Comments

  • strgzr153@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2001
      Hello to all members...

      I'm on my soapbox today to say that I am feeling very dismayed by all the
      emails I've read......the subjects being creams, medicine, lotions,
      antibiotics etc

      Why does everyone feel so compelled to use all these items? The Rosacea Diet
      has given us 'keys to the kingdom of healthy skin". I have had Rosacea for
      two years prior to finding the Rosacea Diet and I also have discoid Lupus
      eruptions on my face and believe me I have not been a 'happy camper' about
      having both conditions to resolve. I couldn't even tolerate having sunlight
      in my house or the glare from my computer....even while I used medicinal
      creams and gobs of sunblock.
      It was at the height of my frustration that I began to research the web and
      found this diet......AND IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM!

      Its been two months now and my rosaea barely is visible and the deep red raw
      Lupus eruptions are beginning to fade. All my window shades are pulled up and
      no more sunblock. I still wear a sunhat when I go out, minimal sunblock and
      the greatest thing of all is that my face doesn't feel like its on fire.

      Here are a few things I have learned.....antibiotics wreck havoc with the
      intestinal flora and eventually the entire digestive tract......sugar
      intensifies this imbalance and so does yeast of any kind and also aged
      cheeses and vinegar..... information on this can be researched on the web
      and is often classified as candida. If you read 'Sugar Blues' you'll learn
      how insidious sugar is.

      After trying the rosacea diet and feeling awesome at the results.....I
      learned (for myself) high protein, minimal to no sugar every day, two slices
      of bread a week, no aged foods or vinegar helps in great measure. I
      reflected on a job I had many years ago in a convalescent
      hospital....patients were give ensure..a high protein liquid...to heal open
      wounds ....and it seemed like magic to watch the open wounds heal......so, in
      that reflection plus the info Brady shared with us, I concluded (for myself)
      that proteins have a far greated benefit then I ever realized.

      I really hope that my words have touched someone enough to re-evaluate their
      daily selection of foods....

      Lee Everett
      strgzr153@...

    • Kirchner, Kathryn
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2001
        Thanks, Lee, for your thoughts. I admit I haven't been able to get myself on
        the diet yet. My problem is that I don't eat dairy, which really wreaks
        havoc with my skin in the form of cystic acne, and I eat very little meat.
        So the diet isn't very easy for me to do, and I haven't taken the time to
        try to figure out how to make adjustments. I have, however, severely
        curtailed my sugar intake, with a goal of cutting it out completely.

        I think the diet is great for those who can follow it to the letter. Brady
        has made it easy because he has spelled it out for you. Maybe he can help
        me figure out how I can benefit without eating any dairy products. I suppose
        I'd be willing to eat some meat, but I prefer not to.

        Best wishes to all,

        Kathryn Kirchner
        kkirc@...

[...]

        http://www.rosaceadiet.com

      • Brady Barrows
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2001
          Kathryn,

          Your allergy to dairy resulting in cystic acne is a problem. It may be
          possible that once your rosacea is controlled by following the Rosacea Diet
          that you will no longer be allergic to dairy products alone. The problem is
          to get your rosacea under control first.

          Number one way to control your rosacea. Just eat meat and water. I would
          predict that
          in a week your rosacea will be under control, but it may be longer. The
          problem with this diet is that it will constipate you unless you drink LOTS
          and LOTS of water and chew your meat thoroughly.

          Number two way: Eat meat, water, and only greens like spinach, collards,
          swiss chard, and lettuce for a week and your rosacea should improve greatly,
          in a month it will be under control. Don't eat canned anything, only fresh
          meat and greens.

          Number three way is to try the Rosacea Diet for thirty days and substitute
          nothing for the dairy products, just simply eat more of the foods listed,
          except for the carbs to prove to yourself that this does control rosacea.
          Keep your carbs to 30 grams a day. I can't prove it to you, nor can anyone
          else, only you can do that.

          How can you avoid dairy for life, if you still are have cystic acne from it
          after trying one of the above suggestions? I guess the way you have been
          doing it. After your rosacea is controlled, you may find that it isn't the
          dairy, it is the sugar that is associated with dairy products. You just
          have to avoid carefully any sugar in dairy products.

          --
          Brady Barrows - webmaster for
          http://www.rosacea-control.com

          From: "Kirchner, Kathryn" <kkirc@...>
          Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 16:22:04 -0400
          To:
          "'rosacea-diet-users-support-group@yahoogroups.com'"<rosacea-diet-users-supp
          ort-group@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: RE: [rosacea-diet-users-support-group] Comments

[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          http://www.rosaceadiet.com

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • strgzr153@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2001
            Kathryn....your response gave me much food(smile) for thought and some ideas
            ....I am energized by the opportunity to share, if its ok with you.

            We can keep it simple by starting with one aspect of the rosacea diet....for
            instance........ what do you prefer to eat for protein? I was a strict
            vegetarian for 17 years..... so, maybe, I will think of a few possibilities
            to enhance your protein intake. I am not a vegie now, but I still rely on
            what I learned.

            Lee Everett
            strgzr153@...

          • emrauback@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 3, 2001
              Hi, I'm so glad to hear something positive about the diet... I just started
              it 3 days ago, no difference yet, but I guess it's too soon.

              Do you use artificial sweetener? How does that affect you?
              Elena
            • Debbie Freeberg-Renwick
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 5, 2001
                This is a message for Bart,

                Sorry everyone else. I can't get messages to you
                through the address you gave me. Could just be China.
                Will ask the doctor for recommendations when I go next
                week. Haven't forgotten about you...

                Debbie

                http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1