Re: Rosacea and Cheese

  • mineren
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2003
      Okay, I stand corrected re: carbs and cheese - I didn't know that
      Velvetta and Cheese Whiz were still around, ha!!

      --- In rosacea-diet-users-support-group@yahoogroups.com, Brady
      Barrows <brady.barrows@v...> wrote:
      > Giovanna,
      >
      > I am glad the Rosacea Diet is helping your flushing
      > to subside. Most cheese has zero carbs but some
      > have trace or less than 1 gram per serving.
      > However, American, Cabot, Laughing Cow,
      > marscarpone, mozzarella, muenster,
      > provolone, romano, and cream cheese, all contain
      > 1 gram per serving.
      > One cup of Ricotta has 7 grams. while cottage
      > cheese has 4 grams. Velveeta has 3 grams, Cheese
      > Whiz has 4 grams.
      > You can find Dr. Atkins Carb Gram Counter
      > at the url mentioned in note number 20
      > at the end of my book in the endnotes.
      >
      > Brady
      >
      > On Wednesday, April 30, 2003, at 08:14 PM, collageartist45 wrote:
      >

      > > Hi folks,
      > > I am glad to have this email list, with all these well-informed
      > > people looking at their nutrition. It really helps. I'm on my
      third
      > > week of Brady's diet, and it does seem to help me flush a lot
      less.
      > > One question I have today: does cheese really have zero carbs?
      Most
      > > of the packages of cheese I checked say 0 carbs. I'm surprised. I
      > > have tried to locate that book Dr. Atkins Carb Gram Counter, but
      > > think it's temporarily sold out. Haven't been able to find it on
      the
      > > web....So I'm hoping I'm not going over my 30 grams a day by
      eating
      > > cheese too much. Any thoughts?....Giovanna
      > >
      > > --- In rosacea-diet-users-support-group@yahoogroups.com,
      > >

      > <image.tiff>

      > > or you may want to select this
      > >
      > > NOMAIL to suspend group email temporarily
      > > or
      > > DIGEST to receive fewer emails
      > >
      > > click near top right corner, 'Edit my Membership'

      Service.

    • collageartist45
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2003
        Hi folks,
        Thanks for your replies concerning my cheesy questions. I will now be
        more careful when consuming cheese. And, I think I have a copy of the
        Dr Atkins Carb Gram Counter book on its way to me from amazon.com.
        The first couple of attempts I made to get the book proved
        unsuccessful. One thing about cottage cheese, I love it, but all the
        brands I have so far checked have some sugar content or sugar
        substitute in them, even the "healthy" brands seem to. Anybody else
        found one that works? .....Giovanna

        -- In rosacea-diet-users-support-group@yahoogroups.com, "mineren"