Rosacea keratitis

  • Brady Barrows
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2008
      Here is a new rosacea 'complication' that is news to me:

      Rosacea keratitis is a complication of acne rosacea, a disease in which the skin
      of the face is affected first by pronounced flushing and later by the formation of
      nodules and pustules. The keratitis may cause severe pain and corneal scarring
      with impairment of vision. Patients with rosacea keratitis have unusually high levels
      and abnormal forms of an antimicrobial protein called cathelicidin,...

      http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/509626/rosacea-keratitis

      Brady
      group owner