Re: Exercise and flushing

  • jannezenia
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2004
      My experience is also that hard exercise triggers the rosacea. I've
      found that walking (even for hours), stretching and light exercise is
      ok.

      --- In rosacea-diet-users-support-group@yahoogroups.com,

    • Atlanticart@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2004
        It's funny that since I so authoritatively stated that one needs to build up
        to a level of heavier exercise, there are some days that light to moderate
        exercise still causes me to flush. The thing that's nice about an elliptical is
        you're not really forced to keep up with a machine that's moving at a fixed
        pace like a treadmill or stairmaster. You can decrease the speed or tension if
        you feel flushing coming on. On a treadmill you can also alternate running
        with walking -- or just variable speed walking -- every few minutes.

        I find that if I stay tuned in to my flushing level, I can kind of control
        it. It doesn't always work but the benefits of exercise have provided benefits
        that have far outweighed the occasional rosacea flareup.

        Best to all. Happy 4th.

        Steve