New To Diet- Eggs Causing a Problem?

  • fuss62497@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2001
      Hi,
      I've been on the diet only about 4 days now. I've done fine or with
      little change unless I eat eggs for breakfast. My face is on fire it
      seems when I eat eggs. I normally wasnt someone who ate eggs often so
      never noticed if they were a problem.
      Could I have a allergy or reaction to eggs do you think ?
      Maybe 2 days of egg breakfast isn't enough to go by, but seems like
      eggs could be a problem here.
      Thanks, I find all the posts helpful and interesting.
      Diane
    • Brady Barrows
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2001
        Diane,

        your are a first to have a question like this. I would give it a full
        week and see if you are still having a problem. If so, you may be
        allergic to eggs. Now that's a problem! I hope you are not a
        vegetarian? Eggs are a big source of protein. Try putting some
        cheese with the eggs. I hope you are not allergic to them.

        Brady

        --- In rosacea-diet-users-support-group@y..., fuss62497@y...
        wrote:
        > Hi,
        > I've been on the diet only about 4 days now. I've done fine or
        with
        > little change unless I eat eggs for breakfast. My face is on fire it
        > seems when I eat eggs. I normally wasnt someone who ate
        eggs often so
        > never noticed if they were a problem.
        > Could I have a allergy or reaction to eggs do you think ?
        > Maybe 2 days of egg breakfast isn't enough to go by, but
        seems like
        > eggs could be a problem here.
        > Thanks, I find all the posts helpful and interesting.
        > Diane
      • Debbie Freeberg-Renwick
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2001
          Hi,
          This is one of the things i learned for the Eat Right
          For Your Type book - blood type diet book. Type 'O's
          should only consume something like 3 or 4 egs a week.
          When I go over this amount my digestiuon goes off and
          then my face gets real hot. I don't get a rash, but it
          gets more flushed.
          Deb

          --- fuss62497@... wrote:
          > Hi,
          > I've been on the diet only about 4 days now. I've
          > done fine or with
          > little change unless I eat eggs for breakfast. My
          > face is on fire it
          > seems when I eat eggs. I normally wasnt someone who
          > ate eggs often so
          > never noticed if they were a problem.
          > Could I have a allergy or reaction to eggs do you
          > think ?
          > Maybe 2 days of egg breakfast isn't enough to go by,
          > but seems like
          > eggs could be a problem here.
          > Thanks, I find all the posts helpful and
          > interesting.
          > Diane

          Find a job, post your resume.
          http://careers.yahoo.com
        • Fuchsia Cottage Pottery
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 7, 2001
            I would look out for organic eggs as they have a much higher omega 3 to 6
            oil ratio which is one of the major causes of heart disease in the last 50
            years ,[ when we all started eating sunflower oil etc to be healthy.] I just
            got this information from the Discovery Channel.

            I have also been reading Udo Erasmus's book 'Fats that Heal , Fats that
            Kill'
            That was a real eye opener , after reading it I thru out everything in the
            house with hydrogenated fat in it, invested in the best quality organic
            olive oil , bought flaxseed , new grinder and have stocked up the deep
            freeze with
            mackeral and salmon !

            another O type

            Christina

            > This is one of the things i learned for the Eat Right
            > For Your Type book - blood type diet book. Type 'O's
            > should only consume something like 3 or 4 egs a week.
            > When I go over this amount my digestiuon goes off and
            > then my face gets real hot. I don't get a rash, but it
            > gets more flushed.
            > Deb
            >
            > --- fuss62497@... wrote:
            > > Hi,
            > > I've been on the diet only about 4 days now. I've
            > > done fine or with
            > > little change unless I eat eggs for breakfast. My
            > > face is on fire it
            > > seems when I eat eggs. I normally wasnt someone who
            > > ate eggs often so
            > > never noticed if they were a problem.
            > > Could I have a allergy or reaction to eggs do you
            > > think ?
            > > Maybe 2 days of egg breakfast isn't enough to go by,
            > > but seems like
            > > eggs could be a problem here.
            > > Thanks, I find all the posts helpful and
            > > interesting.
            > > Diane

          • Debbie Freeberg-Renwick
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 8, 2001
              Is there anyone in this group that isn't type O?

              --- Fuchsia Cottage Pottery <fuchsiacottage@...>

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 8, 2001
                I've been wondering the same thing...
                wrote:
                > Is there anyone in this group that isn't type O?
                >
                > --- Fuchsia Cottage Pottery <fuchsiacottage@...>
                > wrote:
                > > I would look out for organic eggs as they have a
                > > much higher omega 3 to 6
                > > oil ratio which is one of the major causes of
                > heart
                > > disease in the last 50
                > > years ,[ when we all started eating sunflower oil
                > > etc to be healthy.] I just
                > > got this information from the Discovery Channel.
                > >
                > > I have also been reading Udo Erasmus's book 'Fats
                > > that Heal , Fats that
                > > Kill'
                > > That was a real eye opener , after reading it I
                > > thru out everything in the
                > > house with hydrogenated fat in it, invested in the
                > > best quality organic
                > > olive oil , bought flaxseed , new grinder and
                > have
                > > stocked up the deep
                > > freeze with
                > > mackeral and salmon !
                > >
                > > another O type
                > >
                > > Christina

              • Kirchner, Kathryn
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 8, 2001
                  Yes, I'm type A. The type A diet differs somewhat from Brady's in that it
                  includes many fruits and grains that are verboten on Brady's diet.

                • acarad@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 8, 2001
                    i agree. are we all type O's? i am of course. i just finished reading
                    "diet for your blood type" -- could the possible connection be with the
                    bacteria that seems in higher concentrations in type O's, the H. pylori?
                  • emrauback@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 9, 2001
                      Hi Shannon,

                      I like that attitude!! enjoy your pregnancy!
                      ELena