Hormones and Flare ups?

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2013
      Hello!
      Few of us have brought up hormones as potentially causing flare ups (aside from sugar, chili peppers, red wine stress and sweaty hot gym rooms).

      I find that right around ovulation and right before menstruation I may have a flare up. My extremities (hands and feet) can sometimes be cold (in the winter especially) while my face gets very hot. My circulation seems really messed up during these times in my cycle.

      My skin can be calm for the rest of the month though when my hormone levels are even. Anyone else?

      And I also find that taking a long brisk walk in the cool air will make the redness/heat/circulation-messed-upness subside during this time. Anyone else?

      (Thank goodness for the park right nearby. I've been walking 4-5 miles at a time sometimes to calm the redness/heat :)