Re: [rosacea] eye issues

  • Candy Hughes
    Message 1 of 11 , May 31, 2008
      every time I get that little eye "tic" feeling, I've been under
      stress, or not getting enough sleep, and I find for me that taking one
      extra vitamin B complex tablet, for the next 2 or 3 days, is enough to
      make it quit

      try it out, it's cheap, can't hurt you --- all it may do is turn your
      urine a brighter yellow

      if that doesn't do the trick, something else may be going on, but what
      do you have to lose ?
    • Pete
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 1, 2008
        I have the same and wash/scrub my lids every morning.I never realized
        that not everybody woke up with crusty eyes untill I was diagnosed
        with facial rosacea.One good thing for me is my contacts are like wet
        band aids to my eyes....really helps a lot.... Pete

        >Hi Julie,
        >Ocular rosacea is very real. And terribly annoying. In the morning I
        >use a very very warm and wet washcloth and hold it on my eyes till
        >it cools. You could do this a few times a day if you needed to. I
        >also use Restasis. Big help and in between artificial tears. It
        >probably wouldn't hurt to go to the eye doctor. Restasis is a
        >prescription necessary item. Good luck. Elizabeth
        >
        >Elizabeth and Mick Finn
        >LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL.......

      • DAVID LEE DURHAM
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 1, 2008
          Julie,
          Yes any eye twitches or spasms are annoying and one wonders why
          we get them. I've heard that they are generally just eye stress as
          you said. Eye stress could probably be more than just staying up late.
          Do you use a computer a lot, are you reading more than usual etc.
          But one thing that jumped out at me in your post was the part about
          Estradiol, being on a low dose. You don't say why you are on it, but
          I assume that if one is on Estradiol then it's because you are low. If
          you are low in Estradiol you are not hormonally balanced. When you
          are hormonally out of whack everything is affected. You don't have to
          be in menopause either to have this problem. As I am 51 and going
          through Meno I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about
          hormones. You can have hormone issues at really any age nowadays
          what with the weird things in our food and water, disrupting every-
          thing. Anyhow low Estradiol

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 1, 2008
            Sorry my post flew out before I was finished. (This stupid pad on
            my laptop!!!!) Guess I was saying about Estradiol that when one
            is low in Estrogen you can definitely have dry eyes, as well as
            everything else can dry up too. Please don't think just adding
            a little Estradiol is somehow safer than a normal dose. If you are
            taking Bio-identical Estradiol then you are good, but you need
            enough of it to matter. The burning can also be dry eyes too.
            But if it continues have your eye doctor check out your eyes.
            There are lots of drops that can help.
            Lee

          • Ricknmel90@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 1, 2008
              i've seen eye lid wash that they sell at wal-mart optical dept. a friend
              showed it to me because when i wear mascara i get an itchy spot on my eyelid.
              but anyways you might want to check on it for the problem your having. :)

              In a message dated 6/1/2008 8:36:02 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
              wrkdforit@... writes:

              I have the same and wash/scrub my lids every morning.I never realized
              that not everybody woke up with crusty eyes untill I was diagnosed
              with facial rosacea.One good thing for me is my contacts are like wet
              band aids to my eyes....really helps a lot.... Pete

              >Hi Julie,
              >Ocular rosacea is very real. And terribly annoying. In the morning I
              >use a very very warm and wet washcloth and hold it on my eyes till
              >it cools. You could do this a few times a day if you needed to. I
              >also use Restasis. Big help and in between artificial tears. It
              >probably wouldn't hurt to go to the eye doctor. Restasis is a
              >prescription necessary item. Good luck. Elizabeth
              >
              >Elizabeth and Mick Finn
              >LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL.......

              Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

            • Julie
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 1, 2008
                Thanks so much for all the comments.  Ahh....the crusty issue.  Is that a rosacea thing?  Every morning I have white dry gunk around my eyes.  Yuck.

                My contact lenses may be playing some role in the eye twitches, so I'm wearing glasses for a few days to see if it resolves.  I know that my eyes are very dry, so dry eyes and contact lenses are not the greatest combination.

                Thanks again.

                Julie

              • barbarahelene286@aol.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 1, 2008
                  I have posted this before: Per optometrist advice, now taking 4 1000 mg fish
                  oil capsules per day (face is much less red and reactive as well), morning
                  and evening, more if necessary; flood my eyes with entire single-use vial of
                  artificial tears (Thera-Tears preservative free); and started wearing daily
                  disposable contact lenses for the rare very-dressy occasion.

                  All has helped enormously. Good luck.