

                            and so forth. enormous hilarity, we would collapse in fits of
                            laughter. however for some reason, it would bring on ocular rosacea
                            symptoms for me. i have no idea why except that there is an emotional
                            content in ocular rosacea?

                            and then, unexplainedly, another group of friends started doing the
                            same silly play on words, same aussie over-accent, with no connection
                            at all to the other group of friends, or any reference from me ... so,
                            again, another concern for ocular rosacea symptoms, as we all would
                            nearly fall over with laughter.

                            "I've got seventeen words for ya!! Ballina Big Prawn .. etc etc.."

                            "oh, oh dear ... it's funny every time!!"

                            and indeed it was.
                            ah, friends are good.

                            best regards,

                            Jasper
                          • Woody
                            Message 13 of 24 , Jan 4, 2009
                              What I don't understand is the "staph" thing. I have another wonderful
                              genetic issue with sebaceous cysting - mainly on my face of course. The
                              cycts kick up when they are infected and the old cure was to head for the
                              drug store with a script for antibiotics. Now when my face starts to blow
                              up from one of these cysts I just use my Blemish Control and it disappears.
                              If the TTO causes infections - why is the Blemish stopping it?? Plus I find
                              that since I started using the cream I have a lot less problems with the
                              cysts infecting and becoming a problem for me to begin with.

                              Our cancer rate is now 1 in 3 so I think I'll worry more about what I ingest
                              for now. There are only so many hours in the day to research what is good
                              and bad for us and we each have to pick our own battles or panic points.
                              That being said, I must thank everyone on this board for all their research
                              on our behalf's. I have learned more on this list in the past few years
                              than I could have every found on my own. The pros and cons of every issue
                              post with their research and save me a ton of time investigating on my own.
                              Thank you to all of you who have so diligently worked at educating us all J

                              Woody

                              --- On Wed, 12/31/08, Woody <woody1046@... <mailto:woody1046%40aol.com>

                              Message 14 of 24 , Jan 4, 2009
                                Thanks Jasper and Aurelia! I only drink at most a cup a day (in
                                coffee or tea) and alternate with Rice Milk, so I think "perhaps"
                                this shouldn't be too big of a problem.

                                Gabriella

                                --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "Aurelia.Dawn"
                                <aurelia.dawn@...> wrote:

                                > Hi Gabriella,
                                >
                                > > Researching on the internet, there are so many mixed messages <
                                >
                                > If you will excuse me for adding my opinion, I think Wikipedia has
                                become a pretty good general research toolbecause they cover
                                competing views (with back-up links) and try hard to avoid being used
                                to promote a one-sided view of anything controversial.

                                > I'm generally more impressed by sites that try to be balanced, even
                                if they do then come down in favour of one side.

                                > Also, it's worth remembering that the whole truth is rarely known
                                on any scientific matter, so it can be reassuring to see arguments
                                peppered with "I believe", "it is thought", "we
                                suspect", "perhaps", "maybe", "possibly", etc. Just my two cents
                                worth.

                                > Kind regards,
                                >
                                > Aurelia

                              • jasper_vader
                                Message 15 of 24 , Jan 4, 2009
                                  ironically, you raise one of the concerns about westerners' "opinion"
                                  of soy.
                                  they believe they know what a 'small' and 'large' amount is .. well,
                                  dont be so sure.

                                  you are not drinking traditional asian fermented soy milk for a start.
                                  this is one of the most poisonous substances and could be actually
                                  causing or continuing rosacea - i know soy milk consumption was one of
                                  the major factors for me.

                                  i do not wish to scare you, however this is a major health mistake
                                  that many westerners make, thinking just a cup of soy milk or a tofu
                                  burger is fine every couple of days. well, you said it, that is your
                                  freedom of choice.

                                  my freedom of speech allows me to say without a shadow of a doubt, a
                                  cup of soy milk per day could be on eof the most toxic substances your
                                  body ever meets - and it is a 'large' quantity btw.

                                  not wishing to paint you in any sort of negative light, just
                                  explaining my attitude and belief after years of research about the
                                  toxic product known as 'soy milk' .. or any kind of non-traditional
                                  soy product.

                                  basically the only safe way to eat soy is as a specially fermented
                                  condiment, used on a side plate and consumed in small degress similar
                                  to an amount of horseradish, or tomato sauce.

                                  there is a massive vegetarian movement behind western soy products,
                                  and that movement is unknowingly backed by the international pesticide
                                  giant called Monsanto.

                                  some vegetarians claim tofu is "monk's meat" - that is what my bigoted
                                  friends called it, whilst demanding that no one cook normal meat in
                                  the share house. and yet just a small amount can inhibit uptake of
                                  iron and calcium from even a "normal" omnivorous diet - and this
                                  negative effect can also be magnified many times in a man's system if
                                  his genes come from nordic/celtic origin. people of asian heritage
                                  still need to only use the proper fermented soy condiment, and not try
                                  to use western-produced soy product.

                                  <gabri_gallo@...> wrote:

                                  > Thanks Jasper and Aurelia! I only drink at most a cup a day (in
                                  > coffee or tea) and alternate with Rice Milk, so I think "perhaps"
                                  > this shouldn't be too big of a problem.
                                  >
                                  > Gabriella

                                • jasper_vader
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Jan 4, 2009
                                    as regards TTO, one of my health concerns is that if it got near the
                                    eye, my vision went blurry for hours (unable to read a computer
                                    monitor for those hours) .. this was a great concern to me, having
                                    been shot in the face at the age of 14, i already lost 80 percent
                                    vision in my left eye.

                                    however, as regards topical use on cheeks, etc .. it is so good that
                                    you have found something that works for you now. perhaps consider
                                    finding 'extra' products, slowly, like, over the space of one year or so..

                                    oh dear, i never mentioned this before, however if there is no other
                                    product that works, then surely, you must use the one that does? i
                                    know only too well how hurtful rosacea symptoms can be. ugh, the pain,
                                    the shame, the viscious cycle, the gloating uber-confident stares of
                                    the arrogant fellows who know you would be a comptetitor far above
                                    their level when it comes to chasing beautiful women, were it not for
                                    the burnt cheek look, etc etc.

                                    thing is tho, seems you have not tried Clearasil Vanishing Cream, nor
                                    tried the Ultra dabbed on top of papules .. this can effectively help
                                    you if you try it ... or how about the Clean and Clear "oil control"
                                    salicylic acid toner .. or Loreal for men Deep Purifying Gel Wash ..
                                    not that you have mentioned anyway.

                                    you have not mentioned trying the Wella Remove Peeling
                                    wash/conditioner, and yet this can also work wonders on the cheeks ..
                                    nor have you replied to my post about removing papule "environments"
                                    by gently removing all surface cheek hair follicles around it with
                                    tweezers.

                                    you explain how your sebacious gland issues can result in infected
                                    areas .. well, if you dont want to use anti-biotics, why are you using
                                    TTO products? TTO is anti-biotic, and hormonally mutagenic at the same
                                    time. you mention "one in three" cancer statistic fear, however you do
                                    not realise that actually the use of TTO by women can wreak havoc on
                                    their bodies in later life, much more so than men, so perhaps stop and
                                    consider before you start throwing statistic around, distracting from
                                    the issue.

                                    any good well-researched doctor can tell you that if a woman puts tea
                                    tree oil under her arms, on the gland area there, as a "safe natural
                                    deodorant product", there may be a risk of cancer in response to that.

                                    there are benefits (short or long term depends on the person) via
                                    anti-biotic and anti-bacterial action of TTO on infected/infested
                                    skin, and yet there are massive concerns for women about this product.
                                    if you get upset about hearing this, remember there are other options
                                    you have not tried, and also it is not about you, or your skin, it is
                                    about the entire female population of the human race having TTO
                                    marketed to them as a helpful product.

                                    Woody, please do not focus on the side issue of 'staph immunity' ..
                                    indeed,
                                    that was from another poster who found that some bacteria from low
                                    level TTO usage was actually being immunised.

                                    you are right in presuming that under normal circumstances, TTO will
                                    eradicate some staph infection. Anti-biotics can do this too, however
                                    if they are not used appropriately, they can cause immunity too ..
                                    however that is more of a "usage issue".

                                    TTO is just acting as an anti-biotic because it is a form of that,
                                    pure and simple.

                                    ultimately, it is necessary to clear the double edged sword of
                                    "Infection and Infestation" slowly but surely out of your system.. and
                                    then not use any heavy product overly much.
                                    to some degree, emotional issues will play a role in regulating this
                                    cycle, so it is not only hygiene/supplements/topicals .. i do realise
                                    it is a wholistic approach, i just dont think TTO fits into a healthy
                                    approach, especially for women.
                                    it is not fine, for many people. if you think it is fine for you, go
                                    ahead and use it. Especially if there is no alternative.

                                    also, supplementation will help - things such as John O'Neills
                                    Co-Enzyme Q10 (200mg each meal); Neo Life Formula IV (wheat germ
                                    embryo extract, etc .. the most ultimate multi vitamin you ever saw),
                                    Venotrex (horse-chestnut extract for vein integrity), Zyrtec to stop
                                    the allergic door-opening process, an aspro once each three days or
                                    so, with a meal... to reduce cytokites and leukotrine cycles

                                    i guess the idea is that if TTO continues to be promoted as a "benign"
                                    subtance, people will think it is fine to just treat symptoms with it.
                                    therefore, i am going to start telling the truth, or what i believe to
                                    be the truth. if you wish to continually question, then i will
                                    continually answer.

                                    if you see no other alternative to TTO, please do not feel upset if
                                    others are taking the time to patiently explain that this substance is
                                    one of the most dangerous on the planet, because it is touted as
                                    "healthy". and if you do not wish to talk about, mention, try or
                                    consider any of the techniques i have explained, that is your
                                    perogative. perhaps in the future, you may gain some help from trying
                                    them, especially if any current emotional charge about the benefits of
                                    supposed "natural and good" TTO has faded.

                                    many of us at the board found great relief from a substance known as
                                    "Quadrinone", and were very upset and confused when it was taken off
                                    the shelves, merely because it made a medical claim that was not 100
                                    percent backed up. there wasnt even any health concerns at all.

                                    regards

                                    Jasper

                                    --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "Woody" <woody1046@...> wrote:

                                    > What I don't understand is the "staph" thing. I have another wonderful
                                    > genetic issue with sebaceous cysting - mainly on my face of course. The
                                    > cycts kick up when they are infected and the old cure was to head
                                    for the
                                    > drug store with a script for antibiotics. Now when my face starts
                                    to blow
                                    > up from one of these cysts I just use my Blemish Control and it
                                    disappears.
                                    ..