Re: [rosacea-diet-users-support-group] cough lollies

  • Debbie Freeberg-Renwick
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2002
      Hi Dom,
      I have gargled with tumeric and salt (in hot water of
      course). Tumeric is an anti-inflamatory. It tastes
      sort of weird, but it does give relief. Deb PS - I
      have found that the fat-free version of the 'cheddar'
      soy cheese sold here in the US is better than the
      regular cheddar soy cheese. It has a tiny bit more
      carb to it, but it is hard like hard cheddar and the
      taste and texture is more convincing. Hope you are
      feeling better soon. Deb

      --- dombody <dom@...> wrote:
      > Hi guys,
      > I am 21 days into the Rosacea diet, and still
      > refining some things I
      > think don't work for me. I remember I mentioned my
      > reaction to
      > cheese (well..that was the suspect food at the time,
      > at least I think
      > it is cheese) to the group and a couple of you
      > suggested I could have
      > an allergy. Well, I have an appointment for an
      > allergy test next
      > week.
      >
      > The stinging across my nose and down to my cheeks
      > seems to have
      > subsided a little now I've cut out block yellow
      > cheddar cheese
      > altogether. I find Feta cheese doesn't induce the
      > same reaction. I
      > have also purchased 'pretend cheese'. We have a
      > range of foods in
      > Australia made from soy with the 'Not' prefix in
      > front of
      > everything....So 'not' cheese is my latest thing.
      > It comes in all
      > different faces...sliced, block and shredded. Some
      > of it has less
      > than a gram of sugar and low carbs and others no
      > sugar at all.
      >
      > Anyway, for the first time in about 10 years, I have
      > a sore throat.
      > It's really uncomfortable, and I would really love
      > to have something
      > soothing like a cough lollie of some sort. Anyone
      > have any
      > suggestions? I can't have a lemon drink of course.
      > :)
      >
      > Dom

      http://health.yahoo.com
    • dombody
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2002
        Thanks Guys, Great advice.

        I gargled with warm sea salted water last night, and woke up to a
        quickly recovered throat. Thanks. I did find sugarless cough
        lollies, but the packet remained closed, (just carried them around a
        lot contemplating the packet throughout the day.) as they still had
        a sugar replacement as an ingredient. I couldn't bring myself to
        open the packet.

        Has any of you great people found once you've finished the 30 day
        diet and experimented with foods that you can have these supposed
        sugar free lollies, in a small amount? At least if I know someone
        has had success with some sort of lollies there is hope that it could
        work for me too. :) It's all individual I know.

        I am going to my second party tonight sans alcohol it's a dress up
        Pirate Party, so should be fun anyway. (ha...maybe I can gargle more
        salty water..that's a very piraty thing to do)... Feel like an
        alcoholic 'coming out' to all my friends at the moment.

        Dom

        --- In rosacea-diet-users-support-group@y..., Debbie Freeberg-Renwick