Question re: Zhongzou

  • mhpro2er
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hi, guys...I am using Zhonzou medical ointment...Have been for the
      last few days...Does anyone know if it is supposed to sting when
      applied?...As well, how effective might this treatment be?...Brady
      or anyone else who is or has used this ointment, please let me know
      if it was viable and helped them...

      Obviously diet is imperative, yet treatment helps as well.

      Thanks in advance.

      Best,
      Mike H.
    • Brady Barrows
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2005
        Mike,
        I have been using the Zhongzhou Medical Ointment
        since October 1, 2004 and have chronicled this in my
        diary >

        http://www.rosacea-diet.com/html/diary3.html

        It has worked incredibly for me and my rosacea is
        completely controlled and my face clear. Yes, when
        applying it there is a 'menthol' effect and it causes my
        eyes to tear. I do not feel any stinging at all, just this
        cool menthol effect. The only side effect I have found
        is tearing. So I put it on just before bed and close my
        eyes to reduce the tearing to minimal. The Z cream
        is like toothpaste so it is nearly impossible to put it
        on in the morning since it is very difficult to blend into
        the skin. The best method is just before bed and then
        wash it off in the morning with the Acarid Soap which
        is also sold by www.demodexsolutions.com. I wash
        and shave with the Acarid Soap which I think helps too.

        I am still using my Rosacea Diet as well. My Rosacea Diet
        and the Z cream doesn't cure rosacea but it sure is the
        best method I have come up with so far. I highly
        recommend this regimen.

        Brady Barrows

        --- In rosacea-diet-users-support-group@yahoogroups.com, "mhpro2er"

      • acarad@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2005
          to mike h,
          i tried the zhongzou cream along with the companion creme that they
          recommend. i used the zhongzou cream every evening, since it was more noticeable and
          did sting and burn my eyes, and used the other cream each morning. altho
          brady seems to have had good results with them, i did not. i used both for a
          month, and my rosacea not only got much worse while using them, but my skin
          became very dry and flaky as well. i thought this might just be a coincidence,
          so i stuck with the regimen anyway; after a month, however, i decided to
          stop and see what happened, and my skin has since been much clearer, with only
          minor rosacea reddening.....
          i have still found that diet, specifically avoiding carbs and sugars, seems
          to help my skin the most. also drinking a lot of water.
          annette

        • Brady Barrows
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 1, 2005
            Anne,
            The demodexsolutions.com site says that it might get
            worse before better and that a three month regimen is
            needed to clear rosacea. I too tried the X cream which
            is what they recommend for daytime application since
            it blends in better than the Z cream. However, when I
            tried the X cream my rosacea turned bright red where
            I applied it and immediately stopped using it. There
            is an X-Factor in rosacea, pun intended >

            http://www.rosacea-diet.com/html/xfactor.html

            What works for one may not work for another. But the
            main point it to find what works for you. Yes, I think
            the Rosacea Diet is better than anything else I have
            ever tried and is better for overall health since it lowers
            the insulin and makes a glucagon dominant metabolism
            which is better for overall health. Eating vegetables
            and other complex carbohydrate is better too and I
            keep my daily carb count to less than 150 grams a day.

            Brady

            --- In rosacea-diet-users-support-group@yahoogroups.com, acarad@a... wrote:
            > to mike h,
            > i tried the zhongzou cream along with the companion creme that they
            > recommend. i used the zhongzou cream every evening, since it was more noticeable
            and
            > did sting and burn my eyes, and used the other cream each morning. altho
            > brady seems to have had good results with them, i did not. i used both for a
            > month, and my rosacea not only got much worse while using them, but my skin
            > became very dry and flaky as well. i thought this might just be a coincidence,
            > so i stuck with the regimen anyway; after a month, however, i decided to
            > stop and see what happened, and my skin has since been much clearer, with only
            > minor rosacea reddening.....
            > i have still found that diet, specifically avoiding carbs and sugars, seems
            > to help my skin the most. also drinking a lot of water.
            > annette

          • Karl
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 1, 2005
              I found the Z-cream to sting for the first couple of minutes
              but actually gives 'cool' feeling after that. (I believe there's some
              menthol in it). Overall, I'd say it works pretty well.
              Winter is usually worst for me as far as flareups are concerned.
              I started the Z-cream late fall and so far winter hasn't been too bad for
              me.

              Good luck.

              Hi, guys...I am using Zhonzou medical ointment...Have been for the
              last few days...Does anyone know if it is supposed to sting when
              applied?...As well, how effective might this treatment be?...Brady
              or anyone else who is or has used this ointment, please let me know
              if it was viable and helped them...

              Obviously diet is imperative, yet treatment helps as well.

              Thanks in advance.

              Best,
              Mike H.

              PLEASE DO NOT send a message to the group to
              unsubscribe or change your email settings for the
              group.

              to temporarily suspend email go to this url >
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rosacea-
              diet-users-support-group
              click on 'Edit My Membrship'
              near top right corner
              and then select either NO EMAIL
              or another alternative is DIGEST
              which is ONE EMAIL from the group!
              ght corner
              and then select either NO EMAIL
              or another alternative is DIGEST
              which is ONE EMAIL from the group!

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Karl
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 1, 2005
                I have found that a light spray with Zenmed Nutrient Boost Spray
                immediately before applying the Z-cream helps to thin it so it spreads
                better.

                <mhpro2er@y...> wrote:

                > Hi, guys...I am using Zhonzou medical ointment...Have been for the
                > last few days...Does anyone know if it is supposed to sting when
                > applied?...As well, how effective might this treatment be?...Brady
                > or anyone else who is or has used this ointment, please let me know
                > if it was viable and helped them...
                >
                > Obviously diet is imperative, yet treatment helps as well.
                >
                > Thanks in advance.
                >
                > Best,
                > Mike H.

                PLEASE DO NOT send a message to the group to
                unsubscribe or change your email settings for the
                group.

                to temporarily suspend email go to this url >
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rosacea-
                diet-users-support-group
                click on 'Edit My Membrship'
                near top right corner
                and then select either NO EMAIL
                or another alternative is DIGEST
                which is ONE EMAIL from the group!
                ght corner
                and then select either NO EMAIL
                or another alternative is DIGEST
                which is ONE EMAIL from the group!

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • Debbie Freeberg-Renwick
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 1, 2005
                  As Brady says, everyone's case is a bit different. I
                  have found that anything that stings is going to start
                  flushing going and worsen the rosacea. This was
                  something that, at one point, I read in Nase's book
                  and after I read that, I finally started thinking back
                  to my experiences and realized I needed to listen to
                  my body - funny how long it can take to start doing
                  that - I guess, better late than never! Deb

                  --- Brady Barrows <bradybarrows@...> wrote:

                  > Anne,
                  > The demodexsolutions.com site says that it might get
                  >
                  > worse before better and that a three month regimen
                  > is
                  > needed to clear rosacea. I too tried the X cream
                  > which
                  > is what they recommend for daytime application since
                  > it blends in better than the Z cream. However, when
                  > tried the X cream my rosacea turned bright red where
                  >
                  > I applied it and immediately stopped using it.
                  > There
                  > is an X-Factor in rosacea, pun intended >
                  >
                  > http://www.rosacea-diet.com/html/xfactor.html
                  >
                  > What works for one may not work for another. But
                  > the
                  > main point it to find what works for you. Yes, I
                  > think
                  > the Rosacea Diet is better than anything else I have
                  >
                  > ever tried and is better for overall health since it
                  > lowers
                  > the insulin and makes a glucagon dominant metabolism
                  >
                  > which is better for overall health. Eating
                  > vegetables
                  > and other complex carbohydrate is better too and I
                  > keep my daily carb count to less than 150 grams a
                  > day.
                  >
                  > Brady
                  >

                  > --- In
                  > rosacea-diet-users-support-group@yahoogroups.com,
                  > acarad@a... wrote:
                  > > to mike h,
                  > > i tried the zhongzou cream along with the
                  > companion creme that they
                  > > recommend. i used the zhongzou cream every
                  > evening, since it was more noticeable
                  > and
                  > > did sting and burn my eyes, and used the other
                  > cream each morning. altho
                  > > brady seems to have had good results with them, i
                  > did not. i used both for a
                  > > month, and my rosacea not only got much worse
                  > while using them, but my skin
                  > > became very dry and flaky as well. i thought
                  > this might just be a coincidence,
                  > > so i stuck with the regimen anyway; after a
                  > month, however, i decided to
                  > > stop and see what happened, and my skin has since
                  > been much clearer, with only
                  > > minor rosacea reddening.....
                  > > i have still found that diet, specifically
                  > avoiding carbs and sugars, seems
                  > > to help my skin the most. also drinking a lot of
                  > water.
                  > > annette

                  > removed]

                • mhpro2er
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 1, 2005
                    Brady,

                    Brady,

                    Thank you kindly...Yes, I agree that diet is indeed imperative to
                    helping to control rosacea..I am pleased to be able to go out to eat
                    with my not-so-thin friends, and we basically eat the same
                    foods!...It's kind of cool, and trying to have some levity and
                    perspective, now I know how they must feel and how one, because of
                    genetics or because of a disease, must alternate lifestyle and
                    eating habits in order to cope....

                    As well, maybe my face has become more reddish the last few days
                    because I have been sink-rinsing the Z-Ointment off with Linda Sy's
                    Oatmeal Cleanser...I could use the Sulfur Soap to rinse off instead,
                    yet I have ordered the Acarid soap and should get here in a few days
                    so I will indeed rinse off with that when it gets here...Until then,
                    any suggestions? Is this better than rosacea ltd-iii, or I'm sure
                    as you feel, Brady, it all depends on who you ask...

                    I will also chronicle my experiences as you did, Brady, as it is at
                    least somewhat fun, and it can be helpful to others...which is
                    always rewarding...

                    So thanks again, and going to enter my first entry right now!

                    Mike H.

                    --- In rosacea-diet-users-support-group@yahoogroups.com, "Brady
                    Barrows" <bradybarrows@h...> wrote:

                    > Mike,
                    > I have been using the Zhongzhou Medical Ointment
                    > since October 1, 2004 and have chronicled this in my
                    > diary >
                    >
                    > http://www.rosacea-diet.com/html/diary3.html
                    >
                    > It has worked incredibly for me and my rosacea is
                    > completely controlled and my face clear. Yes, when
                    > applying it there is a 'menthol' effect and it causes my
                    > eyes to tear. I do not feel any stinging at all, just this
                    > cool menthol effect. The only side effect I have found
                    > is tearing. So I put it on just before bed and close my
                    > eyes to reduce the tearing to minimal. The Z cream
                    > is like toothpaste so it is nearly impossible to put it
                    > on in the morning since it is very difficult to blend into
                    > the skin. The best method is just before bed and then
                    > wash it off in the morning with the Acarid Soap which
                    > is also sold by www.demodexsolutions.com. I wash
                    > and shave with the Acarid Soap which I think helps too.
                    >
                    > I am still using my Rosacea Diet as well. My Rosacea Diet
                    > and the Z cream doesn't cure rosacea but it sure is the
                    > best method I have come up with so far. I highly
                    > recommend this regimen.
                    >
                    > Brady Barrows
                    >
                    > --- In rosacea-diet-users-support-
                    group@yahoogroups.com, "mhpro2er"
                    > <mhpro2er@y...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi, guys...I am using Zhonzou medical ointment...Have been for
                    the
                    > > last few days...Does anyone know if it is supposed to sting when
                    > > applied?...As well, how effective might this treatment
                    be?...Brady
                    > > or anyone else who is or has used this ointment, please let me
                    know
                    > > if it was viable and helped them...
                    > >
                    > > Obviously diet is imperative, yet treatment helps as well.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks in advance.
                    > >
                    > > Best,
                    > > Mike H.
                  • Brady Barrows
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 1, 2005
                      Karl,
                      Thanks for the tip on ZenMed. I have set up a
                      database for ZenMed and would appreciate you
                      doing me a favor and entering your comment
                      about ZenMed in the database at this url >

                      http://www.rosacea-diet.com:80/tinc?key=XQYOfJXa&formname=zenmed

                      thanks,

                      Brady

                      --- In rosacea-diet-users-support-group@yahoogroups.com, "Karl" <kdeking@m...>