Re: [rosacea] moisturizing / dryness

  • DAVID LEE DURHAM
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
      Hi Chris,
      It's interesting what you said about living in Europe for 8 years and your derms never recommended doing anything about your condition, then that changed when you moved here. I can relate to this. I've had Rosacea for over 20 years. Very early on, my derm said well it's probably Rosacea, but he never recommended doing anything. So I never did. Except that I gave up 3 things I knew caused me to flare up which was direct sunlight, drinking alcohol and soaking in hot bathes. So over the years (fast forward 20) my Rosacea has stayed relatively mild. I never really stressed about it to much and it's never re acted to much. Although more since I've reached menopause and have hormonal issues. The less "Stuff" I use on my face the better off I am. As to New Mexico dryness well welcome to the club. I live in Colorado and we are also dry dry dry, as well as high high high. Altitude that is. You can hang something outside that is sopping wet in the sun and it will dry in 1 hour. No kidding. The best moisturizer that I can think of is not necessarily what you would want to hear about, but it is vaseline. My derm recommended it many many years ago. He said contrary to thought it does NOT clog your pores but rather seals in your moisture. At night after face washing, I was scoop out a bit of vaseline and rub well between my palms then press my palms against my face. I never would actually rub my face. It doesn't look very attractive but it worked for me. What kinds of symptoms do you have? Redness, dryness, p&p's, lumpy bumpy skin? What are you hoping to accomplish with Finacea and Reinol?
      Lee
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 3, 2008
        --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "DAVID LEE DURHAM"
        <DDavleedurham@...> wrote:

        > The less "Stuff" I use on my face the better off I am.

        Yeah, I'm starting to think this may apply to me as well.

        >The best moisturizer that I can think of is not necessarily what you
        would want to hear about, but it is vaseline. My derm recommended it
        many many years ago. He said contrary to thought it does NOT clog your
        pores but rather seals in your moisture.

        Wow -- I would never have thought of that!

        >What kinds of symptoms do you have? Redness, dryness, p&p's, lumpy
        >bumpy skin? What are you hoping to accomplish with Finacea and >Reinol?

        Redness, gradual formation of tiny veins and p&p's after I've been
        exposed to my triggers (or perhaps for just no reason at all).

        Chris