weight loss

  • wildnanny44
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
      Hello
      I've been on this rosacea diet now for two months. My face is
      looking better then it has in years, and I plan on staying on it. But
      there is one concern I do have. When I started this diet my weight
      was 135lbs. at 5 foot 7in it was OK. But now after two months I only
      weigh 116lbs. I'm starting to look very thin. I seem to be eating
      lots. When ever I try to eat more carbs. the rosacea returns. Has
      anyone else had this problem? Do you think the weight loss will stop.
      Also does anyone drink soy milk, I found one with low carbs I'd like
      to try it but I'm still afaid of the rosacea coming back.
      Thanks gail
    • Atlanticart@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
        Gail:
      • Atlanticart@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
          Gail:

          The weight will stop at some point but it's hard tell where until it happens.
          I was going to suggest adding some protien supplements -- there are some
          that are low carb -- but if you're asking about soy milk, I'm assuming you keep
          nondairy. The protein supplement I use is whey, I've seen others that are egg.
          You may have to do some looking to find a nondairy low carb supplement.

          steve
        • wildnanny44
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
            Hi Steve

            It doesn't have to be nondairy. I do eat chesse. I just thought
            that milk had to much carbs and sugar in it to drink it, and was
            afraid it would flare up the rosacea. What are the protein
            supplements? Are they a pill or are you talking about the bars you
            eat. I have tried them yet.
            gail
          • Brady Barrows
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
              Gail,

              The problem with weight loss has been a concern
              for some, but most rosaceans don't complain of
              this. I certainly understand your concern and you
              no doubt know what you want your ideal weight to
              be. When you drink milk (dairy) your rosacea returns?
              Have you tried drinking heavy cream along with
              protein powder? As Steve has pointed out, there
              are several protein powders made from different
              sources, soy, whey, egg, barley, and so on. On
              page 195, note 22 there are some examples. When you
              use heavy cream it does not mix well with protein
              powder. I suggest first dissolving the protein powder
              in a little water until dissolved, then adding the
              heavy cream. I personally use Healthy 'n Fit Nutritionals
              100% Egg Protein Vanillia Ice Cream Flavor. Tastes great
              with heavy cream.

              This problem of weight loss for
              those who do not want it may seem to be a quandary
              but I think in the long run you will attain to your
              'ideal' weight through experience with different
              food until you accept the results. You can always
              eat those carbohydrates and see your weight return,
              but you may not like dealing with the rosacea with
              other treatments. Some prefer the other treatments.
              Many would love to trade your weight for their
              weight! But I do want to try to figure out what
              you can do to gain some weight. Maybe the group
              will offer so more suggestions which can help any
              who have this problem in the future.

              Brady

              On Friday, August 1, 2003, at 07:33 AM, wildnanny44 wrote:

              > Hi Steve
              >
              >       It doesn't have to be nondairy. I do eat chesse. I just thought
              > that milk had to much carbs and sugar in it to drink it, and was
              > afraid it would flare up the rosacea. What are the protein
              > supplements? Are they a pill or are you talking about the bars you
              > eat. I have tried them yet.
              >               gail

              <image.tiff>