Re: [rosacea-diet-users-support-group] hang in there...

  • Rachael M
    Message 1 of 73 , Sep 1 1:28 AM
      Elena, the Rosacea/Protein Power Diet is a very powerful way of eating for restoring health. Not just for clearing the skin. I use it with several of my patients in clinic (I have my acupuncture license in California) for various health problems, including GERD. It very well could happen that you could get off your meds, or at least reduce your dosage with your doctor's okay, PROVIDED you follow the Diet through to its maintenance level and basically remain with it. If you have any questions with the "30-Day" book, let me know.

      Yeah, the chocolate experiment. Actually, it wasn't quite an experiment -- I had a very good idea what was going to happen, or rather not happen. There's a lot to be said for following the plan the majority of the time. That way a short detour doesn't derail everything you've worked hard to do. But had I continued with the chocolate and gone back to eating poorly, yeah the chocolate run would have been a disaster. It pays to read labels carefully and be very choosy about what you put in your mouth ... LOL :)

      Rachael

      Message 73 of 73 , Sep 13 1:26 PM
        I hear you Pia.........I never put my summer tee shirts away. I just want to wear a sweater in the winter like everyone else!

        Pia S <danishrose2005@...> wrote:Hi Elena

        I'm not sure, I actually think I've been hotter than most people for a long time and also before Rosacea...but I think it's gotten worse...now it's so bad...I get colds for not wearing enough clothes ...geee

        Pia

        Elena Mutter <emgm42000@...> skrev:
        HI Pia, now my question to you is this: were you always hotter than most people or did you notice it started around the time you got Rosacea? I can connect my time frame to that time exactly but as Rachel mentions there are lots of factors. I was having my second child around that same time and I now have four children. But I have gotten hotter and hotter as the years pass. I just know that I was not always this way. I'd be curious to know if you can trace it to the Rosacea or anything else.

        Take care,
        Elena

        Pia S <danishrose2005@...> wrote:
        Hi Elena

        Funny you should mention it! YES! I'm "hotter" than most people. In the summer I find it difficult to get cold enough even a thin top and shorts are too much clothes!

        I wonder why that is?

        /Pia

        Elena Mutter <emgm42000@...> skrev:
        Hi Rachael. I marked on my personal calendar the date I started the diet and the cleansing regimen. Your bathroom sounds like mine LOL! I am a minimalist at heart and keep everything put away that I am not using on a regular basis. It really does help. I am pretty good with regimens like skin care and brushing and flossing (it's how I've always been. I am a creature of routine; so that helps). I am just so happy to be feeling better. Here's a question I would like to ask you Rachael and all others: do you find that with the Rosacea you are "hotter" than most people in general? To me when the temperature is 70 that is HOT to me. I don't get cold enough to put on a coat until it is below 40 degrees. I have not always been this way but began to notice this in my 20's after I got Rosacea. I did not connect it with the Rosacea at that time. Just figured I was a stay at home mom and was always cleaning, cooking and standing over hot water cleaning dishes, and chasing kids.
        But really, my air-conditioner is NEVER off from spring until late into October (I live in New England) and all winter, unless it is below 30 degrees, I have windows open and the heat is only on high enough to keep the pipes from freezing. I usually stick with short sleeved t-shirts all winter. It is a curious thing and my thyroid has been tested more than once (it runs in my family), but I really do think it is the Rosacea. Especially since I learned that it seems to be a vascular disease. Just curious if others suffering from this find that they run hotter than most "regular" people.

        Take care,
        Elena

        Rachael M <ratchie55@...> wrote:
        Lynne and Elena,

        I'm with the both of you having trouble sticking to routines ... unless they are very very simple routines. That's why I like starting off doing one thing -- and only one thing at a time -- and getting comfortable with just that one thing before I start adding in yet another routine.

        The thing with the Z cream is there's a commitment to 4 months to make sure the mites are eliminated. So, on a page I kept by my computer, I wrote down the date I started next to the date a month earlier I started the Diet and then figured out how I was going to get into the habit of putting the Z cream on at night and in the morning. I applied it twice a day. I know others only put it on at night. Then I didn't think anymore about the Z cream until I reached the ending date, except to look at my face in the mirror 3 gazillion times a day LOL :)

        To simplify matters, I moved everything off my bathroom counter and put it all away. So, the only thing that sat on my bathroom counter for 4 months was the Z cream, cotton balls in their container, some eye makeup (I didn't have ocular rosacea), my tooth brush, tooth paste and floss, and soap to wash my hands with. That's it!

        About 2 months into the Z cream treatment, I bought Toleraine Dermo Cleanser and Dr. Linda Sy's oatmeal cleanser and used them a couple times each week. But ... I kept them away in the cabinet to keep things simple on my bathroom cabinet.

        Rachael